Great Cheap 'Games Console Package' Hunt

Options

Comments

• Discount_diva_5
    Options
    I bought a nintendo DS lite (pink) with nintendogs for £109.99 from Gamestation. However, I traded in my daughter's old console, couple of games etc and got the package for £74.
    The moral is: keep all the old stuff; it gets you money off the new stuff!
  • skingly
    Options
    Pardon my ignorance (I'm new to the forum) but what does OOS mean?
  • marmalizer
    Options
    skingly wrote:
    Pardon my ignorance (I'm new to the forum) but what does OOS mean?

It means "Out of Stock"
  • HalleluiahMan
    Options
    Only slightly off-topic, but relevant to earlier comments ...

Rather than trading games back in to GameStation and such like, you should get much more by selling on eBay. Don't sell it all as a package though; Split it up into individual games, plus the console, accessories, etc. I've managed to sell some used games for only marginally less than the original price.

You should find that cartridges, e.g. GameBoy, still hold a good price, even if they're years old. PlayStation and PC games on the other hand are near worthless even just a few months after initial release (due to the simple process of disk copying).
  • njb286
    njb286 Posts: 39 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    All this talk of Gamestation, Amazon, et al, please remember to try your local independant retailer, if you have one of course.

Although sometimes not the cheapest they will have a wealth of knowledge and the good ones will only sell you what you need and not talk you into a 'bundle' with a load of cheap accessories that you don't really want.

Some of the multiples are tasked on selling a particular product, which may not be the games you particularly want.

Its not all about price you know, sometimes it pays to get a decent bit of customer service ;)

I admit I am a bit biased because my husband just happens to run one but it is a valid point I feel nonetheless!
    Mother, wife, ex-teacher, ex-mortgage advisor, support worker, full-time woman!!

Competition wins 2021
    £100 Amazon vouchers
    iPad
    Pink lady apple tree in an orchard in France
    Tea for two and pottery session
    Paralympic Homecoming Party - Wembley Arena

• djhworld
    djhworld Posts: 221 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Remember that the Wii is backwards compatible with Gamecube games, and seeing as most GC games nowadays go for around £10, it's a great chance to stock up on a few greats.
    Can I afford to buy? Mortgage Affordability Calculator

https://caniaffordtobuy.co.uk/
  • Boggybill
    Options
    Does anyone know of any good deals on PS2 bundles? My son's PS2 is getting slow and noisy and I don't want to wait for the PS3 as it's likely to remain too expensive for too long, when it (eventually) is released.

My daughter is keen on a Nintendogs package (on normal DS not the light one). I know I should really buy them something more outdoorsy, but they haven't outgrown last year's mountain bikes or the previous year's trampoline yet!
  • HalleluiahMan
    Options
    Boggybill wrote:
    Does anyone know of any good deals on PS2 bundles? My son's PS2 is getting slow and noisy and I don't want to wait for the PS3 as it's likely to remain too expensive for too long, when it (eventually) is released.

I'm a big fan of eBay (buying and selling).
    If you're happy to take a used console, try Empire Video Games' eBay shop. £40 for a console, plus £15 for next day delivery. No point in buying a new one when it'll cost you around £100 and, as you say, the PS3 will arrive soon ... but not as soon as the Wii. (It can't arrive soon enough.)
  • rolpaula
    rolpaula Posts: 10,199 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    http://www.cex.co.uk/

These are a great site for second hand goods:j

ie PSP starter pack unboxed £108

They also buy almost any gaming/dvd/computing/electronics/mobile phones product as well:j
    and

Buy from us online from November 7th

===============================

defimg.gif From November 7th you will be able to buy and sell your stuff online. So if your favourite item is not at your local store or you simply can’t be bothered to leave your house, why not buy it from us on the web.
    All deliveries are completely free of charge.

What is CeX?
    Founded in 1992, CeX will have over 30 stores in the UK by the end 2006, with exciting expansion plans for 2007. CeX buy sell and exchange a focused yet complimentary range of products that include video games, DVDs, mobile phones, computers and digital electronics.

The CeX Concept - Buy/Sell/Exchange
    Our business model is based on buying and selling from the same source, our customers. To succeed in such a business and overcome stock shortages or stock surpluses, we aim to achieve two optimal positions on all our products:
    1. An optimal selling price which is competitive by comparison to buying the same product new. A price at which the product will sell.
    2. An optimal purchase price, which the consumers are willing to supply the product.
    We constantly look at product demand and supply curves and change our prices using the experience and sophisticated tools we have developed over the last 15 years.
    :whistle:Make Hay While The Sun Shines:think:
  • Hazel837
    Options
    Cheap games can be bought from Play asia. Some are sold region free and can be bought from Play asia for around £22, better than near on £50 from some places. Not sure how much the consoles are or if they would be compatible for use here but still a good place for games. link below

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-14-71-bn-49-en.html
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport