Earthgirl's Final Battle

Options

Comments

• themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,898 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    What the others said!! Take care of yourself, or you'll burn out and be unable to do even half of what you do now.
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• earthgirl
    earthgirl Posts: 3,762 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 14 June 2019 at 3:25PM
    Options
    Thank you!

I have taken it easy today. I totally made up for missing an appointment yesterday and I am determined to get happy and healthy over the weekend so that on Monday I can make more inroads into my work and get ahead instead of catching up!

The ridiculous comments made in the meeting - I discussed with a colleague who agrees that it's not just me - a miracle would not be enough to describe the outcome the woman was wanting from me. She was dissapointed that I could not perform or encourage this miracle to happen. Her problem not mine. In the past she has sat in meetings where I have been repeatedly highly praised in front of her and I think she didn't like this or my realistic approach.

I have also sorted out more for the students coming - just a little bit more to print off but it's all organised.

Ds1 is off school today with a sore tummy. So a quiet weekend ahead for us. Hopefully we won't all get it!
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,711 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Well done you.

Catching up is so much more tiring than keeping on top of work, isn't it?! And getting ahead is truly liberating!
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,308 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    As I am probably old enough to be your mumm (!!:eek:) please do slow down a bit. I get where you are coming from but you do need to slow down otherwise your body will slow down for you.
    Take in the spirit it is meant :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • earthgirl
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 15 June 2019 at 8:03PM
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    As I am probably old enough to be your mumm (!!:eek:) please do slow down a bit. I get where you are coming from but you do need to slow down otherwise your body will slow down for you.
    Take in the spirit it is meant :)

I was just thinking this the other day!! About my body one day just giving up - not about you being old enough to be my mum - this is not true!

I was thinking that I pushed myself to the point of exhaustion this week so that I wasn't thinking straight and let someone bother me. I'm normally tougher than that and was just pushing myself to the edge of my capabilities.

So a very relaxing day today.OH wanted a takeaway but I cooked a nice meal instead. DS1 seems much better still not 100%, but happy enough.

We walked on the beach, played in the hay shed and in the garden. DS1 (aged 8) went to the school fayre on his own and was brilliant. Met me at the meeting point on time and with a present for his little bro. I Didn't want to infect anyone with ds2's virus if it was one.

A rabbit got under my poly and into my strawberry patch. Not a massive amount of damage and I've sealed up again.

Hoping the weather will be better tomorrow. Hoping to plant more lettuce and mint - rabbits ate my herbs for the first time this year. Also cooking a fathers day sunday lunch. Presents and cafrds made by kids, and one present is a voucher for a stay in a vineyard when we are in France, with winetasting in the cave and meal of winegrowers - a set menu of whatever the chambre d'hote want to serve us. Great experience in the Loire valley I hope.
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    That sounds a lovely day, earthie. And as for your body slowing down for you, if you don't take care - thats exactly what my CFS was, I reckon :(

Anyway, not long till France now! The Loire Valley is gorgeous, really exceptional. And that vineyard experience sounds brilliant as well :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Downshifterella
    Options
    Another echoing in to slow down..... I really relate to wanting to get so much done but your body *will* start taking action for you ....

Sounds a very relaxing day ! You do sooooo much ... Don't forget to give yourself a break to relax and reacharge every now and then xx
    MF planning for the simple life :beer::j
  • earthgirl
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 18 June 2019 at 7:33AM
    Options
    Thank you for supportive comments! I have been taking it easy. And things have just been made a bit simpler for me by my third online student being cancelled. A bit annoying as I was hoping to reuse my prep, but I already had students staying and lunch club to do, so at the same time having an online student would be hard - would also havehad to do it on holiday as well. So that's cancelled but I hope I'll get more in the future.

I have 2 x 30 mins next week - so £20 in for that, and my usual tutee on Thursday so £25 in for that.

I've batch cooked a massive lasgana and sheps pie, some mash for sausage and mash, and a spag bol. So I only need to make - fish pie, cottage pie and chilli. To give myself an easier few weeks, everything else can be bought or prepped on the day and put in the slow cooker. Most things served with salad and baby potatoes from the garden. Tinned fruit/fruit crumble/eton mess type desserts.

1.Lasagna - prepped :)
    2.spag bol - prepped :)
    3.chilli - to prep
    4. Haggis - OH
    5. quiche - to buy
    6.marinade for chicken that can be thrown in oven - no prep
    7. Roast Chicken - no prep
    8. Roast Pork - no prep
    9. Shepards pie - prepped :)
    10. fish pie - to prep
    11. Cottage pie - to prep
    12, 13, 14. Pizza, salad etc or BBQ - to buy
    15. Fish and chips - have to do this! - to buy
    16. beef stew - no prep
    17.Pasta bake - no prep
    18. Sausage and mash (you can freeze mash!) - prepped :)
    18. Curry - no prep
    20. scotch pie - to buy
    21. mac n cheese - no prep

Progress not Perfection
  • earthgirl
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    For DS1s birthday we have bough Joseph tickets for its tour, coming to Glasgow in sept. He will love this! Amazing seats - the best available in terms of viewing - for under £50 each. As it's their first show I wanted them to see from great seats (and so much cheaper than London).

I am sure that I want to take them to quite a lot of classic theatre shows, DS1 particularly loves musicals. I AM NOT SURE ABOUT THE LION KING - CAN ANYONE HELP?

Lion King is coming to Edinburgh, over winter - so at a time we look for activities to do. It would be unbudgeted for though - and if I took them to pretty good seats it would be £90 per ticket! For poorer seats it would be about £75, and I do think while they are young good seats are important to ensure they enjoy. Neither of them love the Lion King but I've heard its amazing. Not sure what to do - It would be £270 for me and the 2 boys - ouch!!

They will be 9 and 7.

Progress not Perfection
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,711 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Dd went to see the lion king with her big sis last year, aged 10. She totally adored it! She says they portrayed the characters beautifully. But they didn't pay that much for tickets... and that was in Lunnon. I don't think they had 'the best' seats but dd had a good view.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback