My Diary v3.0

Options

Comments

• natsplatnat
    natsplatnat Posts: 3,033 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I've worked out, I think, that it's possibly my shoulders are too wide! I have a couple of options should I find I need to alter the dress and not have to alter me!

I am wondering how you would alter your shoulders!??!!!
    start = Wed 19th Nov 2008 £21,225
    end = Mon 28th Sept 2015 DEBT FREE!
    I love a good plan - it may not work.... but I love a good plan!
  • kdalwayskint
    kdalwayskint Posts: 789 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    :rotfl: I'm hoping that by slimming a bit I will lose a few cm all over!

Failing that I can alter the dess by:
    *Altering the shoulders in the dress, which I will try first
    *Let it out a bit under the armpit, which may help if I do the shoulders too
    *If the first two options don't work I will remove the section, changing the dress from a scoop neckline to a sweetheart neckline.

Fingers crossed losing a little weight and the first option will work as I really like it how it is.

I'm still off work at the moment :( over the years I've been able to buildup my rent account so that I have a couple of months already paid for, I contacted the council yesterday to double check my balance and advise that I will be holding my next payment and they were fine with that as it is so far in advance, yay me for that forward thinking :T
    new challenge?
    £1 a day for Christmas 2024 £100.60 / £366 ~
    Got married 24/05/19 ~ Credit Card
    DFW Nerd #1155 ~
    LBM 25/2/09 ~ Debt at highest £8,037.35 ~ £0
  • natsplatnat
    Options
    Hey KD! Sorry to hear you are still suffering. Fingers-crossed it eases soon!

I have just been reading through your wedding thread! Just a thought on your shoes... have you looked at Ruby Shoes? They are beautiful like Irregular Choice but not as expensive (and tend to have decent width heels)!!!

I am currently hunting for shoes and a bag to do with the dress I have bought for my brothers wedding in 3 weeks! EEK!
  • kdalwayskint
    Options
    Hey! Yes I have looked at Ruby, I love them! I prefer them to Irregular if I'm honest. I have seen a pair of Ruby's that I may go for if not it will be Jo Brown similar style to Ruby but white, pink and blue they are called Isabella.

I know that Jo and Ruby do matching shoes and bags, hope you find some :) let me know which ones when you do x
    new challenge?
    DFW Nerd #1155 ~
  • natsplatnat
    Options
    Hi KD! I have just looked at those Joe Brown shoes - they are lurrvley!

I need shoes that have at least a 4.5" heel as my dress is a bit longer than I was hoping for and being a chiffon overlay I don't want to start altering it! Oh and my shoes and bag need to be either a taupe or dusky pink colour to bring out some of the colours in my dress! Not set myself much of a challenge have I?? lol. OH suggested I went dark green to match the most miniscule fleck in my dress.... how about NO!! ;)
    Hope your back is starting to ease and you have a great (and MSE) bank holiday weekend! x
  • natsplatnat
    Options
    Hi All!

Well I survived 2 whole days of decorating over the bank holiday weekend. Just! DSS's bedroom is now transformed, just waiting for a new mattress to arrive and he is done.
    I have decided that I am not doing any more decorating. I will quite happily pay someone a fair price to do our landing, stairs and hallway. Life is just too short and as long as the price is reasonable it will be worth it for my sanity.
    Great news on the handbag and shoe front. All ordered - one of my favourite sites had an extra 30% off so they are ordered and should arrive early next week (which leaves me time to shop again if they are not quite right.... but the shoes are lovely so I may just keep them anyway... there is no such thing as too many pairs of shoes.. right?)
    Had a total meltdown at home last night with DSS and OH. I had left the house at 07:30 and got home at 19:15 (after another horrendous day at work) and I had the recycling to put out, the washing up to put away and more to wash up, the post to pick up off the mat by the front door, open the lounge curtains, feed the cats, change the litter tray and put a load of washing on... before even thinking about dinner! DSS had been home from college since around 4pm and OH had decided to pop to the pub for a 'de-stressing' pint on his way home, so he got home later than me. Now I do not think it unreasonable to expect a 16yo to do stuff round the house - to be fair, on the days he doesn't go to college the washing up / recycling etc does get done... but why shouldn't he do it on a college day? OH had asked if I wanted to join him at the pub, but 1) I wont drink n drive at all, and 2) there is stuff that needs to be done at home... so I declined. DSS appeared from his room around 8pm and asked what was for dinner (Grrr), decided he couldn't wait to have what we were having (which was going to be later than planned due to all the stuff I had to do before doing dinner). I then had to talk him through cooking his own tuna pasta (for about the 20th time). All I wanted to do was sit and pay the CC, order my shoes and handbag, eat dinner and go to bed. DSS then decides (having eaten his dinner) he would like 1 of our sausages and a couple of our chips. He wasn't impressed when I pointed out that this was our dinner and he had made the decision to eat something different so I really couldn't see why he should expect any our the food I had cooked for OH and I! Anyway, it all escalated into full blown tears on my part and a full on rant about how I seem to be the only one who (especially yesterday) had done anything at all for the good of the household and yes, I would have loved to have gone for a 'de-stressing' drink too, because yes, I had a carp day too, but all the stuff that I did when I got in would then have been done even later etc, etc, etc.
    It will be interesting to see what happens today! It is virtually unheard of for me to lose my temper / end up in tears so maybe this will have shocked them a little. We'll see.

Not much planned for the weekend, need to sort a shirt for OH to wear to the wedding in 2 weeks.... might just send him off on his own for that and have some quiet time to myself! lol

Oh, I have booked to have my nails done for the wedding too. Usually paint them myself, but thought b*gger it, I am going to treat myself. My nails are naturally long and strong so although I was hankering after funky acrylics, they said there is no point in cutting my nails off to add false ones. I can see their logic, so its just a gel polish for me.
    I have also booked my hair appointment - just need to dye my hair before hand at home. I am hopefully going to look wonderful! lol

Right, it's Friday and as I really don't want to be working late tonight I suppose I should do some work!

Have a great weekend all. xxx
  • natsplatnat
    Options
    Dear diary.... I have been spendy! EEK!

I ordered my shoes and a bag for the wedding. Shoes are gorg-e-ous… bag is hideous. Decided I actually preferred my shoes to the dress, so yesterday I returned my dress and the bag (colour was vastly different to that shown online - on multiple sites). That left me with just shoes to wear to my brothers wedding... not a good look on anyone, let alone me! lol. So.… I ordered a new dress. And it wasn't cheap! I actually felt a bit sick at the thought of paying for it. It is due to turn up today. If I don't think it is worth the money or it just doesn't work for me, it will be returned tomorrow. I went through a whole 'justification' processes for buying it... getting 20% cashback helped; I also only spent £18 on a dress for a wedding last year!!! It's all about balance right? Saying that, I am still torn between wanting it to be perfectly gorgeous so I keep it, and it being not right and happy to return it. Keeping it would save me the stress of having to find another one this weekend! oh, and need the dress before I get my nails done. I have a bit of a coordination thing! If I keep the dress I need to find a bag! It feels never-ending! lol

Life at home is all calm now, and things around the house are getting done, which is nice. It is amazing how much un-stressed I am when I feel everyone is chipping in!

Have decided to buy my brother and SIL a voucher for the wedding present. I can order it online and have it sent to me by email. I am going to do this next week as it will then fall into the following months CC bill. I know it all has to be paid for, but if I can spread purchases out a bit I feel better.

OH still needs a shirt - we can work on that this weekend.

We are away tomorrow night, just for the night. Friends of ours have rented a cottage about half an hour away for the week and we are joining them for their last night. Just need some drinks as they are cooking, so a low spend!

Looking ahead for the rest of the year... vague plans look like this...
    June - sort new shed for garden; includes sorting through and getting rid of old shed. I am house-sitting for a week too. We have a family members 70th birthday party to attend and there's fathers day too.
    July - holiday. There is money in the holiday fund to cover a chunk of this. Been trying to convince OH that as we are taking DSS with us, we could just do a cheeky week and then we can have a week away on our own later in the year! Work in progress but we do need to get it booked soon.
    August - We still 'owe' ourselves the weekend away we agreed on for our birthdays (back in Feb and March). Need to keep an eye on hotel prices and then get this booked in. I think the car insurances are due this month.
    September - We have another wedding to go to (won't be stressing about what to wear for this one; very informal and no-one there will have seen any dress I own, so one will be coming out the wardrobe for that!!) My brothers 30th birthday is this month = present and family meal out.
    October - ?
    November - ?
    December - OH car MOT + Christmas.

And there's the year gone! And a load of money! lol Surveys will be completed and everything bought as cost effectively as possible with cashback wherever appropriate!

Ok, so that is me up to date. I hope everyone is well and life is treating you pretty fairly! Nats x
  • kdalwayskint
    Options
    Hi Nats

How did you get on with the dress?

I'm still off work at the moment, finally got an appointment through to get checked out at the hospital but not until 5th June.

Money is going to be tight the next couple of months so I'll have to get my mse head on!

Did you watch Harry and Meghan?

Catch you soon x
    new challenge?
    DFW Nerd #1155 ~
  • kdalwayskint
    Options
    Hey Nats, not heard from you for a while, I hope all is well my lovely x
    new challenge?
    DFW Nerd #1155 ~
  • natsplatnat
    Options
    Hi KD!

Sorry I've been MIA! Everything here is good. Dress was lovely... have just paid that off this months CC statement. At least I had the refund from the first dress to put toward it!!

I did watch the Royal wedding - thought it was lovely. Did you get any ideas for yours? How's the shoulder-reduction coming along?

Nothing else to report... still no holiday booked - its all getting a bit stressful!! lol

Catch you all later xxx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback