Looking for the silver lining

Options

Comments

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,400 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello folks

No need to try to talk Mr SA out of scooter upgrade, he's already asked and he's tied to the Motability contract for 3 years so has to stick with it :) Brizzle he's always been like this although has got a lot worse since he got ill. If he did the finances we would be bankrupt by now! The scooter is now in for repair and he's got a courtesy scooter.

Re carers - he won't entertain the idea at the moment.

Yesterday got ready to take dog out, Mr SA couldn't find his scooter key. Spent 20 minutes looking for it, dog was barking and getting impatient, turned up in his dressing gown pocket. When we got back home he announced he couldn't find his wallet, said he'd put it in his coat pocket. Lots of searching and panicking later it turned up in his trouser pocket!!!'

Aside from that toner cartridge ran out on printer and my Fitbit has died :( Was going to treat myself to a new one from VSP at Christmas, might have to bring it forward, am lost without it.

Been to dentist today for temporary crown replacement fitting. Mouth still numb, can't drink properly. Going back in 3 weeks for permanent crown. Dentist is private but I've got Denplan so will only cost me lab fees. Dentist said pay on your next appointment fee is only £70 - ONLY!!!!

Went to gym at lunchtime for treadmill run, no classes today.

And last but not least today has been a NSD.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Only £70 :eek:.

Mr Lucky is exactly the same as Mr SA. Launches from wanting one thing to the next :mad:. He also loses things/forgets where he's put them ALL THE TIME!!!

Boo to fitbit, definitely get yourself another one, you deserve it Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Debsnewbudget
    Options
    When my fitbit died I went onto live chat and they could tell how long I had had it -15 months and the fact that t wasnt charging and offered to replace it free of charge
    4 days later new one arrived through the post
    Excellent customer service
    Might be worth going onto live chat with them
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,687 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Boo to fitbit, definitely get yourself another one, you deserve it Xx

Second that!
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Only £70 for the dentist fees :eek:
    Mummytogirls x

• Sun_Addict
    Options
    Fitbit is over 2 years old. Was going to replace it anyway for one that shows the time. Although might be worth going on live chat and see if they offer me anything off new one.

Mr SA had another fall today. He's still recovering from his last fall. His ribs are really hurting him and he's short of breath. He's getting fed up of the falls. He went to bed at 8pm tonight as he's exhausted.

Zumba yesterday and circuits today. Spent loads in Mr S yesterday on 25% off Tu. Got DD dressing gown and slippers for Xmas, Mr SA some slippers and 3 tops, trousers, scarf and gloves for me. By contrast today has been a NSD. Thankfully this week is the week all monies come in - Mr SA's PIP and ESA, DD's board, then I get paid Monday.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,463 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Poor Mr SA.
    I feel his pain.
    That is the problem with lots of falling :(
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    Thanks Beanie, I know it's the same for you xx

Forgot to add - can anyone recommend where to buy a good doll's house for DGD for Xmas? Preferably a ready assembled one.
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    Sue Ryder charity shops sell them - my friend bought one a couple of year's ago for her DGD and its lovely. They sell all the furniture too (I think they're all ready assembled). They also have an online shop that you can order from if you haven't got a shop near you.

Hope Mr SA is feeling better.
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    I pass a Sue Ryder shop every day so will have a look. Thanks for that SSG.

Well a very busy weekend - town yesterday at Mr SA's request, he needed a Primark visit for joggers and hoodie. I ended up with 2 pairs of boots - one £9 and the other £15 so very pleased. Also got some trainers to walk to work in for £12 in TK Maxx. Ended up buying new Fitbit from Argos got £10 off next order and went through TCB. So a VERY spendy weekend. Had been saving Lotto win from the other week to treat us to lunch out so we had a Mojito each (buy one get one free) plus food.

Mr SA still has bad back and painful ribs from his fall a couple of weeks ago so going to make him appointment with doctor, though doubt he'll be able to do anything. At least it registers his fall for future reference.

Been up since silly o clock today thanks to clocks going back, did menu plan for the week plus plan for November. I do love getting up early when I don't have to go to work though, it's a great feeling :)

Last day of being on my contract tomorrow then proper employee Tuesday :) Finally!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport