PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

February 2019 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• elsiepac
    elsiepac Posts: 2,561 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Budgets updated to here

Snow here but only a couple of inches - enough for chaos haha! I walk to work so I'm in the office but loads of people working from home! Glad I did a mini shop last night to top up fresh veg as I have plenty in for the next few days now if needed. Still need to confirm budget - have spent a lot so far on restocking and offers - ridiculous really.

I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Old Style, Crafting and Techie Stuff boards.If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    GC: May 22 £tbc/£250 Vegan 27-8-13
  • ScarlettMcCain
    Options
    I didn't manage to finish my January challenge but am starting again in Feb with a £4.20 spend today! Thank you to elsiepac for the new thread!!

My cupboards are quite bare after two weeks with hardly any shopping, so February may start with a very big shop.....
    Finally debt free!! March 2018 :j
  • MrsLottie
    Options
    First spend of February budget of £34.50 / £200. Pleased with that just hope it lasts the week !
  • Graciefields
    Options
    Please put me down for £125 again for the month. Just for me and my dog. To include dog food, cleaning products, toiletries.
    Barclay Card £3600 [STRIKE]HSBC CC £2587[/STRIKE] ZERO
    Total CC Debt [STRIKE][STRIKE][STRIKE]£7755[/STRIKE] [/STRIKE][/STRIKE]
    COLOR="Red"]$[STRIKE]7151[/STRIKE][/COLOR] £6487
    November 2018 GC £25Pw/£100Pm Nov Grocery Challenge £83.56/£100 Dec GC £95.64/£125Jan 2019 GC COLOR="Red"]64.86/£125[/COLOR] Feb GC COLOR="DarkRed£100.43/]£125[/COLOR]March GC OR="Red"]145.00/125[/COLOR]
    April GC £130/£125 Aug GC £72.71/£100
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,774 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    First week's shopping done - £37.77 with £5 added to the freezer restock fund and £5 added to the celebration meal food. I'm not quite sure what we're planning to celebrate other than mine and the HT's birthdays but at least we'll be able to go for a meal out if we want to knowing I've saved the money for it from our grocery allowance.
  • ma-ri-ella
    Options
    in for another month at 1 pound a day . Cupboards etc are full from January as felt too ill /lazy to do much cooking . I am however going to try buying no plastic this month so dont know if that will make things way more expensive or if i will spend less because i cant buy certain things . i am cheating slightly because i will use the items with plastic i currently have
    £365 a year spend challenge - this has included food/clothes/beauty?? who knows where I am
    20,000 step a day challenge
  • thriftwizard
    thriftwizard Posts: 4,673 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    And I'm off into February's budget with a massive £77 spent at the market this morning; this bought us fish, meat, cheese, baked goods, fruit & most of the veg the four of us will need for the week, plus £15-worth of health food supplies as the stallholders are off on holiday for much of February - and who can blame them?! So, more than I'd like, but every penny of it good value for money. That'll do...
    Angie - GC May 24 £162.50/£450: 2024 Fashion on the Ration Challenge: 10/68: (Money's just a substitute for time & talent...)
  • White_musk
    Options
    Greengrocer £3.57
    Butcher £9.71
    Coop £ 2.93

Total £16.21

I also went into the Chemist but am not adding that to shopping as it was cold meds.
    Feb 2019 GC £151.53/£300
    God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, wisdom to know the difference.
  • Ginmonster
    Options
    I'm off to a flying start as I went into Manchester today and while I was there I went to the big H&B to get some vegan chorizo and lo and behold they had a whole load of it half price as it was short dated. I bought 6 packs and have thrown 5 straight in the freezer. So £9.90 gone there and another £3.28 on tofu and kimchee from the Chinese supermarket. All nice-to-have things rather than essentials bit I don't go into the city very often these days so they'll have to last me.

I went way over budget in January so here's to a better month ahead!

13.18/120
  • sweetpea26
    Options
    Thank you for the February thread Elsiepac :)

please include me and I am hoping to come in below

£399
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family