Comments

• stoneman
    stoneman Posts: 4,521 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    May
    Froggitt wrote: »
    Great post Trets.

Few thoughts...........the monorail from Mirage to TI is basically 50 yards long across one of the side roads off the strip......hardly worth the wait time for it.
    I think you are slighty wrong there. The monorail is a good 1/4 mile long, and saves you walking along the back footpath behind the volcano and crossing the very busy joint entrance to TI and Mirage, and in summer you get to stay in the AC longer by going through TI instead of walking outside;)
    The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.
  • stoneman
    Options
    May
    Just a few observations on New Years eve. Managed to get my car into PlanetHo valet about 7pm, knowing the guys, (and handing over $5 helps) got 2 comped buffets to Spice Market for my craps play. Nice but wouldn't consider this as one of the best in Vegas, (Wynn for $5 more is far better) decided to stay at PlanetHo for the night as I wanted to play craps and my wife likes Wolf Run penny slots. Well, all of the tables were put up to $25 minimums. Managed to lose $400 in about 15 minutes, but still about $1,000 up on the trip so far. The crowds in the hotel made it impossible to get a seat to play any machines, they just sat there not playing, bloody annoying, and because of this, the cocktail waitresses disappeared, so we had to PAY FOR A DRINK!!!
    There was an expected 300,000 on the strip, we went out for the fireworks which lasted a good 5 minutes. Everyone was very drunk but good natured. Went back inside and hung around for a bit longer but the crowds just made it too impossible, so we got the car and came back to or hotel, as we were on the same side as PlanetHo made it back in about 5 minutes. So, a good night if you wanted to get drunk and hang out with other drunks, but not if you want to gamble, roll on tonight, and watch all those California licence plates disappear back down the 15
    The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.
  • trets77
    trets77 Posts: 2,886 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    April
    photome wrote: »
    Thanks to trets I now have a countdown clock till my next trip, just need to know how to get it at the bottom of my posts now

03-20-2008_Vegas+Trip.png

you cannot use it as your signature at the bottom of posts unfortunatly. it is to do with different types of codes or something. Las Vegas message board has some great themed las vegas countdown clocks , but you can only use them as your signature on las vegas message boards :mad:

Well done mate! errmm I sincerely hope you are male!

:rotfl: :rotfl: i certainly am :D

you will also notice i have posted a poll on the thread. me being me, food was on my mind . i will start a new poll each month . feel free to make a suggestion on what the next poll will be. and remember folks it is just for fun ( and i know i spelt caesers wrong :o)
    Better in my pocket than theirs :rotfl:
  • piggeh
    piggeh Posts: 1,723 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    With regards the attractions (free attractions) - the wynn has a show in the 'parasol down' bar (outside bar near the back somewhere). Have a drink by the lake and waterfall and then in the evenings avery 20 minutes they have a light/video display to music, with various items coming out the water etc. It's quite impressive and well worth seeking out, especially as you can sit down and have a drink at the same time.
    matched betting: £879.63
  • Crabman
    Crabman Posts: 9,943 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    trets77 wrote: »
    you will find it within the travel board index sticky , along with all the other MSE guides. just bookmark this page . don't worry there will be plenty of hotel offers ect to keep it bumped in case you lose it .;)
    Thread is now a sticky :)
  • trets77
    trets77 Posts: 2,886 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    April
    piggeh wrote: »
    With regards the attractions (free attractions) - the wynn has a show in the 'parasol down' bar (outside bar near the back somewhere). Have a drink by the lake and waterfall and then in the evenings avery 20 minutes they have a light/video display to music, with various items coming out the water etc. It's quite impressive and well worth seeking out, especially as you can sit down and have a drink at the same time.

you can catch some you tube videos of it here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM9Do8flBjE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1ri0MqqIzs

i still haven't been :mad: to see it :o , but it is high on my list for April.
    i didn't include it the main guide and because it is a bit harder to see than the others . but thats what what we have replys for , to let people add their own titbits and favorites :beer: . it would be a bit selfish ( not to mention time consuming) for me to do everything and not let others add to the thread .
    Better in my pocket than theirs :rotfl:
  • atro1
    atro1 Posts: 1,501 Forumite
    Options
    May
    03-03-2008_off+to+Las+Vegas_0-0-255_127-255-212.png

There you go. cannot wait!!!
    Be ALERT - The world needs more LERTS
  • debasur
    debasur Posts: 98 Forumite
    Options
    Excellent work Trets on the new thread..
    After finding the original 2007 Vegas thread back in , well , early 2007 lol (jan) ,
    booked a good flight and found excellent hotel deals , and had a great time in april 2007 , all with the aid of this site.
    Now looking to go back 2008..
    Well done again :T :T
  • ruthy14
    ruthy14 Posts: 163 Forumite
    Options
    April
    hello I have booked NY NY hotel for 12 night in september for $109 a night what do you all think.
  • stoneman
    Options
    May
    ruthy14 wrote: »
    hello I have booked NY NY hotel for 12 night in september for $109 a night what do you all think.
    Have you booked direct with the hotel? If so, seems a decent offer, but keep checking on here for better deals nearer your holiday, and check the hotels own website about 6 weeks before you go as prices will usually go up and down closer to your travel date. If you manage to find a better deal, cancel your origional booking (which will not cost you anything as long as it is 48 hours? before your stay) and re-book the better offer
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure