Apple muncher's number crunching

Options

Comments

• apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,710 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Dd was asleep by 9 and slept until 4.30 when she only woke us - but not herself - coughng. Phew!

Dh is signing on today and has a couple of questions to put to them. He's getting a stand-in person as all the 'proper' ones ae doing some training, so I hope he gets an answer...

Need to get up and get a wiggle on, but feel justified in reading on here whilst I have my coffee - can't let it get cold...
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Got myself another NSD and a lunchtime walk, which was rather brisk as I needed to get rid of some stressy anxiety and overdose of coffee. It more or less worked.

Tomorrow I have an evening 2 hour meeting/training, which will take about 3.5 hours once travel is included. Hope I can stay awake...

Dd has had a good day and is on the mend.

I have signed up for the May NST challenge. 2 of dd's friends have bdays so I need to make their bunting. Off to have a quick look at the pillowcases to cut up...
  • Pearla*Merle
    Pearla*Merle Posts: 1,611 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Glad to hear DD is on the mend. Hope all the school stuff is calming down now? That all sounded a bit hairy :eek:

Also, wow on the decluttering!

Got to love a good walk for destressing, I did some of that myself today as well :)
    a penny picker upper. MFW approx 78% to go | FIRE 3 years worth (30% savings rate: now aiming for 40%!) | Normality is a paved road; it's comfortable to walk, but no flowers grow on it | Whatever you're meant to do, do it now. The conditions are always impossible | The only thing you absolutely have to know, is the location of the library
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Took 2 bags to the Sally Army today, also garnered another NSD.

Work has been v anxiety-inducing this week. I have even been working out how many hours I would need to work on minimum wage to earn the same as I would do when I cut back to 2 days - and although it is a silly number, I haven't dismissed it yet...

Anyway, 1 more day this week, and then a back massage with a friend on Friday.

And then launch myself into exam board work...
  • Pearla*Merle
    Pearla*Merle Posts: 1,611 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    :( to stressy work. It seems to be everywhere at the moment, everyone I talk to seems to be having a difficult time of it. Hopefully it's something in the air that will blow over. Sending you good vibes nonetheless! And hurrah for imminent back massages ;) xx
    a penny picker upper. MFW approx 78% to go | FIRE 3 years worth (30% savings rate: now aiming for 40%!) | Normality is a paved road; it's comfortable to walk, but no flowers grow on it | Whatever you're meant to do, do it now. The conditions are always impossible | The only thing you absolutely have to know, is the location of the library
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Today is payday and there is still money in my account - yay!

Yet another broken night with dd. The sooner I am back to 2 days, the better I'll cope with it all.

Work itself isn't bad at all; it is certain situations that have badly affected me and that I am 'working through' but it takes time.

Exam board stuff 1 opens today; exam board stuff 2 next Thurs; 2 more weeks until study leave starts; 4 weeks until half term.

The sun is shining, I have washed my hair so I feel less skanky. Off I go!
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    No more work until Tuesday - hooray!

Dd has had another awesome clearout. The lady who is organising the 3-4s on the camping weekend we are doing sent out a request for teddies. We mentioned this to dd who has been through her stash and found 17 teddies to go! Of which about 10 are bui1dabears - but all are ones we got from ch shops, so not as special to her as others. One black sack of bears and another bag for the Sally Army. Go girl!

Tomorrow:
    -school runs
    -washing
    -mow if weather is suitable
    -replace mower blades first
    -m a s s a g e - can't wait!
    -take bags to SA
    -maybe get a sbucks £1 coffee when in that area
    -mega workout - it has been too long since the last one
    -exam board stuff 1
    -marking

Can't see all that fitting in between the school runs...
  • apple_muncher
    Options

Tomorrow:
    -school runs :D1 down, 1 to go. Dd did not want to go :(
    -washing :D
    -mow if weather is suitable
    -replace mower blades first
    -m a s s a g e - can't wait!
    -take bags to SA NOPE
    -maybe get a sbucks £1 coffee when in that area NOPE - tis cheaper at home
    -mega workout - it has been too long since the last one :D:T:j:T:D - ZWOW 49
    -exam board stuff 1
    -marking

So, I decided not to 'bother' with having to drive out for the SA bags and coffee. But to do some bunting embroidery and the workout:

[FONT=&quot]ZWOW 49 Merry Christmas Workout (365 reps; most 12k KB): 2 DB swing L; 10 competition burpee (belly down); 20 DB swing R; 10 competition burpee (belly down); 20 reptile push up (belly down, knee to elbow when up); 10 competition burpee; 20 side crunch L; 10 comp etition burpee; 20 side crunch R; 10 competition burpee; 20 strict mountain climber; 10 competition burpee; 20 DB dragon rev lunge; 10 competition burpee; 20 side to side DB squat; 10 competition burpee; 20 knee hug; 10 competition burpee OOPS!!!; 20 spider (plank, straight leg under to opposite hand); 10 competition burpee; 20 3k DB lunge press L (lunge position, lift DB as rise); 10 competition burpee; 20 3k DB lunge press R (lunge position, lift DB as rise); 10 comp etition burpee; 5 BW jump squat = 32min; cool down

I didn't realise until the end that I had missed out the knee hugs + burpee part, but couldn't face adding that in, as it had taken 32 mins to get to that point!

I will sooooo enjoy the massage now![/FONT]
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Awesome massage!!! And then 30mins in the quiet room whilst friend had hers, so I made good use of the amazing massage chair :D. And it all cost £10 less than I was expecting :D.

Friend and I then went for a coffee and chat - we are both doing the camping, so discussed that too.

And we've decided to go again, as our birthdays are within a month of each other.

Have liver and bacon to cook for tea - not quite sure what to do with them, so must have a search through the recipe books.
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Note to self: workouts that involve about 100 burpees will make your wrists hurt. Despite switching to using my knuckles instead of my palms, my right wrist is v tender indeed. Probably worsened by using the belligerent lawnmower - which has now died on me, leaving a large L shapeof 6" grass unmown where the climbing frame was before I moved it in order to mow. Aha! Add moving a climbing frame onto the pain-inducing activity list! It is all starting to make sense now... Must dig out the Hands Free workout for next session.

Phase 1 of exam board standardisation complete, and a very nice chat with my Team Leader has been had. Phase 2 awaits me in the morning, along with marking my own pupils' work. Dh is doing the ballet/freestyle/musical theatre run, so I'll get 2+ hours to focus. I'd better get it done, or there will be trouble...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback