MPGS - What's it Like??

Options

Comments

• geord925
    geord925 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Called Careers office 2 weeks ago, told the same old story... they aint heard anything. Managed to get work as a door supervisor for the olympics in london or newcastle through GS4. So hopefully will have a few months work to tide me over:j
  • Jud546
    Jud546 Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    MissKitty wrote: »
    He applied in January but didn't leave the army till the middle of April. We're looking for anywhere in Suffolk as a first choice then Essex as a second. I'm not sure if there are any priority sites in those regions?

Hubby and I were just talking today and wondering if he went to his AFCO and said he would go anywhere just to get in would it speed up the process?

It would mean him living in a single block and we only see him when we can, as we own/live in our own home so not looking for a quarter. Not what we really want but we have been doing that for the last 3 years of his career anyway so it's not new to us.

Have you looked at the mpgs recruitment page? On the right-hand side is a link to a table of available units, unfortunately they haven't updated it since January. If you've not seen it before at least it might give you an idea.

Here's the address for the page:

Www.army.Mod.uk/agc/provost/1242.aspx
  • Jud546
    edited 12 June 2012 at 8:29PM
    Options
    Oh, and here's a link for the locations page:

Www.army.mod.uk/agc/provost/2291.aspx

A quick look shows RAF Honnington and Wattisham as both being priority sites in Suffolk and Honnington having vacancies, so fingers crossed you get that one.
  • mrskezza
    mrskezza Posts: 27 Forumite
    Options
    Im guessing they have taken his application from when he left i.e. start processing it from April as they don't normally start the ball rolling until you have left.

I have put down dorset, oxford and wiltshire which are all priority sites according to the spreadsheet but who knows. Now though because my medical has expired by nhs doc has had to do a new medical again which i have to send back to glasgow and they also need another copy of my leavers cert. Im starting to think this is abit of a joke as they should already have all this information.

Im going in the AFCO Thursday so will see what they say this time. I normally ring them every 3 weeks not that they can do alot but least i am nagging.

I have found not a bad job on civi street but will prob get laid off after xmas so just looking to join mpgs for abit of security and all the benefits you get with being in the army.:rotfl:

MissKitty wrote: »
    He applied in January but didn't leave the army till the middle of April. We're looking for anywhere in Suffolk as a first choice then Essex as a second. I'm not sure if there are any priority sites in those regions?

Hubby and I were just talking today and wondering if he went to his AFCO and said he would go anywhere just to get in would it speed up the process?

It would mean him living in a single block and we only see him when we can, as we own/live in our own home so not looking for a quarter. Not what we really want but we have been doing that for the last 3 years of his career anyway so it's not new to us.
  • MissKitty
    MissKitty Posts: 89 Forumite
    Options
    geord925 wrote: »
    Called Careers office 2 weeks ago, told the same old story... they aint heard anything. Managed to get work as a door supervisor for the olympics in london or newcastle through GS4. So hopefully will have a few months work to tide me over:j
    Good luck with your Olympics job, hope it all goes well.

I cant believe how tough it is for such decent people with an army background to get a half decent job. It may take many years for things to get better on the job front, so hang on guys and girls something good will come up eventually.
  • MissKitty
    MissKitty Posts: 89 Forumite
    Options
    Jud546 wrote: »
    Oh, and here's a link for the locations page:

Www.army.mod.uk/agc/provost/2291.aspx

A quick look shows RAF Honnington and Wattisham as both being priority sites in Suffolk and Honnington having vacancies, so fingers crossed you get that one.

Thanks so much for posting your links JUD546, they are much appreciated.

I have seen them before but they may be useful to others on here. The only problem is they haven't updated them since January so you don't know if the situation is still the same.

It's just a waiting game now.

Just think of those few people in Glasgow who have to process the mountain of applications for the MPGS, it's probably never ending and might get even worse with all these redundancies going on. It will keep them busy for a few years to come!!
  • mrskezza
    Options
    Went AFCO today to hand in my medical as i have just been just over a year and Glasgow have requested a new medical. Turns out that they requested a new medical because they offered me a posting and my AFCO emailed them back saying i wouldn't be interested in that posting without even asking!!!!

I'm not happy at all!!

He just assumed i wouldn't be interested as i didn't put that location down. The location in question is just down the road from me so i would of taken it so now he has emailed them to ask them if it's still available and if so i will take it.

It's ridiculous!! In the past week i have been asked by them whether i want to re join the army not the MPGS and today was whether i wanted to do the TA aswell as the MPGS as apprantly you can do that?!

It's turning into a joke!

I will await a response but i will be giving them weekly calls now not monthly.
  • Jud546
    Options
    Mrskezza,

Strewth mate, not a lot I can say to that. Seems like whoever is supposed to be looking after you at the AFCO is an incompetent buffoon. How long ago did he turn that offer down on your behalf?
    I understand your anger, but Unfortunately I don't think there's a lot you can do about it other than voice your frustration and keep closer tabs on them. Fingers crossed for you that you get a decent closure on it sooner rather than later. Good luck.
  • mrskezza
    Options
    He turned it down last week so who knows just have to wait until next week now.
    Jud546 wrote: »
    Mrskezza,

Strewth mate, not a lot I can say to that. Seems like whoever is supposed to be looking after you at the AFCO is an incompetent buffoon. How long ago did he turn that offer down on your behalf?
    I understand your anger, but Unfortunately I don't think there's a lot you can do about it other than voice your frustration and keep closer tabs on them. Fingers crossed for you that you get a decent closure on it sooner rather than later. Good luck.
  • Jim2509
    Options
    I feel for you mate, sounds like you fell foul to a buffoon like my AFCO was. In my case I applied in March 2010..heard sod all, after the first 3 months, moved house recently, phoned the AFCO up to update them on new address, to be told the bloke who was dealing with my application deleted my details off the system after one year?? I was furious, and I've had to re-apply. I reckon i'll be waiting another two years no doubt to get the job in the locations I want. I hope you get your posting soon.
    mrskezza wrote: »
    Went AFCO today to hand in my medical as i have just been just over a year and Glasgow have requested a new medical. Turns out that they requested a new medical because they offered me a posting and my AFCO emailed them back saying i wouldn't be interested in that posting without even asking!!!!

I'm not happy at all!!

He just assumed i wouldn't be interested as i didn't put that location down. The location in question is just down the road from me so i would of taken it so now he has emailed them to ask them if it's still available and if so i will take it.

It's ridiculous!! In the past week i have been asked by them whether i want to re join the army not the MPGS and today was whether i wanted to do the TA aswell as the MPGS as apprantly you can do that?!

It's turning into a joke!

I will await a response but i will be giving them weekly calls now not monthly.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure