Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Options

Comments

• summer_james
    summer_james Posts: 80 Forumite
    edited 15 September 2015 at 9:00AM
    Options
    Well all good things come to those who wait (or so I tell myself!). Hopefully my mortgage offer will be back later this week following the survey, fingers crossed. Halifax have said that our case has been agreed providing our survey comes back ok.
  • crippss
    Options
    How do people know that their mortgage has been agreed subject to valuation with Halifax....? I've been told that the valuation has been instructed but no mention of it being approved subject to.

When I asked my MB he said that a decision will only be made after the valuation and until then it could go either way as the underwriters don't even see it until after it is completed.

Seems like a lot of wasted time for both Myself, Halifax and Colleys if there is something else that would mean my application would be declined but still go to the trouble of completing a survey....
  • kirtsypoos
    Options
    I've had a message from our MB to say that Halifax are happy with whats been sent in and the valuation has been instructed :j Another hurdle!

Our timeline so far:

02/09 - AIP
    09/09 - Viewed Property
    10/09 - Offer Accepted on Property
    11/09 - Full Application to Halifax
    11/09 - Valuation fee taken
    15/09 - Survey Instructed, booked for 21/09

Fingers Crossed!!
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • dandan6666
    Options
    Just been informed that our mortgage offer is now in the post today! so happy!
  • St149
    Options
    looks like you're in the same boat as me! to give you some context, they firstly search you as an applicant and give you a decision in principal, based on your affordability and income etc. you can do this before you find a property and is valid for 3 months I think, so its ready for you when you want to show that you're serious when putting in offers. after an offer has been accepted, they do a valuation on the property and if this comes back fine, then only an underwriter actually looks at your application in detail. My AIP was granted about 4 weeks ago and the valuation came back fine about 3 weeks ago. Apparently Halifax are very behind at the moment but this seems to be taking ages for the final decision to come back!
  • summer_james
    Options
    crippss wrote: »
    How do people know that their mortgage has been agreed subject to valuation with Halifax....? I've been told that the valuation has been instructed but no mention of it being approved subject to.

When I asked my MB he said that a decision will only be made after the valuation and until then it could go either way as the underwriters don't even see it until after it is completed.

Seems like a lot of wasted time for both Myself, Halifax and Colleys if there is something else that would mean my application would be declined but still go to the trouble of completing a survey....

In our case, and I cannot speak for others, there has been a long delay in getting our Homebuyers Report done. We have had to wait a month due to Colleys being too busy, apparently. Halifax have told us that all their necessary checks on us have been done (credit checks, affordability etc) and our case has been agreed subject to the valuation being ok. Everyone seems to have a different experience and it seems most people get their surveys done quick, unlike ours. But as I always say, until I see something in writing...
  • summer_james
    Options
    St149 wrote: »
    looks like you're in the same boat as me! to give you some context, they firstly search you as an applicant and give you a decision in principal, based on your affordability and income etc. you can do this before you find a property and is valid for 3 months I think, so its ready for you when you want to show that you're serious when putting in offers. after an offer has been accepted, they do a valuation on the property and if this comes back fine, then only an underwriter actually looks at your application in detail. My AIP was granted about 4 weeks ago and the valuation came back fine about 3 weeks ago. Apparently Halifax are very behind at the moment but this seems to be taking ages for the final decision to come back!

It depends. Why would Halifax waste a month on our application waiting for a survey then do the full checks? It is a total waste of everyone's time, and money. An underwriter has already done our checks and is literally waiting to see if the survey is ok.... I honestly think everyone's experience varies;)
  • JamesN
    JamesN Posts: 776 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Fingers crossed for you James. Hoping to exchange this week and complete the next!
  • uncreative
    Options
    our timeline:

31 Aug - DIP
    01 Sept - Offer made and accepted (V quick - seller wants out)
    01 Sept - Mortgage application made direct online to RBS that night
    04 Sept - Credit check done (Reported on Equifax)
    07 Sept - Letter requesting payslips and ID - taken into branch to speed things up

Now - Radio silence........

Our sellers EA is phoning us to see what the hold up is - we have not even had a valuation survey done and its now 16 days after offer accepted and wondering whats going on......??? so do we!
    Total Credit Used...=........£9,000 / £52,700
    Mortgage..............=........£138,000 , 20 Years left.
    :starmod:CC cashback for this year..=........£112.88 £205.81 banked in 2015
    :starmod:YNAB User & Mortgage Free Wannabe
    :starmod::A19/03/16
  • JollyPhilip
    Options
    I am awaiting my HTB acceptance then my complete program will go in with Halifax. ahhhhh anxious times!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback