Add your feedback on energy supplier Npower

Options

Comments

• teflon
    teflon Posts: 41 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    teflon wrote: »
    I signed up with nPower online back in October. It's taken over four months (and having to register a complaint) to get a contract out of them, and despite a rather large saving on the next cheapest supplier, I've decided I can't be bothered dealing with them if they're going to be this incompetent. I'm currently on hold (20 minutes so far) to cancel the switch and go with EbiCo instead. Sod the cashback, my time's worth more than that.

Just to follow up on my own post - a couple of days after telling npower that I didn't wish to go ahead with the contract, they sent me a letter. It read:
    Dear Mr Teflon

Yours Sincerely
    Julie Jaglowski
    Customer Services Director
    If that doesn't demonstrate their competence, I don't know what does.
  • silvasands
    Options
    I tried to switch via Topcashback site.I wanted to switch my house to NPower`s dual fuel , tied in until Jan 2014 and my son`s for the same. Initially they made an error and tried to switch my neighbour`s supply. This was at the end of October 2012. Not going to go through all the phonecalls(waiting times of 20 +minutes)and emails ,calls from my previous supplier, Swalec asking me not to leave, but, it`s now Feb 11th 2013 and the only fuel I have recieved from NPower is my electricity! My gas...no, my son`s house is still with swalec. This is after my having raised a complaint and having been promised a resolution. There have been numerous times when I have phoned and been told that the computers have been down and they cannot access my account. As I work in a secure establishment, I have no phone access during the daytime and am fed up using my weekends/night times attempting to access N Power. Not happy at all...The Co-operative took my other son`s supply on, the same day as I tried to switch...they were excellent and he had absolutely NO problems. BEWARE...I am still not with them, months after I signed up!!
  • frankie24
    Options
    My friend has asked me to look into their nPower electircity bill as they have tried contacting them and had no luck.

Basically they pay for their electric on a key - from their bills I can see they are putting at LEAST £40 on the key A WEEK. First of all I cannot see this being right as my mother only needs to put £40 on a month and she lives in a much larger house than my friends who are currently living on a caravan site. On their last bill they received their total electricity charges for 3 months was a total of £1099.27, even if this was the winter period - this seems extortionate!!

They rung NPower for them to be very unhelpful and say the bill was correct, this cannot be correct surely? I have looked at the kWh they have been using (printed on their bill) and this shows that in the period of Oct 12 - Jan 13 they used a total of 7394kWh - which was £14.04 per kWh....now I am only trying to help out some friends - I am not an expert at all but I saw on a forum that the total kWh a household uses annually is only between 3500-4000kWh.

Is there anything that my friends can do to have this looked at as nPower have refused to help them.

I hope someone could give me some advice on this as my friends are very much worried they aren't going to be able to continue paying these prices.

Best wishes

Frankie
  • antw23uk
    antw23uk Posts: 510 Forumite
    Options
    Awful, will NEVER use again.
    Ant. :cool:
  • wannabeasupersaver
    Options
    I received a massive bill from Npower in December due my account not being updated with any readings for a year even though I was regularly submitting them. Got that all sorted and a new direct debit set up. Been to check my account and even though they took the money last month as agreed they have not taken it this month so I guess another phone call to them tomorrow is required. :-(
  • Nada666
    Nada666 Posts: 5,004 Forumite
    Options
    frankie24 wrote: »
    My friend has asked me to look into their nPower electircity bill as they have tried contacting them and had no luck.
    [...]
    (You should probably start your own thread for this, but...)

If it includes heating and cooking then £40 per week is perfectly feasible ('buildings' on caravan sites tend to have thin walls). The 3,500 to 4,000 kWh average is not for those using electricity only.

And I do hope you mean £0.1404 per kWh and not £14:eek:
  • Mercy
    Mercy Posts: 1,733 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've been with npower for a few years after switching from the nightmare which was British Gas.

I have had problems with access on the website but went on tonight and added new readings, checked bills etc without a problem except that it was a very slow process.

Also, they are still offering the cheapest deal for me as The Cheap Energy Club has shown. I have not had to contact CS so am blissfully unaware from personal experience of issues there.

They did once threaten the Magistrates but this was to check the safety of the meter and was easily arranged for a Saturday morning.

All in all, still a breath of fresh air compared to *shudder* BG.
    low carb recipe list - link on page 1 low carb support thread
    You don't have any control over what life throws at you.
    You DO have control over how you react :)
  • carefullycautious
    Options
    I have also been with them for some time and have never had any problems.

I use their online site to input meter readings and also pay bills. There written bills are easy to understand and if I have had a query the customer service have been courteous and helpful

Maybe different areas have different staff some more helpful than others.

We read our meters regularly and pay monthly so no problems occur.
  • techno12
    techno12 Posts: 720 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 14 March 2013 at 9:06AM
    Options
    Been with them for 10 years and no problems at all.

Online service is good (easy to send meter readings etc) and clearly laid out.

They've sent me free energy-saving lightbulbs, electricity usage meter etc.

When the cheap 'online' tariff ends and they're about to put me back on the 'standard' tariff I do a price comparison search and they normally come out cheapest (or very close to it), so I've no reason to switch to another supplier - I just switch to that new tariff (receiving Quidco cashback if I do the switch using a comparison site).

Very happy with them.
  • shelley_crow
    shelley_crow Posts: 1,644 Forumite
    edited 14 March 2013 at 9:35AM
    Options
    N Power- utterly dire!

The house we moved into had a prepayment meter fitted. We made sure that we always had credit and didn't go into the emergency. We were putting around £60 a month on, even though it seemed like we weren't using enough to warrant that amount.

Everything ticked along fine until a bill for £300 landed on the dormant. I rang to question what this bill was for due to having a prepayment meter (else's in the title!)

Apparently, during the time we had been using the meter, the price had increased several times. N power neglected to send anyone out to adjust the meter, so we were paying the cheaper rate.

I refused to pay at first, it was a few days before our first Christmas together and we didn't have to farthing to rub together. Ultimately, they demanded payment, even though it was their incompetence that caused the error on the meter.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure