Boosting your Tesco Clubcard Points Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• sashabubble
    Options
    I heard of the Clubcard Plus card a while back but didnt do anything about it. I'm saving up my points for our honeymoon so every point counts. I've just phoned up the 0870 number and the nice lady is sending me an application form. Got the Tesco credit card and have been using it for shopping but am only going to use it for emergencies now.
    Gotta be disciplined!!!!

11th August £338 in Tesco vouchers towards Honeymoon :D
    £162 to go
  • sashabubble
    Options
    Hi all, I am new to this part of the forum and looking for as many ways as possible to up my clubcard points total.
    I have just applied for the clubcard credit card. This will be my first and only credit card which I will use for shopping and fuel only.

Any other hints and tips are very welcome, just reading through the older thread now

Just remember that the 0% interest starts when your application goes through, not when you first start using the card :mad:
  • jeferey
    jeferey Posts: 4,300 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Thanks for the new thread - I'm always looking for ways to bump up my points. I've always managed to get quite a bit from wine 1000 points a shop (buying for us and other people!), etc but they seem a bit thin on the ground - I think Tesco's have pulled a lot of the points offers and replaced them with cash. This has made me look elsewhere for some of our shopping so I think my points will reduce from now on. I do have the older Tesco Platinum Credit Card with the double points and use it for as much as possible (usually get £30 a quarter). Keep up the good work.
    If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try - oh bu99er that just cheat :D
  • welshgirl78
    Options
    A good way of gaining extra points is looking out for instore leaflets. Sometimes they have 250 extra points when you buy £10 of toiletries etc - look at customers services or the Pharmacy... there is a coupon out now with 100 points on a £5 pharmacy spend and some others but they aren't great!!

Plus at the moment there are Back to School booklets - on the back are extra points vouchers - 500 on £20 ink/paper, 250 on £10 cd/dvds and £1 off stationary... they seem to be fairly freely available so now might be a good time to stock up on those printing "essentials"

Good luck (I have to take holiday time holidays too so I understand) :)
    DFW Nerd #131
  • FlyingDodo
    FlyingDodo Posts: 117 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've just phoned for an application form for the Clubcard plus account, on the 0845 number, a very helpful lady, I'm trying to boost my points to take my son to Rome next year, so need all the help I can get. Can you only use this card online and in store, or can it be used to pay for petrol as well!?:rolleyes:
  • fizzyhelen
    fizzyhelen Posts: 8,867 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    FlyingDodo wrote: »
    I've just phoned for an application form for the Clubcard plus account, on the 0845 number, a very helpful lady, I'm trying to boost my points to take my son to Rome next year, so need all the help I can get. Can you only use this card online and in store, or can it be used to pay for petrol as well!?:rolleyes:

Yes you can use it to pay for petrol as well :D
    :)ITV Winners Club Member #46:)
    :DFish Slice Winner 2013:D

#justiceforpoppi

• niccy
    niccy Posts: 597 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone
    just been reading this thread and applied for clubcard plus card, thanks for the info.:T

I wonder if anyone could help with a problem, (our Tesco has only recently opened so we have to get up to speed with all this ) at the moment Tesco Direct do not deliver to our islands, and i wondered if any MSE ers had a title/address of someone with a bit of influence at Tesco's that i could lobby and try and change this situation.

thanks
    living on the "edge"
  • debsy1963
    debsy1963 Posts: 114 Forumite
    Options
    does anyone know if you can contact tesco by email and what the address is if you can
    thanks
  • xXxKatexXx
    Options
    meerustar wrote: »
    Congratulations on your pregnancy!!!!!!!!!!!! ;);)

You're due when? March? Lovely :p

Better join the baby club then ... (you can sell the extra points coupons on ebay) .... did I just say that? :rotfl: :rotfl:
    :rotfl:congrats :rotfl:
    Piggypoints balance: 525 points, £10 Cashed out :j
    Valued Opinions balance: £20.50, £10 Cashed out :j
  • xXxKatexXx
    Options
    debsy1963 wrote: »
    does anyone know if you can contact tesco by email and what the address is if you can
    thanks
    just had a look for an email address with no luck.

did find this little lot though, and thought i would share, incase its useful to anyone
    By phone:

Grocery
    Telephone 0845 7225533**, 8am to 11pm Monday to Friday, 9am to 8pm Saturday and 10am to 6pm Sunday
    Books, Music, Video, DVD, Flowers, Games and Wine
    Telephone 0845 7225533**, 9am to 11pm Monday to Friday, 9am to 8pm Saturday and 10am to 6pm Sunday

Don't forget for your entertainment and books orders you can check your order status, track items
    or make a cancellation online - click here

Tesco Direct
    You may find an answer to your question in our extensive Tesco Direct help pages. If you need to speak to someone, please contact us on 0845 6004411*, 8am to 11pm Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm on Saturday and 10am to 6pm on Sunday
    Clubcard
    Telephone 0800 591688**, 9am to 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am to 5pm on Saturday
    Clubcard Deals
    Telephone 0808 1000707*, 9am to 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am to 5pm on Saturday to Sunday
    Tesco Stores
    Telephone 0800 505555*, 9am to 6pm Monday to Saturday
    *Free from BT Landlines.
    **Calls costs 6p, plus up to 2p per minute for BT Calling Plans.
    By Post

If your query is about a Grocery, Wine, DVD, CD, Video, Computer game, Books or Flowers order you can write to us at:
    Tesco Customer Service
    PO Box 73
    Baird Avenue
    Dryburgh Industrial Estate
    Dundee
    DD1 9NF
    If your query is about a Tesco Direct order you can write to us at:
    Tesco Customer Service
    PO Box 73
    Baird Avenue
    Dryburgh Industrial Estate
    Dundee