* I wish it could be Christmas every day * - It's the 2017 Christmas Chatter Thread

Options

Comments

• kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Happy Birthday Murie

Flipping shattered today, been a busy week but productive.

Families eh? Funny things aren't they.

Few trees down this way from Doris and the odd fence (ours thankfully ok though was doing a good ole shake - we had two of the panels re-positioned last year not long after we moved in and the posts are now concreted in so I don't think it's going very far anytime soon ( I hope). We did pop round to DM today as she had a panel come down (70yrs young and had tried to lift it back herself...argh!) between me and OH (mainly OH) we got it wedged back into place so it's back up - does need nailing back in place but I don't think it's going anywhere tonight.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• vulpix
    vulpix Posts: 2,312 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    happy Birthday Muriexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx sorry can't chat Vx
     :
  • murie
    murie Posts: 1,251 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Thank you all for the birthday wishes - I had a great day.
    lovin' this site!
    :j
  • vulpix
    Options
    Hi,sorry about the brief birthday wishes Murie,I hope you were spoiled.

phew.My Mum phoned in the night on Thurs/Fri.Long story short she is in hospital.I am back again shortly to see what has happened at her assessment.I will then have to go to her house and empty huge pieces of furniture to be able to move them as the layout she has got at the moment is unworkable.The ambulance men had a right job to get her out.She isnt at hoarding level but it is very cluttered.She will have a walking frame when she comes home.

My secret news is I am teaching a young woman English.She is lovely and very keen.I enjoyed it a lot.This could be something I could do.I left real work in a school because I didnt have the stamina for a full week of classroom cut and thrust.An hour one to one occasionally is perfect!

Vx
     :
  • freespirit66
    Options
    :bdaycake:HAPPY BIRTHDAY JJ :bdaycake:

PEPPAPIG i hope everything went well with your appointments yesterday and you got some answers. Yes we had a lot of trees down in the woods round here too, its amazing what wind can move or knock over, well i panicked so much yesterday that last night and this morning i can hardly move my neck and have a thumping headache so stupid because NDN actually fixed the fence panel and i didnt have to speak to them either :rotfl:its not i dont like them i just dont like talking to people!!

DOMRAVIOLI i hope you have a fab time today with your neice, and that you start feeling a bit better very soon, is there no other support you could try?

VULPIX i hope your DM gets better very soon and you have her living room better arranged for her. That is a lovely thing to do, teach english, i hope you are successful in your new venture

#103 1p Saving Challenge Back to Front 293.94/665.95Currently Reading: Christmas at Cedarwood Lodge - Rebecca Raisin Debt Free thanks to MSE
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Happy Birthday JJ, hope you're still dropping by when you can.

Story to hear about your mum VULPIX - good job you're a dab hand at decluttering. Great news about your job though, it sounds like it was made for you.

FREE so glad your fence is sorted you little worrier, hope you can chill today and feel better very soon.

Didn't find out anything when I saw the hepatologist but he did say it's probably nothing to worry about. Had bloods done again,this time for a full liver function test and I'm waiting for an appointment for an ultrasound. I see the hepatologist again in a few months and hopefully by then he'll have something more concrete to tell me.

DH and I have booked a couple of days away in the Cotswolds for our anniversary in June - I'm not putting life on hold any more :)
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • 3forholidays
    Options
    Happy birthday JJ! Hoping that you have a nice day. :)

Free Glad to read that the neighbours fixed the fence.

Vulpix Sorry to read of your mothers admission to hospital. Hope that she isn't in long.

Peppapig Great to see that you have organised a little break away. :) Life is too short.
    A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot, and realise how blessed you are.

SPC No 043
    SPC 10 - £520 : SPC 11 - £975 : SPC 12 - £845 : SPC 13 - £700
  • vulpix
    Options
    just passin...

Happy Birthday JJ,hope you are keeping well.

vx
     :
  • crazy-cat-lady_2
    Options
    Having a read back and catch up. Very behind. I need to read the forums more and behave. I've been on a bit of a spending spree and really, really can't. Have to calm down. I have no will power :( I started off the year so well..lots of cards and presents and bits and pieces dirt cheap, away in the cupboard for Christmas and throuoght the year. Now, all the money I've saved I've blown on things that, though I do want, I don't need. I do a lot of crafting so bought quite a lot of crafting supplies. And I bought a sewing machine. Only a fairly cheap one as things go, but still shouldn't have.
    Maternity pay will be running out soon and we have decided I will be staying home with the baby. So I REALLY need to be good and slap my hands if I go near eBay and Amazon from now on.
    I thankfully do have money left and I'm not panicking yet but really am kicking myself. Nothing I can do now but try to be good.

Sorry. Just needed a bit of a moan at myself. Time to get back to budgeting and being strict again.
    Please tell me I'm not the only who who has stupid splurges that are later regretted.

PS. Happy birthday Murie. Hope you had a good one.
    Book a week challenge: 11/52. Competitions won in 2021: 12
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    CRAZYCATLADY you're def not the only one. My worst time is late evening when I'm not tired enough to go to bed and I'm on the internet (especially Facebook selling groups) or occasionally watching QVC. I sometimes think anyone could sell me anything just before bedtime.:D
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport