“Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.”

Options

Comments

• WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    This week my aims are

Organised mornings - sometimes we try to get so much done it ends up quite stressful :o

Eat better - Get back into slimming world - I feel if I follow I can maintain my weight without losing/gaining.

Sort the kitchen cupboards to make it work better.

Buy a kettle! It's needed I don't know why I keep putting it off!

Buy a photo frame for a photo that means a lot to me :A

Visit Sister at least once.

Visit Mum at least once. (These get me out the house and it's free!)

Buy girls School shoes.

Plan something 'to do' for the weekend.
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,286 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Glad your sister is helping out, also good the smalls dad is doing his bit xx
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Think Sister only visited as was her birthday :o I'd already posted her cards off though :rotfl: We had a good chat though and decided we do need to make more of an effort to see each other more.

Their Dad has helped quite a bit while youngest been unwell. He doesn't do much but it's a set of eyes other than my own to watch her numbers. So at least I can do the things I need rather than having to sit and watch. She seems to be improving though so he shouldn't be needed as much. He's booked Monday morning off so he can do the first school run back then neighbour is going to do the other school runs until she's well enough to come on the school run.

Although him being around more means more food and coffee gets used :rotfl:
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    No reason for you to get harsh replies. It is the best solution all round. The bed is a success so I hope it sorts the situation for your youngest out. The bedroom will be done before long knowing how fast you decorate.
  • Little_Two
    Options
    Good plan! You are doing so well. Glad that a decision is made that is best for all your family..:rotfl:
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Have a lovely day Wannabe xx
  • warby68
    warby68 Posts: 3,021 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You have to treat the working you have done as a success not a failure.

You have proved you can hold down a job, are valued where you work and can overcome a number of your own issues to get there. You are perfectly capable of earning a living.

The ONLY thing stopping you working is the very serious health issues of a tiny girl for whom you are mum/advocate/carer in chief.

There is absolutely nothing wrong in accepting the priority of that over the work.

What do those who criticize actually expect you to do with her? Is there some level of denial about how unwell she is? Mum certainly seems to know it as IIRC she won't look after her alone.

I'm truly sorry you can't work as its obviously very good for your wellbeing but unless someone is keeping quiet about some miracle care options, you are up against it. If there is a way to do some shifts or cover work without messing up benefits too much, I'd look at that option, purely because its good for YOU.

Just keep going - I'm glad you're relaxing your budget for some home improvements and the odd treat. There is nothing extravagant in your choices, beds and economical decorating. No need to wear your hair shirt for ever and nice surroundings and home as a haven are very good for your wellbeing as well.

I get the feeling that you still have some fairly big personal issues to deal with that you see as faults and stop you from taking credit for the good stuff but believe me, well cared for children trumps an awful lot and always will.

I don't post often but do follow along x
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Hope you have a good weekend Wannabe. Glad the bed has arrived and you like it :).
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • charlies_tribe
    Options
    Have a lovely day today. I think you should come and do my decorating! I bought all the stuff but have no motivation whatsoever.
    LBM in April 17 - £14998/£33554 (44.6%) paid. Mortgage@1 June 18 = £9935/£76350 paid.Total debt @june 18 £102311 now £84972GC Jan £40.99/£500 2021 declutter 85/2021 items 0/20 bags clothes
  • earthgirl
    earthgirl Posts: 3,762 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Just catching up. You have made the best decision for you and I would also disregard any negative comments from others. Nothing more important than health. The things you achieve are amazing.
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure