Apple muncher's number crunching

Options

Comments

• hiddenshadow
    hiddenshadow Posts: 2,525 Forumite
    Options
    Interesting - did not know you could get gnocchi on prescription! My GP doesn't really understand how it all works, though, so even when I request specific thing that are on the allowed list he generally prescribes me something else anyway.
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,710 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Interesting - did not know you could get gnocchi on prescription! My GP doesn't really understand how it all works, though, so even when I request specific thing that are on the allowed list he generally prescribes me something else anyway.

How frustrating! I use the list I got off the coeliac.co.uk website.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • hiddenshadow
    Options
    How frustrating! I use the list I got off the coeliac.co.uk website.

Me too, just haven't looked at it recently as I haven't changed my prescriptions in about a year. Last time I did it took about 3 weeks to get the new prescription and various thing I'd requested were swapped for different ones (when I asked at my appointment the GP said "he would look into what's allowed", even though I gave him items - including prescription codes - off the list).

Maybe I'll try bringing the physical list in next time rather than just writing down the item IDs. :)
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Last day of the hols.

-washing :D
    -inventory of freezer :D
    -ironing, incl bunny hats :D
    -marking?
    -return library books? :D
    -put tree outsie
    -take down window lights :D
    -put ALL dried washing away :D
    -get milk :D
    -workout?
    -make Jack's soda bread

Not bad - we returned 14 library books and took out just 6 more - I rationed dd as I am the one who carries them, and we had the aldee visit to do too.

When I took the window lights down - only at about 4pm, mind - I saw just how filthy the nets and fleece blankets that line the curtains are. So down they came too and went in to the washing machine. And came out almost as mucky as they went in - our 30* wash cycle was obviously not going to be good enough! The nets are now soaking in the bath with the dregs of our tub of van1sh, and dh has said that he will look at getting us a new washer. :j

I didn't make soda bread, but did make some oaty biscuits to take to work tomorrow (training day, so we all take in some food to share - I always take in my own lunch too, as experience has taught me that there may be nothing I can eat there), some blueberry muffins (fail, but still just about edible), AGCJ/bootstring carrotty soup, and a first attempt at potato scones. Soup and half the scones now consumed :D. Dh dared to ask at the end where the meat was! Turned out he'd had chicken for lunch, so I feel no guilt!

Found more dh-food (ie meat, fish) in the freezer than I'd expected - it was lurking in other drawers - and put it in the 'right' place.

No marking - but that has been the story of the holiday thus far, so why spoil it? Will have to do it tomorrow day time...

I managed to cut my finger instead of the onion yesterday, so have not been able to do any crafting - it is surprisingly frustrating!

Today did not morph into day 3 of no sugar and no grains, due to quality control of the biscuits and muffins. And my belly is bloated up already. You'd think I'd learn!!!!!
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Me too, just haven't looked at it recently as I haven't changed my prescriptions in about a year. Last time I did it took about 3 weeks to get the new prescription and various thing I'd requested were swapped for different ones (when I asked at my appointment the GP said "he would look into what's allowed", even though I gave him items - including prescription codes - off the list).

Maybe I'll try bringing the physical list in next time rather than just writing down the item IDs. :)

Yep, the time lag is an issue! That's why when I get it wrong for dd, we can spend so much just on bridging the bread gap. I've also discovered that it's the officey people who input the details from the list... I'm at the point where I know what we order regularly and can just use the repeat part. And my chemist is pretty good.

Overall, we are blessed with a lovely doc (who let me put anything I wanted on the list for the first year, as we settled in to finding out what would become 'normal for us') and a good chemist who rings us when the stuff has arrived.

I agree about taking in the list - and highlight what you want, write your full name and NHS number on the top, all nicely stapled together! Good luck!
  • hiddenshadow
    Options
    Bread is the one thing we're not short of! I only get 2 loaves on my prescription but 9 times out of 10 the chemist phones up and says "well, we ordered them and they come in a box of 6 [or 12]. do you want all of them, otherwise we'll just throw the extra away". So we have a chest freezer in the garage that's 80% frozen g/f bread. ;)
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    We get 2x the bread, so 12 loaves at a time. therefore, ensuring we have enough freezer space is vital! And we only have 2 and a half drawers to play with! 6 loaves in each of the full drawers leaves a little space for other bits, but it can be a squish! Our garage is 100 yards away, no power supply, so no extra freezer for us. Hence important timing issues!
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Ugh. Awake, breakfasted and coffeed. Dd is munching away and Chirp is on the telly having adventures.

Am thankful that today is a training day and that the older ones are doing their mocks for a few days. Dd goes straight into a full day, poor mite.

Must get my steps done today...
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Pathetic steps. But epic workout. 15 mins = 75 sumo jacks with touchdown, 120 crab kicks, 40 divebombers, 40 prisoner get up with jump. Fun!

Day at work was ok. And managed to leave bang on time and get home for dd. Got tomorrow all planned - let's see if it pans out that way... And I was right to take my own lunch as, from a table full of 'food', the only thing I could eat was leerdammer cheese. Nor could I eat any of the refreshments available with drinks. It was as expected. But it was good to catch up with people.

No money moved to mortgage or savings (where I am going to send the s t r e t c h monies), but no money spent either. Good stuff.
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Dh's eye is worrying him today as it is watering an awful lot. He is back at the hospital in 2 days' time, so should hopefully get an answer.

And he rejected my hm potato scone for tea - cheeky blighter! - in favour of his hm chips. Which he made, so that was okay! So I shall take his subtle message to heart, and use the 'scones' for my next few lunches.

another grain and sugar free day. Really need to fit into a few more clothes without fearing for the lifespan of the seams...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback