PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The "have a look at this!" thread II

Options

Comments

• fionajbanana
    Options
    http://www.rightmove.co.uk/new-homes-for-sale/property-38740388.html

My parents and I were staying nearby earlier this week and drove past this ugly thing. Its not in keeping with the surrounding properties (see pics 5 and 20). Also this isn't on any of the photos, the sign 'The Lodge' which on an engraved stone looks like its taken from an old house as the sign looks 100+ years old and made from different stone. The sign is built into the brick wall by the driveway. How on earth did it pass planning permission? I bet the old property that had used the same house name stone was very nice and in keeping too.

On Streetview, its not located in the right place. What you need to do is to rotate the image so a green and grey 'for sale' board is on your right by a grey stone cottage and the road sign is on the left and click on the road going up twice. You then see a mini roundabout and the plot where its built is by the greeny blue Rover car is.

Just had another look. Pic 19, is good example of why this property is going to have problems. There isn't much room around the 'tree holes' for the trees to grow.I have no idea how much trees of that age grow, but I reckon 25-40 years.

Because of this, some mortgage providers may not give a mortgage for this. Plus its price of £700k. It will be standing empty for some time.

If I had that sort of money to buy a property, this is much better. http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-24634686.html Though I would spend a good chunk of that £55k saving on doing up the kitchen and making it a country house kitchen. The current kitchen does not look right for the house. Kitchen will look great in newer properties.

Also putting a bathroom in on Bed 4, as the other bedrooms have en-suites and there is no family bathroom.
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Strapped wrote: »
    . I foresee issues with those oak trees in future.

I was about to crack acorn-y joke here, but decided to phytopthora the urge. :D

Diseases permitting, I think the oaks will probably be there long after those who might shell out for the pods have become pea'd off with the whole concept. :cool:
  • moneyistooshorttomention
    Options
    Davesnave wrote: »
    I was about to crack acorn-y joke here, but decided to phytopthora the urge. :D

Diseases permitting, I think the oaks will probably be there long after those who might shell out for the pods have become pea'd off with the whole concept. :cool:

Now you wouldn't be making any suggestions now would you Dave?;):rotfl:
  • vodkashot
    Options
    http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-27312696.html?premiumA=true

I love the headline from the estate agent and picture 2 is quite splendid!
  • SnooksNJ
    SnooksNJ Posts: 829 Forumite
    Options
    http://www.rightmove.co.uk/new-homes-for-sale/property-38740388.html

My parents and I were staying nearby earlier this week and drove past this ugly thing. Its not in keeping with the surrounding properties (see pics 5 and 20). Also this isn't on any of the photos, the sign 'The Lodge' which on an engraved stone looks like its taken from an old house as the sign looks 100+ years old and made from different stone. The sign is built into the brick wall by the driveway. How on earth did it pass planning permission? I bet the old property that had used the same house name stone was very nice and in keeping too.

On Streetview, its not located in the right place. What you need to do is to rotate the image so a green and grey 'for sale' board is on your right by a grey stone cottage and the road sign is on the left and click on the road going up twice. You then see a mini roundabout and the plot where its built is by the greeny blue Rover car is.
    I would be !!!!ed if I had to see that monstrosity everyday.
  • phoebe1989seb
    Options
    vodkashot wrote: »
    http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-27312696.html?premiumA=true

I love the headline from the estate agent and picture 2 is quite splendid!

If they think that's not for the faint hearted, goodness only knows what they'd have made of our current abode :D That looks like a walk in a very leafy, attractive park by comparison, lol :rotfl: I only wish the historic EA details were still available online ;)
    Mortgage-free for fourteen years!

Over £40,000 mis-sold PPI reclaimed
  • RichardD1970
    Options
    Talk about misrepresentation!

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/new-homes-for-sale/property-40024297.html

The old church and big house in pictures 2 and 3 are at least a mile away.

In the street view, if you travel west for a few hundred yards, the apartments have been built on the site of the pub "The Chester Arms" on the right just by the busy junction and next door to Farmfoods.
  • SternMusik
    Options
    SnooksNJ wrote: »
    I would be !!!!ed if I had to see that monstrosity everyday.

I love it! Cool stuff.
  • chickaroonee
    chickaroonee Posts: 14,678 Forumite
    Options
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business