Eversmart saying my deal isn't fixed.

Options

Comments

• JohnB47
    JohnB47 Posts: 2,544 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    WhoIsThat wrote: »
    Sorry, I obviously have failed to understand the issue here.

It's good that you have confirmed that you have not been inforned of a price increase because
    (a) it's a fixed rate tariff (at least according to the information I have)
    (b) I wasn't aware of any price increase either

The reason for asking again, was because I could not see any answer given previously to this question

:)

Sorry, I missed your question earlier.

Well, even if you feel that "it's a fixed rate tariff (at least according to the information I have)", that's not what Eversmart are claiming.
  • JohnB47
    Options
    I believe the OP is saying that:

"Price guaranteed until 20th August 2019"

Is being bought into question and the Eversmart is not going to honour this as FIXED PRICE!

Exactly. Am I the only one willing to actively pursue this with Eversmart and possibly later with the Ombudsman?
  • nxdmsandkaskdjaqd
    Options
    JohnB47 wrote: »
    Exactly. Am I the only one willing to actively pursue this with Eversmart and possibly later with the Ombudsman?
    I have emailed Eversmart. Awaiting reply.
  • Laurence_Harvey
    Options
    I have the same details on my welcome pack. To me we have a fixed price!!!

However, worried that they are going to renege on the contract.
    It appears(???) that Eversmart are trying to pull the same trick that those slimeballs at Economy Energy tried in September.
  • nxdmsandkaskdjaqd
    Options
    It appears(???) that Eversmart are trying to pull the same trick that those slimeballs at Economy Energy tried in September.

And how did that turn out?
  • Laurence_Harvey
    Options
    And how did that turn out?
    Sorry, but I can’t post a link yet (I’m too young! :D) but the thread was called “Economy Energy raising gas unit charge by 88%”

A quick forum search should find it,... and all will be revealed.
  • WhoIsThat
    WhoIsThat Posts: 234 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    JohnB47 wrote: »

Apologies to Hengus, but I think his reply to another, on a different topic, are just as appopriate here
    Hengus wrote: »
    You are clearly on a mission, so don’t let me stop you.

:cool:
  • niktheguru
    niktheguru Posts: 1,476 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I seem to remember when I looked up the "welcome home" tariff, on both the "cheap energy club" and eversmarts website there was a line saying it was a variable rate tariff.

Mind you, with the wording you have in the welcome letter (which I suspect is eversmart having made an error and sent you one of their fixed price tariff letters by accident, they arent the most thorough of companies!) I suspect you have a case for arguing that you should be treated like a fixed rate customer with that wording.

Saying that, if despite them saying it is variable, you can act with your feet and leave eversmart for someone else if you aren't happy. There is no exit fee, so act now rather than when prices may be higher. (Tho i dont think you'll find a better rate elsewhere)
  • JohnB47
    Options
    WhoIsThat wrote: »
    Apologies to Hengus, but I think his reply to another, on a different topic, are just as appopriate here

:cool:

On a mission? Nah, not really. Or perhaps topically I should say "Don't stop me now".
  • JohnB47
    Options
    niktheguru wrote: »
    I seem to remember when I looked up the "welcome home" tariff, on both the "cheap energy club" and eversmarts website there was a line saying it was a variable rate tariff.

Mind you, with the wording you have in the welcome letter (which I suspect is eversmart having made an error and sent you one of their fixed price tariff letters by accident, they arent the most thorough of companies!) I suspect you have a case for arguing that you should be treated like a fixed rate customer with that wording.

Saying that, if despite them saying it is variable, you can act with your feet and leave eversmart for someone else if you aren't happy. There is no exit fee, so act now rather than when prices may be higher. (Tho i dont think you'll find a better rate elsewhere)

Well, I've switched quite a few times over the years and I've only ever researched and gone for fixed price deals, so I remember it differently.

As for switching away from them, I can't even do that because they still haven't managed the switch of my electricity account from Octopus (Gas came over OK on 6th Sept). I was told by Eversmart on Thursday that it would definitely happen yesterday (this being the third attempt) but guess what - it didn't. So I'm stuck with them.

In any case, I presume all of the juicy fixed deals have gone now.

I'll keep plugging away with this.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport