The Happiness Fund.

Options

Comments

• savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    We broke up for hols this evening. Hurrah. I help the boys move house tomorrow so I am glad to have an early night.

Jobs for holiday:
    Marking
    Planning
    Fleabay my silver jewellery
    Tidy all carboot stuff into a pile in store cupboard.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Mind_Game
    Mind_Game Posts: 32 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Tesco have opened a current account for me over the phone. I don't need to open on at my bank. Yay. :beer:

Congratulations!
    Broke.
    Current goal: Back in four figures by May.
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    Hello Ms Mindgame many thanks for posting and welcome. Bless ya.

(Am up as blood sugars a bit low, having an apple and going back to sleepy poos).:o
  • savingwannabe
    edited 30 March 2016 at 7:15PM
    Options
    I have been helping the boys move house and have been working on this for 4 days solid. Their cooker hasn't been connected yet so we had to eat out. That has cost me just over £84, eating out is v expensive but we had to eat hot food or we would have frozen in this pouring rain. And I tried so hard to save money this month no overpayment of my mortgage in March now. lol. It was dry for a while this morning and I managed to wash and dry some clothes.

Now it is raining again. So many trees have fallen down in the New Forest and here close to me as well. Glad I am safe at home now. I think the weather is supposed to improve now so things are on the up.

The plants that I ordered and have been tending to in the kitchen have started to flower which is great. So far I haven't managed to put anything on fleabay as I can't transfer phone pictures to my computer. lol. I might ask my nieces to help me they are coming on Thursday. :j

My plan is to start marking tomorrow. Fingers crossed.
  • savingwannabe
    edited 30 March 2016 at 8:07PM
    Options
    I had visitors all day and I felt a bit lazy too so no work done. I have taken pictures of my silver necklaces for fleabay and will list them during the week.

Weather was rather lovely till the evening when it rained just as I bought my washing in. I haven't spent any money today so I am happy.

I did try to open a current account with my current provider (ie and have two current accounts) but they turned me down. Tesco have allowed me to though and I will keep this for the 3% interest.

Just joined Swagbucks. One day I will be rich.lol.
  • savingwannabe
    edited 31 March 2016 at 12:23PM
    Options
    It's the best day. Payday. I am waiting to put a small overpayment into mortgage fund.

Day of marking today.

Mrs Upsidedown Bear, anyone do you know how to recommend anyone for a certificate or something from Martin Lewis? or Fermi or someone? Badger09 has just given me fab financial advice on the banking forum. They are marvellous.

OMG I just applied. I don't know if I will be successful as I have applied for other current accounts in the last few days. Euwwww. Pray.
  • BritishBibliophile
    Options
    You sound like you've had a busy few days savingwannabe! Enjoy the time off work, hope you don't have too much marking left to do!
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    Good morning, BB. Hope you are well.

It is payday. Best day of the month. I made an overpayment of £100 on mortgage :j and have put £300 in kitchen fund. :D

Marking awaits but I am having a laugh whilst I do it. :rotfl:
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    OMG

It only took a few hours. Today M&S told me I have got the account. They are sending me some paperwork in the post. Hurrah for MSE.:beer::j:money::beer::j:money::beer::j:money::D:D:D:D:D:D

I will mark exam papers quite happily now. Ok, maybe after a bag of sweets:rotfl:
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    I would like to nominate Badger09 for a post of the month due to help given to me with bank account advice. Here is the link:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=70423502&posted=1#post70423502
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure