New Journey

Options

Comments

• redofromstart
    Options
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    All sounding good with the physio - the group on deal was great! And so pleased to hear that awful laryngitis has just about gone - you must be so relieved.

Australia fund is on the up as well!:T. Re credit card. I keep a cash back Amex one and put everything on that and always pay back at end of month like Martin advises. I’ve got a back up M&S card as well for purchases in their store and also for the places I can’t use the Amex card. Pays quarterly in M&S vouchers.
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Yay for the physio and squirrelling money into the Oz fund is excellent too :T
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Back is feeling better today , not saying anything else about my health as I don't want to jinx myself.

I am 92 points of a Yov Gov payout which will go in Oz fund. I am putting £100 towards it this pay month as well , as my DD to MBNA doesn't come out until March payday. The rest is going in EF for the moment I think that's about £75. I need some more travel insurance but am waiting on test results before I organise that.

Getting a little institutionalised , not getting dressed and just watching tv all day. This isn't good for me personally so I am going out with my parents this morning .

That's it for now .
  • Scott_Weiland_2
    Scott_Weiland_2 Posts: 799 Forumite
    edited 15 February 2018 at 11:21AM
    Options
    re your back buy some pilates bands there about ten quid on argos then watch pilates vids on lower back strengthing on youtube it helps

I have shoulder and neck issues and back due to a motorbike accident in the past, I use the bands for improving shoulder flexibility they do help. I do a desk job 9hours a night then sit on a bus 2-3hours so it helps me.
    Cashback Earnings YTD £46.04 Survey Earnings YTD £182.66
    "Always always train, be the best version of you that you can physically be"
  • System
    Options
    That's a great idea Scott , my mum has some spare bands will get them .
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,288 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Glad the physio helped and you can claim the cost back :)
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • System
    Options
    Having a good day , taken parents on errands. Friend popped in for a drink and chat. Back feeling much better moving about.

Changed my bedding , had a little walk in the sun, even though it's freezing.

Spent £7 in the local MrS bought some GF cake . More junk food !
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    You are on the up Cumbria Lass. Keep going. The junk will stop when you are feeling better. I've just binned all the junk in my house in a bid to get back on track...
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,296 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Good news on You Gov.
    I do wonder if I will ever get there!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure