PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

Options

Comments

• klew356
    klew356 Posts: 1,130 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Lunch today will be a BLT roll - have some lovely smoked back bacon from the butcher. Dinner tonight will be chicken in a creamy mushroom sauce, jersey royals, broccoli and green beans. Fruit salad and greek yogurt with honey and toasted nuts/seeds for pud.

Oh no, i want to ditch the mince i had planned for tonight and have your chicken dish instead haha :rotfl:
  • pipkin71
    pipkin71 Posts: 21,821 Forumite
    Options
    Chicken tikka is slow cooking for when my girls finish work. They can sort their own rice out, later. I'm having a portion of the vegetable curry I cooked earlier :)
    There is something delicious about writing the first words of a story. You never quite know where they'll take you - Beatrix Potter
  • hatful-of-hollow
    Options
    Tonight's dinner will be jacket potato filled with cheese, mushrooms, onions and home cooked ham, served with salad, hm coleslaw and hm curried rice salad.
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Roasted veg being done tonight (found an old Maggi packet in the cupboard, I'll use the seasoning for the veg and keep the roasting bag for something else) OH will have his with pasta and I'll have a Basa fillet.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• pipkin71
    pipkin71 Posts: 21,821 Forumite
    Options
    kerri_gt wrote: »
    Roasted veg being done tonight (found an old Maggi packet in the cupboard, I'll use the seasoning for the veg and keep the roasting bag for something else) OH will have his with pasta and I'll have a Basa fillet.

I have loads of empty bags as I often use the powder to season wedges :)
    There is something delicious about writing the first words of a story. You never quite know where they'll take you - Beatrix Potter
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Lunch today will be some more leek and potato soup as I've just made another batch to use up flowering leeks from the garden, supper this evening will be salmon steaks in the Foreman grill and I'll sprinkle them liberally with Za'attar seasoning before I cook then (it's delicious) and we'll have them with new potatoes, steamed broccoli, peas and green beans. Berries and Greek yoghurt for pudding and our usual cup of black coffee to finish.

House offer accepted here and an offer made on a delicious house in our chosen area, waiting to hear if it's accepted now!
  • C_J
    C_J Posts: 3,042 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Oh, many congrats Mrs LW! You must be very pleased and excited.

Busy day here with a later than normal finish, so we need a quick and easy supper. I'm planning to chuck some fish fillets which I've dusted with spices and panko breadcrumbs into the oven and serve with a few chips and maybe some mushy peas. Strawberries and cream for pud.
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,519 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    :j Lyn:j sounds fab, very exciting :j
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • Witless
    Witless Posts: 728 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    'twas the best of times ... 'twas the worst of times ...

Not technically a 'bad' day when weighed in the great balance, but certainly not the best I've ever had by a long chalk.

Allied to a bad attack of CBA it was time for comfort food ... without cooking.

Dinner was ... *hangs head in shame* ... 2 sausage roll sandwiches with the butter melted into the brown (HP of course) sauce.

Not a culinary masterpiece ... but just what I needed and certainly hit the spot!
    :)
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 15 May 2018 at 8:43PM
    Options
    Slow cooked spanish chicken with butterbeans
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income