PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,181 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Pleasures for today (Monday)

1) Not a bad sleep.

2) Hens well.

3) Ran an exam all by myself (albeit only about 12 people took it).

4) Made fish cakes for tea.

5) Bigger son is home after spending much of the weekend at a local music festival.

6) Watched 24 Hours in Police Custody.

7) Will go to bed properly in a minute.
  • house_elf
    house_elf Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    edited 19 June 2018 at 5:41AM
    Options
    Good Evening,

Sunday

1. Upton House National Trust for Fathers Day treat. DH choice. Interesting House and gardens, with good story. The staff were really nice there. They have a project to re create the house as a dolls house, and are asking people to make items. DF and I have taken a list to make some small accessories. I will try to make some small cushions.

2. Soup for lunch, then tea and scones before we left.

3. Not able to go for Fathers Day meal, as DS2 got back from Cadets weekend too late. Roast dinner at home instead.

4. DS2 has got another badge.

5. Early night, as not feeling too well. Still having headaches.

Monday

1. Speckled hen is considering going broody. I got to stroke her in the nest box. She usually runs away. :)

2. Interesting meeting with student and parent. Young man was very chatty.

3. Nice lunch of tuna, egg and salad.

4. Brief chat with DD on the phone. She is upset about ex boyfriend again. :( Nice to hear her voice even though she was sad.

5. Wanted to go for Fathers Day meal tonight, but DS2 spoilt the plan, by eating on the way home from school. :mad: Will have to wait until Wednesday. DS1 got to watch the England match, so not all bad :j

Have a good day tomorrow.....off to read back :)
  • Hopeless_Case
    Options
    Morning :) Good day yesterday

- Unexpected item in Clubcard area :rotfl: - Mr T gave me 200 points for 'BUYBINATONE' (??!! no idea!) so 223 points for a £23 spend :j:j

- OH likes the quorn chilli so he can eat it all, I'll have freezer leftovers tonight and then freeze the leftover chilli for him. I'm not normally fussy but for some reason it turns my stomach :o If he still likes it after he's had more than a mouthful, I'll buy it instead of mince for him from now on! :j

- Nasturtiums are fully gorgeous now, all different yellows and oranges

- Still got Poldark to watch

- En-ger-land :j:j:j:j
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    1. Remembered to take coffee into work.

2. A strange day at work but the temperature was right. Doesn't happen very often.

3. We all had different meals at tea but all were leftovers. It was easy and fridge is emptier.

4. Watered the garden. I do enjoy doing it.

5. A drink in the garden with DH. The moon was very bright.

6. England won. I saw most of the second half.
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,651 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Monday pleasures,

Into W8rose for top up salad and veg shop, found a few bargains and used vouchers :money:

Warm, but windy day, garden was like a big tumble drier, four lots of washing done and dried.

Positive initial interview for Capt S and another arranged for tomorrow morning, after working for himself for a few years he is venturing back into a company environment.

Managed to calm upset pony, stressed out by chain saw action just by her stable, poor girlie.

Small dog walked, tea eaten and in front of tv by 7pm, good to see England get a last minute winner, it’s usually someone scoring that way against us.
  • Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Options
    Victory! I see that a nation was only moments away from celebrating last night, then in added time Kane comes up and scores and Scotland is upset! Still, they can waste their money on Panama hats now!

4 We had nibbles while watching the excitement, topped pizza, prawn roulette, and chicken dippers. Tasty. Wobbleades were sunk as well! Here we go … Please avoid reading red tops. Kane has to be placed in cotton wool until unleashed again, aginsts the Germens!

3 Now BoP inn his lunch box today has a club, three mini peelers, salad, boiled egg, and a club. BoPise, who is upset this day has the same, except she has my mug, which is smaller than hers. That was a kitchen disaster by BoP doing the packing. To make matters worse for BoPsie, cake has been devoured at the mill! Please think of BoPsie while she is having a day of it!

2 Night, after gorging on the chicken dippers last night, a visit to the gym is in order to keep beach ready! Viewing at pier 39 next March available. Tickets shortly.

I have had a right one today! DD please avoid all the hype in the Red Tops. Kane should be rested now and play Vardy against the Hatters!

That is all you BiPiless for today!
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It's stayed mainly dry so far though big rain is foreceast.
    Not warm. I think it's called mild.

Today has been a mixed bag.

Woke to find stupid pension had been paid in and back dated. Good.
    Came home later to 31 letters from them . 19 for me and 6 each for son and daughter 2. I just sobbed and sobbed at the ineptitude and uncaring of a company. Dealing with numbers and not people. A letter will be sent. Such a waste of paper and postage!

Went to kitchen showroom to change something I was told last week would incur no charge...my person was off today and other person seemed to think I would be getting charged...I ain't paying!

A few bathroom showrooms. Far too much choice! It all melts my brain slightly.

Bought vacuum seal bags and soooooked up my Christmas cushions and spare duvets. They can go in loft.

Roll and slice sausage for lunch made by boy. Who also asked if I needed a hug.

Flooring lifted and taken to tip by boy. I cut the grass and chatted with a friend.

Vets. Hurrah! No more cone of shame. She's very happy with his tootsies. Still to wear boots when out and can work up over the course of this week to get back to normal walks as long as he's got his boots on. No charge! Hurrah for that too and still in credit and Haggis got treats for being so good :)

DD2 got an email to say her college course is being fully funded. Not straightforward as we've been out the country for so long. Very helpful chat with lady from college who confirmed that the amount awarded would pay full course fees.

Just popping down to friend/ neighbour as I'm doggy watching tomorrow. Get instructions:)

Made a curry for tea using up some scary looking mushrooms and RTC turkey breasts that had been lurking in the freezer. There is much lurking and I am trying to use it up!

Hoping I don't lose this as I had to run and bring washing in! Promised rain is on . Good for they garden.
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    Tuesday pleasures

Gloriously hot day - so no decluttering, but found biking kit as we are off on holiday on Friday :j:j

DSis's Oyster Card activated

DSis registered at Doctor’s

Stopped into the local Leisure Centre & enquired about using swimming pool (I have only lived here 19.5 years & never bothered joining even though I love swimming :o)

Walked home via dockside walk - sailing & rowing going on :)

Salad for dinner tonight

Reading your posts
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,181 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Pleasures for today (Tuesday).

1) Not a bad sleep.

2) Meeting about smaller son a.m which went OK.

3) Popped to Sainsburys for shopping.

4) Worked after lunch.

5) Went to see my school friend for a cup of tea.

6) Spent a while with the hens and saw a mum of one of son's primary school friends on the way.
  • Purple_kitten
    Purple_kitten Posts: 3,042 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    1 Is the number of skips filled today at DFs, it has a wall in, a shed in, and several bits of chopped up furniture.
    2 I did cave to takeaway on a 2 for Tuesday
    3 Made plans for tea and cake with dads best mate.
    4 Home to a dry washing load on the line.
    5 A heroes welcome from the animals is very humbling.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback