PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one (Mark Three)

Options

Comments

• Wednesday2000
    Options
    I've had toast with vegan cream cheese and a few grapes. Bottle of kombucha and sparkling water to drink.

After my haircut I'm going to go out and buy black olives for my mini cheese and cherry tomato pizzas that I'm making tonight. Two pizzas for today and two for tomorrow.

I'm going to have some steamed veggies, gherkins and kimchi with them. Bit of a weird combo but hopefully it was taste okay.:D

I have a mini blackcurrant cheesecake thing in the fridge that will be eaten later as well.:EasterBun
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've had toast with vegan cream cheese and a few grapes. Bottle of kombucha and sparkling water to drink.

After my haircut I'm going to go out and buy black olives for my mini cheese and cherry tomato pizzas that I'm making tonight. Two pizzas for today and two for tomorrow.

I'm going to have some steamed veggies, gherkins and kimchi with them. Bit of a weird combo but hopefully it was taste okay.:D

I have a mini blackcurrant cheesecake thing in the fridge that will be eaten later as well.:EasterBun

That all sounds fab :p I'm having an ALDI goats cheese n spinach pizza , n salad :D
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    candygirl wrote: »
    That all sounds fab :p I'm having an ALDI goats cheese n spinach pizza , n salad :D

I bet I would have liked that when I still ate dairy.:p

I used to love halloumi cheese and also brie.
  • Living_proof
    Living_proof Posts: 1,921 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I am on a 10 day Green Smoothie diet to kick-start some better eating habits. Today's menu included a lot of blueberries so I knew the result would be a reddish colour, so I added some of the fermented red cabbage I made a couple of months ago. It was delicious and I could taste it through the spinach, peach, berries and grapes in the recipe. I think I will try red cabbage and apple next, only to eat in a more conventional way!
    Solar Suntellite 250 x16 4kW Afore 3600TL dual 2KW E 2KW W no shade, DN15 March 14
    [SIZE Givenergy 9.5 battery added July 23
    [/SIZE]
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,225 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Busy day today, volunteering & committee meeting, hence late checking in

Yesterday's dinner was complete rubbish, two fried egg sarnies, followed by a bowl of muesli:o Just never fancied doing much

Today is not looking a lot better, cheese salad sarnie for lunch, and dinner is looking like corned beef & beetroot sarnie, maybe muesli later?

Into L's this morning, bought offer XXL salmon pack plus "baby" spuds. The intention was salmon, spuds broccoli etc. Failed again. CBA to do it

Brambling, now you've jogged me into updating my freezer list, only a tad outdated but I'll need to catch up quick before my new freezer is a frosty mystery just like my other freezer

Caron, you cleaning fridge out, I thought for one minute it was going to become a you bum sticking out & stuck in 'fridge saga:D
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Farway wrote: »
    Busy day today, volunteering & committee meeting, hence late checking in

Yesterday's dinner was complete rubbish, two fried egg sarnies, followed by a bowl of muesli:o Just never fancied doing much

Today is not looking a lot better, cheese salad sarnie for lunch, and dinner is looking like corned beef & beetroot sarnie, maybe muesli later?

Into L's this morning, bought offer XXL salmon pack plus "baby" spuds. The intention was salmon, spuds broccoli etc. Failed again. CBA to do it

Brambling, now you've jogged me into updating my freezer list, only a tad outdated but I'll need to catch up quick before my new freezer is a frosty mystery just like my other freezer

Caron, you cleaning fridge out, I thought for one minute it was going to become a you bum sticking out & stuck in 'fridge saga:D

Yum at the cheese salad sarnie. It's one of my faves :D
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,129 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 11 January 2019 at 9:56PM
    Options
    Farway wrote: »

I still have freezer envy Farway :D it's probably just as well I can't work out where to put a second one as I would have two full ones :cool: I'm expecting some surprises tomorrow :eek: I need to do the same to my larder cupboard but doing both at once would require gin and I'm also working tomorrow from home so maybe not :rotfl:

I woke up feeling very grumpy today, I did apologise in advance when I got to work and at one stage it was suggested I should eat my breakfast to boast my blood sugar levels I think it was an 'age thing' being a lady of a certain age but I didn't admit that and I don't think anyone had the nerve to suggest it :o I didn't growl too much at my colleagues it was muttering at everything else and an empty biscuit tin :cool:

Lunch wasn't the cake, biscuits and chocolate I wanted but HM veg soup from the freezer with some crackers. Dinner was a lazy meal of HM chips from the airfryer, chipotle Quorn goujons (posh nuggets :D) and sweetcorn. And I'm off to finish setting up the phones

Caronc hope you have a good evening

:wave: Living Proof is your smoothie diet just smoothies for 10 days?
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • Living_proof
    Options
    Brambling wrote: »
    :wave: Living Proof is your smoothie diet just smoothies for 10 days?

The 10 day one is to kick-start your weight loss and get you used to the system. After that you go on to two smoothies and one light meal per day within certain boundaries of course. It's by an American lady called JJ Smith and she has had great success with her followers, mainly quite large African American ladies. It works for me, but the weight crept back on when I became Vegan/whole food plant based. Crikey, it makes me sound like some sort of weirdo!
    Solar Suntellite 250 x16 4kW Afore 3600TL dual 2KW E 2KW W no shade, DN15 March 14
    [SIZE Givenergy 9.5 battery added July 23
    [/SIZE]
  • SunnyGirl
    SunnyGirl Posts: 2,639 Forumite
    Options
    Brambling Hope you're feeling more like yourself now?

I've had a total cba day today and haven't been able to settle to anything. I've brought myself up to bed with a cookery book to soothe me :rotfl:

Didn't eat anything until 4pm then made the frittata that I was meant to be having yesterday but ended up with a takeaway at 9pm instead :eek: Not a good advert for CFO at the moment.

Onwards and upwards though and hopefully I'll wake full of the joys of spring tomorrow.

:D
  • Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,129 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I'm feeling more myself thanks SunnyGirl it helped walking out of the office door at 5 :D and a G&T when I got home :rotfl: January blahs kicking in as well I think. It sounds like you're also a little out of sorts today? I understand the cookery book therapy :)

I'm not sure that I could follow the smoothie diet Living Proof I like eating and cooking too much I worry I would drink the smoothies and then still raid the cupboards :cool: I'm just plodding away trying to lose the last of the Christmas gain :silenced: before getting back on track to fit into the clothes currently hiding under the bed :o
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback