Milann's life keeps getting in the way.......

Options

Comments

• milann
    milann Posts: 10,586 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ::money:money::money:I've done it.:money:

I've paid my credit card - I'm debt free:j:j:beer::beer::j:j:beer::beer::D:D:D
    January spends - £587.58
  • milann
    Options
    Lol - I'm totally skint too. Got to get some cash built up now.
    I'm still going to used my cc to collect Rewards but pay it off every month :o:o
    Only wish I wasn't going on half pay but better to be on half pay with no debts than trying to pay debts too.
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,310 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    milann wrote: »
    ::money:money::money:I've done it.:money:

I've paid my credit card - I'm debt free:j:j:beer::beer::j:j:beer::beer::D:D:D

So chuffed for you:j:j:j:T:T:T:A
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    Options
    Lol - I'm totally skint too. Got to get some cash built up now.
    I'm still going to used my cc to collect Rewards but pay it off every month :o:o
    Only wish I wasn't going on half pay but better to be on half pay with no debts than trying to pay debts too.

Very true :D:cool:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• milann
    Options
    Thanks Beanie - you've kept me going more than you'll ever know:A
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    Options
    Thanks Beanie - you've kept me going more than you'll ever know:A

What a lovely thing to say:A

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,299 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Beanie has kept a lot of us going :)

Boo to the detached bone removal, what a palaver :( Double boo to the half pay, you must be so cheesed off.

But fantastic fabulous news about the debt free status - woo hoo :j:
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    When's the party? We all want to celebrate with you
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • beanielou
    Options
    Two lovely MSE'ers debt free in one day. Sniff.
    REmember to post on the Roll of Honour :grin:

• milann
    Options
    Had a busy weekend here and I didn't spend a penny.
    We were invited to a posh do at a top Manchester Hotel on Saturday - I managed to get into a dress - not the one I wanted to wear - I've put so much weight on I looked like a bag of spuds in it :eek::eek: but a pleated chiffon one I've had years that covers up a multitude of syns :o.
    I even managed to put a bit of make up on left handed :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: - what a performance - thankfully I didn't look like a clown (I hope)...and as for tights :eek::rotfl::eek::rotfl: my cack handed dh did his best but I'm glad there wasn't a spy cam in the room :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:It's surprising just how many things are hard to do with 1 hand. The night itself was ok but I felt really conscious of my arm in a sling and just felt fat. The food was ok but I was disappointed in the service. I'd checked with the head waiter if I could have my steak cut up in the kitchen as I could only use 1 arm - he fussed around and said no problem madam etc... When it came out it hadn't been done so he shouted at the waiting staff...then another couple on our table had dietary requirements and needed a different sweet to cater for their allegies - the sweets were given to the wrong people who started eating them - the head waiter shouted 'no-no-no' really loudly at same waiting staff - I know it was a bad mistake and could have been dangerous but I did feel for the poor girl, she was only young - I suspect heads would have rolled behind the scenes. Really not what I expected from a 4 (maybe 5) star hotel - shan't be rushing back there especially at the prices they charge there. I was glad to get home. I sound really ungrateful as we were treated by dh boss.

I had a lazy day yesterday then went to ds to be waited on again - his service deserved 5 stars - he'd cooked us a delicious risotto and I had a change of scenery too.

I've spent ages on the phone between the doctor and medical supplier who I've been waiting for some stuff from. GP sent the prescription to wrong company and I've been left like piggy in the middle whilst they sort it and have run out of stuff so both GP and supplier have had a piece of my mind this morning as I requested the prescription on 5th March....hopefully it should arrive tomorrow - I've been with the same company about 10 years so I've no idea why they suddenly took it upon themselves to send it elsewhere:mad: What a waste of a morning.

So tomorrow I go in to have the detached bit of bone removed...it's a bit odd. I go to the outpatients clinic to see him but he's already got me on the afternoons surgery so I'm assuming they'll send me to a ward from there - hopefully not a trolley in a corridor - nothing to eat or drink after 6 in the morning. I shouldn't be in long - just want it over with so I can start getting better.'

I've been binge watching Downton Abbey - I had the box set bought me at Christmas and since I can't do much else other than watch tv at the moment its passing time quite nicely.
    January spends - £587.58
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure