PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 26th February 2018

Options
1141516171820»

Comments

• Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,780 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    WUALTD (I can't remember if that's right or not, lol)
    Emptied DW
    Did WM x 2 and TD x 1; put away the aired, dried stuff and ironed the next lot, so that's airing off.

I have stuff to list on ebay later.
    Oh and I am back at work tomorrow!
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • atypicalblonde
    atypicalblonde Posts: 3,057 Forumite
    Options
    My WM is working again :j so that and the DW are currently on.

Decided at 8.30am I was bored and no way was this silly snow disrupting my day again, so by 9am I was at the tip!

Have also been to Aldi, visited grandma, tidied the kitchen and straightened the garage a bit.

As I did the food shopping today (usually do it Monday but really want to get ahead of myself) I can report a £30.51 spend in Aldi - that will be all our food for the week.

Going to take the dog on her second walk shortly :)
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,747 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    You are busy! I don't know about atypiclablonde. Sounding like an atypical human :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,912 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Dog walk done and I've decluttered some TV recordings. Waiting for the call to go visit DD.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,894 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Pleased it went well Roundtuit. I dont really want anyone else doing housework because they dont do it to my standards but then I get annoyed when no-one helps. Where is the sense in that?).

That's me to a T as well YL. Good luck with getting back to the cycle club. I seem to remember that you enjoyed it last time?

Have a hug, roundtuit. I don't think any of us would be here if we lived in perfection. I get so embarassed about the state of our house, that I tell people who don't know that we are mid-renovations. We've been here 12 years (so I really have to stop trying to kid myself and others now) and I can honestly say that only our bedroom doesn't look like a pit. And that is probably only on the day that it's on the Flylady list.

So today has been a day of flingage, with a new CS bag started and paperwork getting a serious turn out. I did have some finances to sort, but DH is joined at the hip to the laptop, so I'll wait for another day. I think we are all back to school / work tomorrow, so normality may be able to return. Apart from the fact that the builder will be back, but that's a good thing. DH is huffing and puffing at the laptop - I think I'll make us all a cuppa and shut him up!
  • roundtuit
    roundtuit Posts: 4,021 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 4 March 2018 at 4:29PM
    Options
    WUDUPA turned in to WUALTD, and breakfast didn't happen - but had a coffee with DS's dad. Everything else on Round 1 is done.

I've had a couple of hours with Mum and Dad, walked home and unloaded WM / done another laundry shuffle.

DS informed me he was going to the pub - I reminded him that my car is out of action. Oh - he'd not thought it through ... so I guess he was planning on asking for a lift then :D

I've not seen Mrs Blackbird with a droopy wing for a few days :( She was waiting for me on Wednesday morning even though I went out early, and she came right up to feed and chuck 'thank you' to me. Mr Robin has moved in - I hope he hasn't bullied her away. Would he do that? I hope she made it through the Beast :(.

I'll dry the pots later - got some athletics to watch first ;)

Rxx

ETA thank you for the hug Fayolle xx
    IT ONLY TAKES SMALL DAILY ACTIONS
    FOR MAGIC TO HAPPEN
    Rosemary Ikpeme
    :D
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,999 Forumite
    Options
    Bathroom painted.. it looks quite beautiful. Once the girls are in bed I am going to mint the 2 minty walls and create perfection from the desperate mess it is at the moment. I also bleached and painted over the mouldy ceiling bits in DD3's room.. it will also be beautiful.

DD2 has brought all her stuff back from uni.. and dumped it in my empty front room.. I need her to get her own place pretty soon I think!!

DD2 is after taking DS3 on the razzle.. should be fun, getting him out of the house!

DD2 loaded the DW

I am about 3/4 of the way through my dinner and I am stuffed.. I barely ate anything!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,081 Forumite
    Options
    roundtuit wrote: »
    I've not seen Mrs Blackbird with a droopy wing for a few days :( She was waiting for me on Wednesday morning even though I went out early, and she came right up to feed and chuck 'thank you' to me. Mr Robin has moved in - I hope he hasn't bullied her away. Would he do that? I hope she made it through the Beast :(.

Unlikely, I'd have thought. They eat the same kind of food and I don't think either has a reputation as a predator. I'm hoping they're just foraging further afield, rather than either dying from the cold or being predated by magpies or seagulls. Fingers crossed they'll reappear in a day or two.
    Better is good enough.
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,842 Forumite
    Options
    Work done
    Sausage in rolls for dinner
    Came home from work to find OH had made a heap of 'stuff' for me to lsit eby, I am gob snacked to say the least!!
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,780 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family