PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

2017 - No Clutter To Be Seen

Options

Comments

• KitKatMum2
    KitKatMum2 Posts: 120 Forumite
    Options
    949. Bowl - smashed. Not on purpose, I'm not that desperate to declutter :rotfl:
    950. Bubble bath
    951. Bath salts
    952. Skirt - sold
    953. -964. Baby/Kids clothes
    965. Dress
    967. Comforter
    968-973. Toys
    974-975. Candles

I also was given a bag of handed down clothes today for my daughter. Some were far too small, so they have gone straight into the charity shop bag, rather than me leaving them hanging around for ages. I've not counted them on the list as they were only really in the house for five min before I decided to get rid.
  • gemmajenkins0208
    gemmajenkins0208 Posts: 530 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 4 June 2017 at 10:48AM
    Options
    As expected, toner finished and empty bottle binned.

I have got a large shopping bag and placed some things in there to take to charity shop in the morning before I go to work - a pair of shoes my dad no longer wants as he can't drive in them, a pair of boots I bought my bf but they are too small(lost receipt and it's gone past the return time now anyway), my outfit from the wedding I went to back in April consisting of a full length black dress and a pink blazer/jacket, a box with the first fascinator in I ordered that was the wrong colour and the second fascinator I ordered that was right and I want to put some more things in but every time I pick it up to have a look I end up telling myself "I might wear/use it one day" and then it goes back :rotfl:

Oh, also, half of the things I am getting rid of I did have listed on the selling sites but no one was interested so I took them off again :(
  • beautiful_ravens
    Options
    To the tip today -
    half working strimmer, gave up trying to use it
    semi working lawnmower
    metal/rubble/batteries/fabric/camp stove/wood
    various shed and garden tat
    milk and OJ cartons

Had a dream a few nights ago that I dicovered a room or attic in my house which was FULL of more clutter and junk that Id fogotten I had, and I was so upset that I had so much more stuff to get rid of - it really was a bad dream!!
    ''A moment's thinking is an hour in words.'' -Thomas Hood
  • gemmajenkins0208
    Options
    Threw away a couple more bits of small tat rubbishy things just now.

Applied foot cream this morning and it's going down quite quickly but then it's only a small tube.

Serum also feeling even lighter again so hoping for that to be used up sooner rather than later! :o
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    A_Frayed_Knot Posts: 3,296 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Came on here for some more inspiration.

Not - got rid - but exchanged - microwave (Brother wanted s/s one)

s/s bin - to brothers (brand new - just too big for me)

some blackout lining used up - to line brand new roller blinds that you could spit pea through ! ! !

and that's it for now - Oh 7 parcels posted, thanks ebay.
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
    Now a Part Timer from 27.10.19
  • KitKatMum2
    KitKatMum2 Posts: 120 Forumite
    Options
    Not much from me today...

976. Candle - used up
    977. Lint roller - had two. so got rid of this one as I finished it today

Sorted a pile of baby clothes this morning too to go, but I've not noted down how many there are. I'll check that tonight once kids in bed and add to the list. Also found a bottle of perfume which is almost used, so have been using that up over the last few days.

Next stop is the cleaning cupboard - I do stockpile cleaning products when I find them on offer but it's a little out of hand now and I seem to have about 20 half bottles of all-purpose cleaner to use up!
  • somerandom
    somerandom Posts: 920 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    somerandom wrote: »
    511 & 2. 2 x notebooks transcribed & recycled
    513 camisole top - cs

514 - old sofa - collected by council
    515 - misc. tat from DIY box
    516 - OOD coconut oil
    Shifting my energy for 2020 :heart::heart::heart:
  • gemmajenkins0208
    Options
    I have the tiniest bottle of perfume ever, which I have been using since maybe the end of april? It was when I acquired all the Avon stuff, and even with 4 squirts of it 2 times a day 5 days a week ever since then, I could show to each and every one of you and you would all think I only bought it over the weekend :mad:

Literally, it is the worlds most long lasting perfume! I have 5 other different perfumes I need to use up yet before I can buy anything new! :rotfl:
  • Fiasco55
    Fiasco55 Posts: 1,347 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    723-724. Bags sold online
    725. Vase sold online
    726-729. Books sold online
    730. Wind chimes sold online
    731. Blu ray sold online
    732-741. Bars of soap sold online
    742. Bfs miniature painting stuff sent home with him lol
    743. Purse to cs
    No buying toiletries Graduated May 2017
    Decluttered 2016 2469 items, 2017 1580 items :j
    2018 3060 items
    Sealed Pot Challenge No 038
  • gemmajenkins0208
    Options
    I'm going to stay at a friends tomorrow after work for drinks and I have scoped out an old top and an old pair of lounge trousers/joggers that are past their best to use to wear in the evening/to bed then on my way home I'll just throw them away in a bin somewhere :o

I need to take my overnight things with me as I'm going straight from work and my friend lives in the city and I will already have my backpack with my purse, my bits and bobs bag, my work pencil bag and then all my overnight things will need to go in too, plus my uniform will need to go in after I've got changed, then I need an outfit as I have things to do in the city before heading home on the bus to another appointment in the town where I live!

I have also decided I'm going to wear a not quite right cheapy pair of jeans and cheap, past their best pair of flats to work tomorrow so that I can get rid of those things too along with my old lounge things I would have worn the night before.

It's going to be a mad weekend :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport