I will knock you out ! BBCs Jeremy Vine films woman driver`s shocking road rage

Options
Riding in front of her car down a narrow street with cars either side, Jeremy`s middle of the road riding ( to avoid car doors opening ) gets the woman frothing with rage ending up with her pointing an imaginary gun against him.
Jeremy is leaving this case to the police to prosecute as he did earlier when he was knocked off his bike in 2014 and the driver was fined £3200 !
Is this how bad it is now in Central London ! just a few minutes at 12 mph will get Londoners losing it . 12mph is good going is nt it in London ?

Comments

• RichardD1970
    RichardD1970 Posts: 3,795 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 1 September 2016 at 9:54AM
    Options
    Whilst he was perfectly right in his riding and she wouldn't have had a safe opportunity to overtake regardless of his road position, personally I wouldn't have initiated a confrontation with her like that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnjvRkTrFMA

It's not like the driver is suddenly going to see the error of their ways as say "sorry mate I was being a !!!!".
  • giraffe69
    giraffe69 Posts: 3,558 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    At least the camera with number plate shown gives identity and evidence. Lets hope there is a substantial fine!
  • Hasbeen
    Hasbeen Posts: 4,404 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    giraffe69 wrote: »
    At least the camera with number plate shown gives identity and evidence. Lets hope there is a substantial fine!

Perhaps even more with the vehicle tax being two months out of date? Ran out 28th June 2016

Great new system!
    The world is not ruined by the wickedness of the wicked, but by the weakness of the good. Napoleon
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 1 September 2016 at 5:16PM
    Options
    Whilst he was perfectly right in his riding and she wouldn't have had a safe opportunity to overtake regardless of his road position, personally I wouldn't have initiated a confrontation with her like that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnjvRkTrFMA

It's not like the driver is suddenly going to see the error of their ways as say "sorry mate I was being a !!!!".

Wow ! not a cat in hells chance of her overtaking on that very narrow road, the idiot was only behind him for ten seconds when she started mouthing off and illegally blasting the horn. Please please judge give that awful moronic a really really big kick in the purse ! with a £500 quid fine.
    Well done Jeremy, I think I will have to buy forward and back helmet cam to get some fun like that going !
    This is an indication how the vendetta against cyclists has got out of control in London with an incident like that. She really believed in her part formed brain that cyclists should not be on the road holding her speeding up for a few seconds.
    People like Jeremy Clarkson and Katie Price who have helped fuel this attitude with constant anti cyclist comments should face fines and legal action in exactly the same way as the Muslim hate preachers have.
    Someone will be murdered on their bike before long. I have seen attempted murder of a cyclist, if anyone would like to see it have a look at "Reginald Scott " on Youtube vids. He was very lucky to get up and walk away from the murder attempt.
  • esuhl
    esuhl Posts: 9,409 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    People like that should be banned from driving. They obviously can't take the pressure.

The good thing is that more and more cyclists (and drivers) are using video evidence to secure convictions.
  • Kendall80
    Options
    It should be said that filming someone who is having a tantrum is unlikely to lower the tone of the confrontation.
  • yorkie2
    yorkie2 Posts: 1,595 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Kendall80 wrote: »
    It should be said that filming someone who is having a tantrum is unlikely to lower the tone of the confrontation.
    What a strange post! What are you trying to say?
  • Norman_Castle
    Options
    I saw this yesterday and thought she should be banned. Not because it involved a cyclist but because of her aggressive reaction to someone just because she couldn't do what she wanted. Its highly likely she would react to other road users in the same idiotic way.
  • Norman_Castle
    Options
    Hasbeen wrote: »
    Perhaps even more with the vehicle tax being two months out of date? Ran out 28th June 2016

Great new system!
    https://www.gov.uk/report-untaxed-vehicle :rotfl:
  • Kendall80 wrote: »

These little cameras on his helmet are quite unobtrusive, maybe she never saw them and we got the true reaction, awful though it was. On the other hand she may have seen them and she could nt give a monkeys what she sounded like. After all Jeremy had really upset her holding her up for 15 seconds !, I don t blame her for wanting to shoot him ! .
    I expected a couple of motoring apologists coming to her defence but it was that bad your comment is the nearest one so far to a defence of the poor dear.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure