Appen Butler-Hill

Options

Comments

• oneflewover
    Options
    Hello WSE'ers, from a hopeful future WSE'er.

Applied to ABH this week, breezed through the early stages, now doing all the studying and practising for my exam (if exam is the right word) in about 8 days time. I've downloaded all the materials I can, and even split up the guidelines into separate files for ease of reference (those big PDF files are so slow to load and scroll). Already noticed a much improved score in my last 120 pages from the first 120 I tested with. Practice makes (near) perfect, right?

If anyone has some words of wisdom, I'd love to hear from you via PM (I take the NDA seriously, of course).:beer:
    271906 Posts: 225 Forumite
    Options
    Has anyone else received an audit disagreeing with a PDNL rating?

I just got one and don't understand how it is fair - at the time, the page wasn't loading, so I don't understand why I am penalised for the fact I couldn't give it the correct rating - it didn't load to rate!
  • Boycieboy
    Options
    271906 wrote: »
    Has anyone else received an audit disagreeing with a PDNL rating?

I just got one and don't understand how it is fair - at the time, the page wasn't loading, so I don't understand why I am penalised for the fact I couldn't give it the correct rating - it didn't load to rate!
    Well I just got one too! Wonder if it is the same page? I appealed.
  • Cassiopeia01
    Options
    MallRat wrote: »
    Had a look at this earlier, only to find that "X" isn't there in IE10. :D

Am assuming the big one that appears in the top left hand corner is something different, as pressing that never seems to do anything for me when the page stops responding.

Just checked mine and I don't have the X either. Did a bit of homework and ESC does the same thing (Stop). The X at the top left disables the toolbar so you wouldn't want to press that one :D
  • MallRat
    MallRat Posts: 604 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just checked mine and I don't have the X either. Did a bit of homework and ESC does the same thing (Stop). The X at the top left disables the toolbar so you wouldn't want to press that one :D

Weird! Have just finished work for the day, and had a page fail to load properly near the end of my last set of 30. When I looked up, surprise surprise, the elusive "X" was there after all! You only see it when a page is actually loading, its the same in Firefox - try it!

So thank you to 271906 after all. :)
  • Catwoman1975
    Options
    Was put on service level review yesterday. Wasn't worried as it has happened a couple of times and thought I would be retested at the end of the week as normal. A few hours later I was told my contract was terminated. Gutted is not the word. Still in shock. Had some personal problems that must have affected my work last week. Thought I was doing the right thing by just getting on with my work. Wish now I had took a few days off.
  • MallRat
    Options
    Was put on service level review yesterday. Wasn't worried as it has happened a couple of times and thought I would be retested at the end of the week as normal. A few hours later I was told my contract was terminated. Gutted is not the word. Still in shock. Had some personal problems that must have affected my work last week. Thought I was doing the right thing by just getting on with my work. Wish now I had took a few days off.

Oh no! :( And can't believe they haven't given you the opportunity to retest, Catwoman. By the way, did you receive the latest email they've sent concerning some kind of problem with this week's quality report? Just wondering whether it may apply to you or not.
  • Catwoman1975
    Options
    MallRat wrote: »
    Oh no! :( And can't believe they haven't given you the opportunity to retest, Catwoman. By the way, did you receive the latest email they've sent concerning some kind of problem with this week's quality report? Just wondering whether it may apply to you or not.

Was wondering the same too. Have no way to check as been locked out of everything. Think I will at least email someone to double check.
  • MallRat
    Options

Have seen what you mean about the "ESC" key now. Hopefully we may have found a solution to the crashing problem then, although still need to try it out in more situations yet I suppose. And also the large "X" - oops. :o
  • MallRat
    Options
    Was wondering the same too. Have no way to check as been locked out of everything. Think I will at least email someone to double check.

Seems crazy they'd just terminate you, especially considering you had a pretty good track record so far and also there being so few of us working for them. Email sent today says they're reviewing the metrics individually for everyone who was pulled this week, so obviously there's an issue. Will be keeping my fingers crossed for you anyway. :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback