Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa

Options

Comments

• Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 17 May 2017 at 11:25AM
    Options
    My gas moved to Zog on 4th May and E.ON confirmed by email this morning that they plan to take over my electric on 1st June......always assuming they can get a response from these cowboys. :mad:

I've still not had the obligatory "Sorry you're leaving" email regarding my gas or the final bill although everything is showing correctly in the transactions section of my online account apart from the correct CV Value of course.

I will also have to keep a very close eye on the direct debit notification email from Iresa which is due in the next day or so.

Hello youravinalarrrf and welcome back. As part of the Faster Switching scheme, we'll look to start supplying in about two and half weeks from sign up so 1 June looks right.

It will, though, take longer before the account is fully up and running. As the gaining supplier, it's up to us to drive the switch. We'll send our opening readings to the old supplier so they can use the same ones to close their account. As well as the readings, we'll also let the industry third parties like the distributor, meter operator, national database etc know you're switching back. All in all, we'll look to have everything done and dusted from our end within 35 days. Can't speak for the losing supplier though.

Hope this helps youravinalarrrf.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • warwickbears
    Options
    After reading other peoples experience of Iresa, and particularly the dreadful feedback on Trustpilot, I have decided to jump ship and have initiated a transfer of my electricity supply to Bulb.
  • youravinalarrrf
    youravinalarrrf Posts: 575 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 17 May 2017 at 10:38AM
    Options
    Have you received the email notifying that they're taking the direct debit on 20th May yet?

I reckon I should have a direct debit payment for the electric only due on 20th May but my gas transferred away on 4th May so I'm not expecting to pay anything for gas on 20th May.

If they take the direct debit for electric only on 20th May I will be slightly in credit for electric when I switch to EON on 1st June but owe them a similar amount the gas. These should hopefully just about cancel each other out.

I've also not had the sorry you're leaving emails for either gas or electric from Iresa yet and I'm still waiting for them to produce my final gas bill.

Just a warning to others in the process of leaving Iresa. It turns out I was right to be worried about the Direct Debit payments after leaving them.

I've just received the direct debit payment notification email this morning for the payment due on 22nd May and sure enough they intend to take the full amount for both gas and electricity despite having switched my gas on 4th May and no longer being my supplier.

Another complaint has now been raised and they have been told that unless they amend it immediately all direct debit payments to Iresa will be cancelled at my bank.

It would appear that now they don't even know who is and who isn't one of their customers but that certainly doesn't stop them taking your money just in case.

You just couldn't make this stuff up and even if you did nobody would believe you! :mad:
  • DonnySaver
    DonnySaver Posts: 565 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    DonnySaver wrote: »
    That's it, I've done it. I've started my switch over to E.ON. Will be a LOT less hassle in the long run hopefully. I can't see Iresa surviving much longer the way they are carrying on.

Got my "Sad to see you leave" email from Iresa today asking for my meter readings to enable the switchover to E.ON. :D
  • youravinalarrrf
    Options
    Got my "Sad to see you leave" email from Iresa today asking for my meter readings to enable the switchover to E.ON. :D

I've also received a "Sad to see you leave" email this morning but rather stupidly it doesn't give you any clue as to whether it relates to gas or electric.

The problem is that because I've already switched my gas on 4th May and I'm in the process of switching my electric and I've not received the "Sad to see you leave" emails for either I haven't a clue which this relates to.
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Options

Hello DonnySaver and welcome to E.ON. Good to have you on board.

We'll look after the switch for you and will send Iresa our opening meter readings so they can use the same ones to close their account. This makes sure the same energy isn't charged twice. We'll be in touch a bit further down the line to ask for the readings. As part of Faster Switching, we'll look to bring the account over in about two and half weeks from your request to switch.

If you've registered with our website, you can see how things are going through our 'Track My switch' tool.

Hope this is of interest DonnySaver.

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Raxiel
    Raxiel Posts: 1,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    I had yet another direct debit setup email today. They seem to send one every month. It's not a duplicate (still only one at the bank's end) and its for the same amount as before. Feels like it's just another automated thing that happens every month regardless.
    3.6 kW PV in the Midlands - 9x Sharp 400W black panels - 6x facing SE and 3x facing SW, Solaredge Optimisers and Inverter. 400W Derril Water (one day). Octopus Flux
    Options
    I've also received a "Sad to see you leave" email this morning but rather stupidly it doesn't give you any clue as to whether it relates to gas or electric.

The problem is that because I've already switched my gas on 4th May and I'm in the process of switching my electric and I've not received the "Sad to see you leave" emails for either I haven't a clue which this relates to.

Sorry youravinalarrrf, I should've mentioned yesterday, you can keep an eye on where we're at with your switch through the online service I've spoken about earlier today. This is 'Track My Switch' and can be used by customers joining us provided they've registered with our website.

Hope it's of interest youravinalarrrf.

Malc
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    edited 17 May 2017 at 12:12PM
    Options
    Raxiel wrote: »
    I had yet another direct debit setup email today. They seem to send one every month. It's not a duplicate (still only one at the bank's end) and its for the same amount as before. Feels like it's just another automated thing that happens every month regardless.

I had the same. Its not a new DD setup notice, it's a new DD Payment notice. It advises you how much they will take this month, and when.
    Iresa have to be complimented in that this is the one part of their system that works like clockwork.
    I was a bit concerned when this thread dropped off the first page of the Energy board, but now it seems we are back to business as usual. After my formal complaint and fulsome apology promising that my account issue had been escalated to the 'relevant team for urgent resolution', a further two weeks has gone by with of course no action at all.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • youravinalarrrf
    Options
    macman wrote: »
    I had the same. Its not a new DD setup notice, it's a new DD Payment notice. It advises you how much they will take this month, and when.
    Iresa have to be complimented in that this is the one part of their system that works like clockwork.

I would have previously agreed up until the email I received this morning - see my posts above.

If you're in the process of leaving Iresa I would suggest this area of their system needs watching very closely! :mad:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure