Apple muncher's number crunching

Options

Comments

• apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,727 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Had trouble getting to sleep before midnight last night, and then I woke up when dh got up just before 6. Ugh.

Work was a mixture of ups and downs, ending with a huge down that needs shrugging off. There were lots of lovely ups during the day. :)

Journey home was dire. Stopped to drop off 2 bags to the Sally Army and then the last 4 miles took over an hour. No reason, just traffic.

Got home to discover dd had had a nasty tumble and her right knee, left hand (front and back - how???) and left hip are all very, very painful. So, no Brownies tonight. And no cheer tomorrow. And no Daily Mile or PE for the rest of the week.

However, in the SA, I did spend £6 of credit on a brown tweedy skirt suit (£5) and 2 pillowcases at 50p each (credit is in £2 increments so needed to spend a multiple of that :D). The brown tweedy fabric will become some robin doorstops. I have a pattern from a 20p magazine, dd's school's logo is a robin, and I shall make her teacher one for the end of the year. May even get one done earlier as dd says that their classroom door stopper has a hole in it... So, finally, a project to look forward to. And the pillowcases may become bunting with names on it, ot it may get purloined by dd for her creations...
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Dd slept on a couple of exercise mats on our floor last night - saved trying to lift her up in to her own bed. The doorway was thus rather blocked, so we did well not to step on her! She'll not be going to school today. She struggled to get comfy and sleep, and dh said that she had been in shock for quite a while. I'm v grateful to the lady (unknown to me apart from maybe being the mum to one of the little boys and possible girlfriend to one of dd's friends' dad...!) who was already carrying her down to our house when dh met them. I expect she will ache a lot today.

Time to shake a tail feather and get ready for work. Here's hoping for an uneventful day...
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Poor DD - she's had a rough week or so with tumbles :( Hope she's had a restful day today xx
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Thank you greent. She has had a quiet day at home with daddy, which has been good for her.

I got through work with no unforeseen incidents and did another Icyland shop as dh was unable to go anywhere. I also bought ibuprofen for dd and snuck in a ch shop visit to buy 2 pillowcases for bunting that I'd not bought on my last visit. I am thinking about making bunting for dd's friends' bdays, with their name on it.

I have cut out all the pieces for a robin doorstop. At 25cm, tis rather tall!

My brain isn't fit for much else, although I know I need to check over some exam board emails and then do something about them. Procrastination and ostrich-approach win today!

Currently weighing up paying as much as poss off the mortgage in order to reduce the monthly amount we need to pay, so that we therefore need to bring in less money. Not sure dh will go for it as he does like to have money for 'just in case'. Me too, if I'm honest! Maybe we could pay 25% of it off...
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Ooph. Am mightily happy that my working week is done.

Dd enjoyed school, though she didn't do taekwondo. Dh saw the dep head and talked about the ongoing things with her. She is totally on our side and agrees that thinking the girls may become friends is rather ridiculous- that seems to be what the class teacher was thinking :eek:. Anyhow, dd had nowt to do with her nemesis today :T

I have sewn up the robin, except the gusset. It does look rather good and dd is impressed.

Dh is sitting upstairs tonight so that I could do the exam board gubbins. And I have read oodles of stuff that I need to, opened and saved a myriad of docs so that they are on my computer and not on tinterweb. There is still plenty more to do, but information overload is unpleasant, so I plan to do it tomorrow with a good cup of coffee :D.

Tomorrow:
    -read exam bumf
    -washing
    -change bedding
    -coffee out
    -sweep floors
    -workout
    -mow?
    -finish robin
    -school runs
    -make 2x optician appointments
    -start to plan May as it is a complicated month
    -food shop
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    A change of plan as dd woke at midnight needing medicine and she then slept in with us. When I woke her for school, her eyes were red and itchy, and her face was puffy. We saw a doctor just after 10 and I decided to keep her off school. Piriton and washing with salt water is now the order of the day.

We did all have a coffee out before the dr. 3 beds have been stripped and all towels replaced. 1 colours wash done. 1 towels + bits wash in. Workout done. Shop done (by dh when we went to the dr). And the robin just needs a final sew up.

Now to cut out another one...
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Frugal hit of the day: using odds and ends that have been accumulating over the last few months to stuff the robin, and rice from the cupboard to weigh him down.

I think I have talked dh out of applying for a job that seemed to offer 50k and 2 days per week from home. Why oh why??? Well, the journey was reckoned to be between 1h10 and 2 hours each way, per day. I don't reckon you can start a new job and jump straight into working from home. So there was the potential for 20 hours travel per week. And we would need to buy another car. I'd rather he worked v locally as a barista on minimum wage!!! That way he won't pay tax, he is around, we get to spend time with him, he can relax...

He was thinking he could manage it for 2 years, so I mentioned that it was not just about him - there are 3 of us here! I'm pretty sure he will not be applying...

Dd has improved with staying at home. Her eyes are still red, but not red all round and puffy.

Day 31/50 Not looked at this for a while... 22 workouts so far. About 3 books read. Am eating 7+ veggies more often than not. Walking 10k a day is not happening, but I am getting to bed around 10pm most nights. Controlled assessments very nearly almost complete, marking the very nearly start of my moderation and exam board marking avalanche...

May will be busy, bordering on manic. I will need to be extremely totally organised. However, there are still 8 days of April left to enjoy! Hmm, 3 weeks to study leave - plenty to accomplish before then... including setting another 50 (ish) day challenge...
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Glad DD's improving :) xx

I think time home/ together is more important, too (I think I may have persuaded my DH of this now - to a degree) Money/ perceived status do not necessarily make for happiness! I prefer (now - I was different when younger) a slower, simpler life with more emphasis on time :)

xx
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Well, the puffy eyes are definitely connected to a stinker of a cold. 7 sneezes in a row at 4.30am woke us all up! We did all get back to sleep, waking at gone 9am - much needed. So dd has not gone to dance.

The washing machine is on its second load; we are all fed; I have been to the chemist to sort my presc, collect most of dd's and buy more piriton; the c00p yielded up a loaf of gf bread, as dd's won't arrive until Friday; and dd is now enjoying the latest Jac Wilson magazine, snuggled in our bed and with a box of tissues to hand.
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Today I was on kids klub, so dd came along too. It meant we were out of the house earlier than we'd even woken up yesterday! She survived - just, but it has worn her out. I leave it up to dh as to whether or not she goes to school tomorrow...

She had a massive clearout of her room yesterday, filling 4 bags for the Salvation Army. Go dd!

Off to do some exam board stuff... Fun all the way.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback