My Diary v3.0

Options

Comments

• natsplatnat
    natsplatnat Posts: 3,033 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Ahhhh - I hate sorting insurances...just filling out the same details over and over and over again (for those not on comparison sites and then checking those that are)!!

The upshot is I think OH will go for his renewal (which is even cheaper with a couple of tiny tweaks) with no cashback and I will change provider (because I am not with who I thought) and although around £25 more expensive than my renewal there is currently £100 cashback up for grabs! Not back as long as it tracks and pays out!

Feel like all I've done this month is pay out money! Oh well! I suppose it is like that some months.
    start = Wed 19th Nov 2008 £21,225
    end = Mon 28th Sept 2015 DEBT FREE!
    I love a good plan - it may not work.... but I love a good plan!
  • natsplatnat
    Options
    Ok, so today is already :mad:....

The car insurance cash back offer that had 4 days validity has been withdrawn early - just gonna suck that one up. I was going to buy it last night but got in late from circuits and by the time I showered and ate I just didn't have the energy. Lesson learned there! The new value is £60, so still not too bad but £100 would obviously have been better!

Secondly, I have been thinking about my workplace pension thing and thought I would check what I pay monthly with a view of increasing my contributions (I am very aware I need to play catch up with regards to my pension). So I looked at my last payslip... and the amounts deducted from my monthly salary just don't seem right!
    There is a compulsory contribution (increased from 1 to 3% in April), then my voluntary contribution and then the employer contribution. Out of the 3 figures, only my voluntary deduction is the correct amount!!! There is NO logical reason for this, so our FD and MD are now investigating. On top of that I have looked back through to Dec 2017 (when our payslips became electronic) and the figures have never been right! I have one physical payslip on me (always carry one in my diary for some reason) from May 2017 and that is about right (although still not exactly what I would have thought but we are talking pence rather than pounds... or even £10's from my most recent payslip). I can't believe the figures are wrong .... and I also can't believe that I haven't noticed before!! I also wonder if it is just me or other employees too?

What's the 3rd thing of the day is going to be... can't wait! :o
  • natsplatnat
    Options
    Panic over!!

I wouldn't say I was being a right numpty.... but not far from it! Pension contributions all explained and I am happy with their response! Phew!

Was going to start a LISA - but crunching the figures, I think I would be better adding the potential funds for that into my workplace pension.... will do some more figures and decide over the next few days!
  • kdalwayskint
    Options
    Phew indeed! We had some issues with ours when they first set them up a couple of years ago, I check mine a little more than I used to! I'm going to add extra to mine as well, just need to work out how much.
    new challenge?
    £1 a day for Christmas 2024 £100.60 / £366 ~
    Got married 24/05/19 ~ Credit Card
    DFW Nerd #1155 ~
    LBM 25/2/09 ~ Debt at highest £8,037.35 ~ £0
  • kdalwayskint
    Options
    How was your weekend Nats?

We have done some weddingy bits.

We've also had a bit of a clear out, we've got new windows being put in tomorrow, we've moved furniture and cleared the windows. Not looking forward to it!

I've sorted through a lot of sewing magazines and I've been listing them and sold a few already. Got a few books that I don't want but I don't know if charity shops are taking books here, if not I'll try to put them on the free sites around here.

Catch you soon Nats x
    new challenge?
    DFW Nerd #1155 ~
  • natsplatnat
    Options
    Hi KD!!

Weekend was good thank you - yours sounds great (apart from the headache!), your wedding bits are definitely coming along!!

I was at work Sat, then popped to my mums (they were out); went home, got changed and went to our friends, then out for a few beers … or ciders in my case!

Yesterday was a bit of a lazy day, but did manage to make it to the new N3xt store that has opened around 10 miles away and bought a pair of skinny black jeans and a shirt. Good job I had vouchers (which is why I went)….. £75!!! For 2 items!! :eek: Really not a fan of the store generally, but needed smarter bits.

Did some food shopping on the way home from there, then pottered, ate dinner, watched TV and headed back to bed!

Been mulling over the pension / LISA options - Think I will increase my pension contribution....next year. Want to make sure all my 'pots' are in tip top order first (they may have taken a bit of a hit with holiday etc! eek). Was talking the options over with OH at the weekend and he was "oh, don't stress about it too much; there'll be some inheritance; you have to live - can't leave yourself short now just so you are rich later!" Love him - I doubt I will be 'rich' in my retirement, but I would definitely like to be comfortable! Oh, and not have to rely on anyone else financially.

Ah, I also decided that as my mobile contract is up I am going to go sim only next month. Nothing wrong with my phone and I can get more data, minutes etc for around half the cost of my current plan. That should be £10 a month / £120 a year saved! I think OH will go sim only too. That should save him around £30 a month / £360 a year!

Right, need to do some work! Eyes down! x
  • kdalwayskint
    Options
    I don't like the new window in the front room :(

I had a sim only deal last year, my phone was fine but towards the end it was starting to show it's age, I'd had it for 3 years and it was getting slower and slower, also some apps began to not be supported or available to my phone. Definitely worth it to save money though.

I'm going to get myself sorted financially before I add extra to my pension fund, I'm planning on getting rid of my credit card before we get married and then I'll be saving for my next car too, thinking that will be a purchase in a couple of years.
    new challenge?
    DFW Nerd #1155 ~
  • natsplatnat
    Options
    I don't like the new window in the front room :(

Oh! Why not? I'm just thinking a window is a window! ?

Good point about mobiles getting old - think we should get 1 year out of each of our existing! Hopefully then we can either buy a new one each, or if packages have reduced go back on contract!
  • kdalwayskint
    Options
    Ah so annoying, I just typed a post and accidentally closed the page and lost it :mad:

We're council tennants so we didn't get a say in what the new windows would be like, we expected like for like, but the front room and 3 x bedroom windows have changed style. That's not the worst bit, the installation is awful, H2B has taken loads of photos and emailed the window company and the council. We're waiting to hear back from them now.:(

I've sold a few of my sewing magazines and with the money I have bought some new makeup, primarily for the wedding, I love No 7 and used the link in the mse email today, buying mascara and eye liner to get a free makeup pallet (it's got everything else for a full face of makeup) and a No 7 nail strengthener I used a code and got £5 off when you buy 3 No 7 products! Decided to have it delivered, total paid by me, £1.08 :j

With regards to mobile phone, that's exactly what I've done :)

Take care Nats, catch you soon x
    new challenge?
    DFW Nerd #1155 ~
  • natsplatnat
    Options
    KD - Yes, shoddy installation would annoy me too! There is just no need for it. I hope the pics H2B took will make a good case for getting the work improved!
    Good going on the makeup front - a total bargain me thinks!

Nothing much happening here money wise at this time of month. However, just to keep me on my toes, I received an email this morning to say that my car insurance has re-newed!! The very same policy that I cancelled online last week! Great! Have spoken to the insurer who was very apologetic and has cancelled the renewal and my money will be on its way back to me! Good job they took it from same account as last year which has a little (enough) spare money in it to cover the cost. Bah!
    Still aching from the Shred class on Monday and I have circuits tonight! That's gonna hurt! lol

See KD - great (MSE) minds think alike on mobile phones!

Have a great day everyone.... is summer coming back??
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback