MSE News: TSB customers STILL unable to use online banking after weekend upgrade

Options

Comments

• robatwork
    robatwork Posts: 7,092 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I could get in for the last few days. However I just tried - using the login link from the TSB homepage. I could enter credentials but then get the same error as above

tsb.png

Their problems aren't yet fixed
  • Fingerbobs
    Fingerbobs Posts: 1,640 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    robatwork wrote: »
    I could get in for the last few days. However I just tried - using the login link from the TSB homepage. I could enter credentials but then get the same error as above

tsb.png

Their problems aren't yet fixed
    Same for me, and the iPhone app just shows a blank screen after successful login.
  • Uxb
    Uxb Posts: 1,340 Forumite
    Options
    Is it just me wondering why the regulator or government aren!!!8217;t getting involved in this fiasco.

Oh I expect the Band of England, HMG and the FCA are heavily involved and were probably involved in getting IBM at one day's notice in over the heads of the Spanish owners to supposedly to 'fix it'.
    However the very last thing they would want by any announcement is to give any impression that the viability of TSB as a functioning bank is being monitored closely.
    They would be worried not to precipitate a N.Rock style bank run which was precipitated by N.Rock seeking BofE Liquidity support - and anyone who could properly took that as a sign collapse was imminent and withdrew their wonga pronto.
  • ctdctd
    ctdctd Posts: 1,080 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    I've been able to log in a couple of times.
    Today, I could see the transactions in my Current Account, but when I tried the Monthly Saver I got:-
    "Session could not be found in Context Manager"

Clicking on the link to go back to the account list gives me:-
    "We are sorry. An error appears trying to load the resume of your account. Please try again."

Nearly a week after the "upgrade" - not good enough. :(
    Do Money Saving sites make you buy more bargains - and spend more money?
  • Be_Happy
    Be_Happy Posts: 1,391 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I am able to log in now and see accounts.

Only thing I can't do is view statements on Credit Card, although I can scroll back through transactions on 'recent transactions'.
  • nbinblack
    nbinblack Posts: 110 Forumite
    Options
    Be careful not to get caught out by possible scam emails, I have just had one and the link it wants clicking isn't the new link starter.
  • veryintrigued
    veryintrigued Posts: 3,843 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Uxb wrote: »
    Oh I expect the Band of England......are heavily involved

God I hope not.

All they can 'play' is 'The Great Escape' but I guess that might be quite apt!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_England_Band
  • fabsaver
    fabsaver Posts: 1,275 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Complete waste of time and effort trying to do anything :(

Today when trying to log in I was presented with:
    We are sorry. An error appears trying to load the resume of your account. Please try again.
    Eventually got in after numerous attempts. Tried to make a payment, entered password and got:
    You've either not entered enough characters or you've entered too many
    Tried again to a different payee and got:
    Session could not be found in Context Manager
    Clicked to go back to my accounts and was thrown out completely with the following message:
    The server is temporarily unavailable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later

No TSB I am not going to waste any more of my time trying again later.
  • Mchambers
    Mchambers Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    Options
    fabsaver wrote: »
    No TSB I am not going to waste any more of my time trying again later.

Complain via email and ask for compensation Reckon TSB will give default compensation for anyone that complains.
  • nic_c
    nic_c Posts: 2,928 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    There seems to be a capacity problem with people trying to log on all the time, but my wage went in a DD's are going out. I can log in, sometimes a bit of patience is needed but I get in. For those struggling are you sure you are no longer using the old online.tsb url, have you cleared your cache and tried using a different browser? Tried a different time of the day?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure