I've just made £81.68 on my eBay auctions that finished tonight :j

We can eat next week... Yay!
  • *zippy*
    *zippy* Posts: 2,979 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    :j
    I won £100 on my premium bonds :j

My grandparents used to buy me a £1 premium bond for birthdays and christmas, both have now passed away and i've had them for 30 years it was a lovely surprise this morning rather than the usual bills :D
  • Chortle_2
    Chortle_2 Posts: 403 Forumite
    Options
    Had some more good news this morning :D

I was recently fined by the Inland Revenue for being late with a corporation tax return for my (now dormant) company. I duly paid up the £100, and filed the return about a week later.

On Saturday, a cheque arrived, to refund the £100 fine! I was a little gobsmacked, as I'd assumed that the fine would be payable no matter what, after all, I was late! But I was certainly not going to complain...

Thing is though, it was made payable to the company, and I no longer have a business bank account to pay it into! Legally, the company is a seperate entity, and I would've assumed they could only pay out to the company, not the individual, iyswim. I figured the only way I was going to get my £100 back was to open a new account, just to pay the cheque into. As most banks charge for business bank accounts, I really didn't want to do this!

BUT... I called the IR this morning, and explained - hoping that they'd take pity on me, but not really expecting them to - and was told that "it happens more often than you'd think, send it back to us with a letter stating who you'd like it payable to instead, and we'll reissue it" - RESULT!

It's only £100, but I am soooooo happy (had been kicking myself for making such a stupidly expensive mistake & being late in the first place!)
    Highest Debt (Sept 04) -> £41,300 :(
    Debt Free - August 2006!! :D

• ab7167
    ab7167 Posts: 680 Forumite
    Options
    I've just realised that my professional institution fees are paid by my company for me - so I can claim £114 back from them! This will go towards paying off my credit card before the 0% ends in June.

Ali

The people who mind don't matter, and the people who matter don't mind
    Getting married 19th August 2011 to a lovely, lovely man :-)
  • newmoneysaver_2
    Options
    I have just re-jigged my car finance and moved it from black horse (at some extortionate interest rate, about 17/18%) and put in onto my barclaycard at 6.9% for life of balance. I can now pay this off in 2.5 years (instead of 3.5 years) if I pay the same amount I paid to black horse or 8 months if I pay off the 200 I usually save. It's funny- before I saw it a regular payment, just something I had to pay - now its on the cc it's a debt and I have to get it paid off asap. :j
  • tigerlily
    tigerlily Posts: 1,228 Forumite
    Options
    Several years ago I got some free penny shares off the internet. I only remembered I had them when, after my lightbulb moment, I was going through all my paperwork etc. This morning I sold my free shares for £322 which will help to pay off some of my debts.
    Debt free = December 2010...as of March 2006 it is now January 2010..... as of December 2008 it is now December 2009 :j hopefully sooner!!
    :jDEBT FREE:j January 2012, took longer but I got there, all by myself, through sheer hard work and pride!
  • moozie_2
    moozie_2 Posts: 3,063 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Got some good news to report today :D

Found a travel expenses form in my desk at work. I had completely forgotten about it - it was approved in January :o I am going to cash it in this afternoon :j

It's for £10.10 :j OK, not a great deal of money but I really do think every little helps and as I am on a £10 spending money this week, it's come in at the right time and for the right amount :rotfl:

Hope lots more good things happen to everyone ;)
    Leason learnt :beer:
  • scottishspendaholic
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I just wanted to share some good news with you.

My dad was selling my old laptop on eBay for me (after he'd had a tinker - he's in the field) and it went tonight for £180 (£80 more than expected)! This is going straight into my car insurance and breakdown, M.O.T., car servicing and repairs fund - this is one less headache to worry about and the fund is steadily growing.

Wish I had good news like that every day! Ha ha!

scottishspendaholic x
    MBNA = £4,000 / Next = £925 (approx. tbc on 19/8)
    Tesco = £2,910.11 / Smile overdraft = £500
    Bank of Scotland = £2,782.83
  • mom23
    mom23 Posts: 746 Forumite
    Options
    Good news is OH got a small payrise not much but every little helps!!

(Bad news is woke this morning to find bathroom sink well and truly blocked!! :eek: )
  • 110frankie
    110frankie Posts: 415 Forumite
    Options
    got my first cheque from Top Cash today (found Top Cash via this site) so that's going straight off the cc.
    Not a fortune but very nice when it's just for clicking, so money for nothing really.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure