Top Bank Accounts Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• pj742
    pj742 Posts: 3 Newbie
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi all
    Any problem with paying in the required £1500 per month and a few days later transferring it out.
    Then repeating same each month.
    I want to max the 4% by putting £5000 in but being retired no longer have a new £1500 to put in every month. Hope that makes sense. Any help appreciated.
  • polymaff
    polymaff Posts: 3,904 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    pj742 wrote: »
    Hi all
    Any problem with paying in the required £1500 per month and a few days later transferring it out.
    I want to max the 4% by putting £5000 in but being retired no longer have a new £1500 to put in every month. Hope that makes sense. Any help appreciated.

My experience is that it only needs to be there for a few seconds. I process a load of accounts each month, including several Club Lloyds ones, in about 90 minutes. No need for any new money - or any money temporarily not earning interest. It's just a big game of musical chairs. :)
  • bigadaj
    bigadaj Posts: 11,531 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    pj742 wrote: »
    Hi all

No problem at all. If it's easier it can be done as three £500 transfers or any other combination, it doesn't have to be done as one sum, so long as the total of £1500 is contributed in that month.
  • Superscrooge
    Superscrooge Posts: 1,171 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Possibly an easier option if you intend to keep £5000 in the account, is to transfer £1,500 out of the account each month and then immediately transfer it back in again. No new money required.
  • dannylfc_1
    dannylfc_1 Posts: 46 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    So I got a letter to say from 1 Sept 2016 Bank Of Scotland Vantage accounts will now also require two direct debits every month to receive interest. Alongside the 1000 min. payment.
    This is not ideal for me! Will have to move out from the 3 I recently opened!
  • Steve_xx
    Steve_xx Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    dannylfc_1 wrote: »
    Will have to move out from the 3 I recently opened!
    Why is that so?
  • hbell86
    hbell86 Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Do you can a bad credit rating for switching your bank bank account often? I switched to clydesdale bank in April, and want to switch again to Coop. Just wondering how it might effect your credit rating?
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    hbell86 wrote: »
    Do you can a bad credit rating for switching your bank bank account often? I switched to clydesdale bank in April, and want to switch again to Coop. Just wondering how it might effect your credit rating?
    I'd imagine most people on here switching from one bank to the next chasing incentives are not switching their 'main', ie long time held, account. I'm certainly not.

As such, no damage is done to your credit file as you still retain a healthy 'time with bank' period.
  • Steven.Morris7
    Options
    Hi,

We are currently with LLoyds on their premier account (Joint). I pay £17.00 per month.

The benefits that come with the account include:
    • Mobile Phone Insurance (both iPhones £100 excess)
    • Worldwide Travel insurance (Family)
    • £300 interest free overdraft
    • AA Roadside Assistance with Home Start (both cars)

I don't have any duplicate policies for the services above and when i've compared insurance policies for 2 x iPhones, the £17.00 a month above seems good value. Especially with going into the interest free overdraft once a month.

We also get 6 free cinema tickets with club lloyds, but they are very rarely used.

I've seen the Natwest Reward Platinum account with is £18.00 per month and comes with the following benefits:
    • Worldwide travel insurance
    • Mobile Phone Insurance for up to 2 phones (£75.00 iPhone excess)
    • UK Car Breakdown Cover including Homecall
    • Two National Trust day family passes
    • tastecard membership
    • Overdraft - £250 interest free threshold

Then with the cashback for the bills I will get back £127.

It looks a no brainer to move to Natwest to receive the benefits I already use/have and get the cashback, but have i missed something?

Thanks in advance for any advice!
  • afzaal1988
    afzaal1988 Posts: 285 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi,

We are currently with LLoyds on their premier account (Joint). I pay £17.00 per month.

The benefits that come with the account include:
    • Mobile Phone Insurance (both iPhones £100 excess)
    • Worldwide Travel insurance (Family)
    • £300 interest free overdraft
    • AA Roadside Assistance with Home Start (both cars)

I don't have any duplicate policies for the services above and when i've compared insurance policies for 2 x iPhones, the £17.00 a month above seems good value. Especially with going into the interest free overdraft once a month.

We also get 6 free cinema tickets with club lloyds, but they are very rarely used.

I've seen the Natwest Reward Platinum account with is £18.00 per month and comes with the following benefits:
    • Worldwide travel insurance
    • Mobile Phone Insurance for up to 2 phones (£75.00 iPhone excess)
    • UK Car Breakdown Cover including Homecall
    • Two National Trust day family passes
    • tastecard membership
    • Overdraft - £250 interest free threshold

Then with the cashback for the bills I will get back £127.

It looks a no brainer to move to Natwest to receive the benefits I already use/have and get the cashback, but have i missed something?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Nationwide for £10 would provide:
    *UK & European Breakdown and Recovery Assistance including homestart.
    * £100 fee-free overdraft
    *Worldwide family mobile phone insurance (iphone excess £100,anyother £50)
    *Worldwide family travel insurance
    *Extended 12 months warranty on appliances
    *3% AER in-credit interest (balances upto £2500)
    *Commission-free cash withdrawals abroad(No Fees)
    *Identity theft and emergency card assistance
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure