Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Former MSE Lee
    Money Moral Dilemma: Should I pay for my excess dust?
    • 5th Aug 10, 5:36 PM
    Money Moral Dilemma: Should I pay for my excess dust? 5th Aug 10 at 5:36 PM
    This is a real life MMD so please bear in mind the MoneySaver in question will read your responses:

Please give this MoneySaver the benefit of your advice...

Should I pay for my excess dust?

We are in the process of having our driveway reflagged and recently a new neighbour from across the road came over to complain about the dust from the flagging that had fallen on his car. My husband apologised and said we didn't know what we could do. We then saw the neighbours taking pictures of the dust on his car before driving off. I am a bit taken aback by this and wondering what the neighbour hopes to achieve. Should I pay to have his car cleaned?

Click reply to have your say

Previous MMDs: View All

This Forum Tip was included in MoneySavingExpert's weekly email

Don't miss out on new deals, loopholes, and vouchers

Page 10
  • Brasileiro Brit
    It's a tricky one....

I think you should have told him before you started, having said that, the impact of dust in neighborughs cars isn't something I would have thought of when arranging to get the drive re-done (I know now), so I can understand what to do now.

I think the answer all depends on how well you know your neighbor, I would ask why he would like to achieve. But if he's a bit tricky pay a couple of kids to clean his car (I think it's a bit weird giving him 5 for a car wash). Besides, if he washes his car every week, why does it matter. If he never washes his car, it doesn't matter either! Jokers these days!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,953Posts Today

9,054Users online

Martin's Twitter