Apple muncher's number crunching

Options

Comments

• apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,754 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Oh dear. Keep spending! A few bits for mum + her house, then m'way lunch. Sigh. Cheap fuel up at mum's though.

But a lovely journey home - no hold-ups or queues anywhere. (Once we managed to follow the diversion signs as they'd closed the m'way slip road where we were meant to join it...)

Tomorrow is another day. Of course :D. 2 bags for the Sally Army, and meeting a work friend for coffee - the one whose maternity cover I am doing - but it should be a child-free meet-up, as her dh is also a teacher :).

-washing
    -zwow 42
    -cut dd's hair
    -change bed and turn mattress
    - do a shopping list
    -clean windows
    -paint some of dd's room?
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Ooh. A great catch up with my friend,cuddles with her baby, and only £1 for a sbucks coffee.

2 bags to SA and a pair of jeans for me for £2. A cotton hoodie for dh for £1, a book for dd for 30p and a brand new bag for my knitting for £2.50 (given to dh to give me on my bday)

Zwow 42 is hard! A bodyweight one: 10 competition burpees with tuck jump; 20 low jacks; 20 strict mountain climbers; 10 commando press up; 20 knee hugs. 4 times through. 17 mins. My face was this colour::mad:

Time for another coffee. The rain is pouring down and I've just remembered that it is mse email day:D. Off to peruse...
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Aren't the hols fab?!
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Oh yes,indeed! Having Easter at the start was good, as it then felt like 2 weeks with no 'interruptions'.

A good chance to recharge before the onslaught of the up-to-study-leave period. My gcse kiddies have their exams for me on the first tues, so we get it over v quickly. Nice.
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Dh was up rather early (it began with a 5...) so I have also been awake for a while...

At least it gave me time to do bunny slope #4. And Tilly Tidy my bank account. And read.

So, we are now at day 16/50. The exercise is going well, and I've only taken 2 days off from it - and they were both gentle bunny slope days. I've read a couple of books, done a little knitting. However... no weight loss, as I might just be eating a little more than I need. And it may not always be the right food that goes in my mouth...

Today?
    -sweep downstairs
    -whites wash (need dsd to wake up, to see if she has any to add)
    -food shop (dh exclaimed that the fridge was EMPTY!!! yesterday...)
    -check dd's homework situation
    -pay for next term's activities
    -wash up
    -drink coffee
    -email re robins/ravioli lavender bags
    -read docs for FGB next week - they are deep, complicated ones...
    -make cakes
  • apple_muncher
    Options

Today?
    -sweep downstairs :T
    -whites wash (need dsd to wake up, to see if she has any to add) :T
    -food shop (dh exclaimed that the fridge was EMPTY!!! yesterday...) :T
    -check dd's homework situation :T - yep, needs doing :D
    -pay for next term's activities
    -wash up :T
    -drink coffee :T
    -email re robins/ravioli lavender bags
    -read docs for FGB next week - they are deep, complicated ones...
    -make cakes

Now to tackle the cakes - and warm up a bit with the oven on!
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Cakes done and payments made. Calendar also brought up to date with when activities start or have breaks.

And here's a post for the week from the NST challenge:

Now we all can see properly, a picture of health with glowing radiant skin, fluffy feet and oh so fit, we are ready for a tough weekly challenge.

Week 2 challenge – Audit time

Being a geek I added up very roughly that between us turtles we have 106 years experience on this site, having approximately total debt 56k outstanding and looks like 15 of us are debt free. Haven’t included mortgages in these figures and can only go by information given in your signatures. I'm one of the ones who is not in debt, just have the mortgage.

This week audit your finances and your lifestyle.

Finances

Make sure for get the best value for everything we buy. Dh is supremely excellent at this!

Check energy deals, read meter make sure not overpaying/ underpaying Done today. Oh switched us from Ovo, and they have already refunded us our credit without us even having to ask for it. Go them!
    Dry washing outside, avoid tumble driers, use heating sparingly, extra layers, jumpers. Showers timed. Batch cook save gas/electric. I almost put the heating on to dry the washing a little, then I read this and decided not to! Dsd isn't here tonight, so I can put the airer in her room.
    Can we buy food anywhere cheaper, switch to own brands Total Aldee user here, unless it is specific - eg g-f - and not available there.
    Petrol – check out online prices before buying in your local area. Yep, we do this. With dh not working, we are using very little fuel indeed, and a place near my work is often a few pennies per litre cheaper than ones nearer home.
    Check tyre pressures, drive economically as possible. Avoid short journeys WALK. dd and I were going to drive to the shops, but she opted to walk - much more fun as we chatter away en route. It meant I had to carry all the shopping back though!
    Look at every outgoing you have, any contracts near the end?
    Are you setting money aside for house maint, car repairs, dentist.... Yep - got savings.
    Do you need to spend at all?
    Cancel and cut up any old credit cards

Lifestyle

Our behaviour/ focus on what’s important in our life, changes over the years.

Personally I don’t need expensive holidays, lots of nights out, flash cars, keep up with the Jones’s – not sure made me really happy anyway. Holidays did for the 2 weeks until I got home and credit card bill arrived. Summer holiday machinations underway - probably stay with my sister oop norf, and hopefully combine it with seeing friend over from Spain with her kiddies. Also plan to visit mum. So, no 'proper' holiday this year as even if he has a job, dh won't have accrued days off!

Decide what is important to you.

Can you clear your debts/mortgage quickly and still have a life? Oh yes indeedy. We are not ones for going out much, so do not spend a great deal on having other people bring us food or drink in eateries. I am back to Tilly tidying to the mortgage :D.

Are you just sat at home counting every penny afraid to live a little?

The most important thing is to enjoy your life—to be happy—it’s all that matters.” ― Audrey Hepburn

Ninja turtles have to emerge from their sewers, still staying off the pizza and live life to the max on a tight budget.

List 2 things a day (within reason;)) that made your day happier and more fun.

Today was happier because dd and I nattered away together, and also because she is such a cheerful little miss that she always makes my day brighter and more enjoyable.

• apple_muncher
    Options
    Zwow 43 done. Dd did some of it with me and made it look soooooo easy!

Washing on.

Off soon to collect friend for dd + drop off dh.

Haircut booked for 1pm - oops,will have to take the girls along as dh won't be back by then.

Email frog sent. Email reading required, along with the docs for the fgb...

Just asked dd to give dh 2 short messages and as she went upstairs, she muttered, ''I'll just add a connective in there...!''
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    That 10-second mayo is truly awesome! :D Now I can slather it on my veggies for lunches next week, make hm coleslaw...

Dh is making some hm chips; I'll do salmon satay chunks. And we can have a dollop of awesome mayo with them :D
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    I have started writing down all that passes my lips. That way I hope to locate what I need to reduce or remove...

Dance classes done and thoroughly enjoyed. And I got a sleeve cuff knitted instead of wandering around the ch shops... :D.

Dsd dropped back in to dress up for a wedding - she looks stunning. I told her to thoroughly vet anyone who proposed to her!

Dd has been watching barbie doll and Polly pocket homemade movies on utube and has got her own ppockets out to locate certain bits and pieces. She'll be occupied for an hour or so!

I'm off to put another coffee on and check out bunny slope 5...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback