NowTV land line and broadband

Options

Comments

• AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    nowtv take 45 days to put the refund in your account

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=6049776&highlight=nowtv
  • Scrounger
    Scrounger Posts: 1,007 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    foofightin wrote: »
    … finding a contact number to talk to them about billing issues is hard.
    I usually use: 0800 759 1213 :eek:

Scrounger
  • foofightin
    Options
    Thanks. I'm about 10 days over that so hopefully I can get in touch with them soon.
  • ToneP
    ToneP Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    I'm also considering moving to NOW on the same kind of deal as the original poster.
    My concern is that at the end of the sign up process the only option for monthly payments is by using a debit or credit card. They do not accept direct debits or standing orders.
    Essentially I would be granting them the ability to take whatever they want, whenever they want from these cards. If they do the job correctly it would be fine but the potential is there for a really major headache if they take too much or too frequently. Whilst I could then cancel it with my card provider trying to get it back from NOW may be interesting.

Any thoughts?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    ToneP wrote: »
    I'm also considering moving to NOW on the same kind of deal as the original poster.
    My concern is that at the end of the sign up process the only option for monthly payments is by using a debit or credit card. They do not accept direct debits or standing orders.
    Essentially I would be granting them the ability to take whatever they want, whenever they want from these cards. If they do the job correctly it would be fine but the potential is there for a really major headache if they take too much or too frequently. Whilst I could then cancel it with my card provider trying to get it back from NOW may be interesting.

Any thoughts?

Yes, you worry too much ;)
  • AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241 Forumite
    Options
    It is a little odd. And no DD cash back more importantly!!! From bank

I’ve not had any issues though.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    ToneP wrote: »

Any thoughts?
    This was what worried me about Now Broadband - less control than with a direct debit.
    Plusnet has been a real pain with no bills for months and then the bill was wrong so I would probably give Now Broadband a try next time as it can't be any worse than Plusnet.
  • couriervanman
    Options
    As Now Broadband is £25 or £30 a month could you load a prepaid credit card with the exact amount ie £300 or £360 for a years contract,and make it your payment card on the account
  • ToneP
    ToneP Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    "Yes, you worry too much"

Not worried but previous experiences with various utility suppliers has made me very wary of allowing them any kind of leeway in what they can do with my money. I've been billed for services they didn't provide, overcharged, charged multiple times for the same thing and been met with a wall of denial when trying to get it corrected. All sorted in the end but a lot of hassle.
    There's an interesting article on MSE about these continuing charge arrangements. One surprising thing is that charges can be made years later against an expired credit card unless you have specifically instructed your card provider payments to block that particular shop/supplier.
  • MataNui
    MataNui Posts: 1,075 Forumite
    Options
    Wouldnt recommend them.

I have been having problems with them for a couple of months now. When its working the speed is fine but it drops out totally several times a day for several mins at a time. Initially they said they had identified a fault and sent an engineer round but it made no difference. I still get the dropout.

Using the online service checker it either hangs till the issue resolves itself (then says everything is fine) or occasionally says fault and to phone. Of course by the time i get through to anyone its all working and they just say its looks fine.

The last conversation with them was interesting. Apparently according to them i have too many devices connected. I was told 8 devices on fab fibre is too many. It doesnt slow down or anything, its not a wifi issue, the hub simply disconnects from the internet. Its not as though its an issue with the hub (which is truly a piece of crap) because if i test by replacing it with my old sky hub its no different. So, according to them, if i pay them some more for an upgrade all my problems might go away.

Obviously i initially thought this was just carp but coincidentally i was the only one here at the weekend and had no problems at all. So either they are just lying because they cant be bothered trying to fix the issue or they are (despite insisting in all the sales stuff that they dont) operating a rather cynical traffic management policy to force users to upgrade (which is what the conversation with support seems to suggest is the case).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure