Missy's spend £10 a week on groceries get the house sorted & hit this debt hard diary

Options

Comments

• HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Sorry to hear you're struggling missy.

Don't try to be perfect, just do a good enough job of everything and chunk it down as Wannabe suggests.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    pennywisepoundstupid Posts: 5,975 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 28 November 2017 at 8:15PM
    Options
    Stop, take a breath.

Break it down into smaller chunks and deal with one step at a time. Remembering to fit you time in there too.

Wise word once again WannabeFree.

I would write myself a list of what is a priority and needs to be dealt with now and what can be done this week/later.

Debt - are minimums being met? if so good don't worry about over paying, it is a stressful/spendy time of year. If not being met, then work out by how much and how you could make that money.

Running the house - again a list of what needs to be done, washing, tidy kitchen, just do the basics etc, try flylady!

Roo and school - can he pin point exactly what it is or is it just the time of year in school, I work in a primary school and I find that the children are very tired at this time of year, their routine is all over the place with all the different Christmas things and then they are hyped up because of Christmas.

Work - just take it one day at a time, again lists so your organised and know what needs doing.

Mothers guilt - Every single mum on here has cried and got stressed out and thought they were c*** and couldn't do it all and because your a good mum that would fight tooth and nail for your children you question yourself constantly. Remember you are amazing, you are nurturing your babies to grow up into kind considerate adults because you are a good mum doing the very best for your children. None of us get it right all the time and believe me those mums that look as though they have it all together really do have melt downs and stamp feet/shout and lose the plot.

Take care of yourself, it will all be ok in the end.x.
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • missymoo81
    missymoo81 Posts: 7,695 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 28 November 2017 at 2:17PM
    Options
    Thank you for being such a star penny wise, and thank you all for your lovely comments. Had a bit of a word with myself yesterday and managed to sort a few things out. I am going to volunteer at the school so I can put my mind at rest. Work I have chatted to my boss and I'm worrying about nothing, and OH has booked a couple of nights away for me and him for Thursday, with some vouchers we got for Christmas last year we forgot about! Going to use Tosco CLub vouchers for food, and going to wander into the city and see the Xmas lights and actually chill out! Can't wait! Just need to stop for a bit and recoup x
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    missymoo81 wrote: »
    Thank you for being such a star penny wise, and thank you all for your lovely comments. Had a bit of s word with myself yesterday and managed to sort a few things out. I am going to volunteer at the school so I can put my mind at rest. Work I have cheated go my boss and I'm worrying about nothing, and OH has booked a couple of nights away for me and him come Thursday, with some vouchers we got for Christmas last year we forgot about! Going to use Tosco CLub vouchers for food, and going to wander into the city and see the Xmas lights and actually chill out! Can't wait!

I'm glad your feeling more upbeat today, enjoy the nights away with your OH.x
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • missymoo81
    Options
    At work today. Getting sorted with Christmas. I'm wondering with the super markets will do their veg for 19p etc this year, does anyone know if it's likely? Talking of supermarket prices. My T3sco seems to have stopped value pasta and spaghetti!!!!! This is a massive blow as these are staples in our house!!! Going to go to aldi tomorrow and see if they have it, as next best option is twice as expensive and the same with my hair mousse! But that is 3 x more expensive!!!!!!

Nearly done getting all small ones presents, probably have about ten more stocking bits pyjama type things. Me and OH have set £100 budgets this year which I think is very sensible. We're having chicken not turkey for Christmas dinner as we prefer it and it's cheaper. Oh and in other news, submitted a meter reading and our elec/gas has gone down to £38 per month!!! Which on a big house is great news!!!
    Got some stuff to send back and some stuff to go to the charity shop tomorrow. Have found an Xmas novel for 99p on my kindle so happy about that too. Getting there I think!
    Promise to catch up on threads later x
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    You're doing well Missy x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • redofromstart
    Options
    I am really impressed with £38 a month - mine is £125! When SS moves out it will drop back to £95 :cool:

Its hard to guess on the super cheap veg, think it was a big loss leader last year but as soon as one did it the other cheap ones followed.

Value spaghetti - Lidls is 20p, not sure about Aldi. Try wilkos for the mousse?
  • missymoo81
    Options
    I am really impressed with £38 a month - mine is £125! When SS moves out it will drop back to £95 :cool:

Its hard to guess on the super cheap veg, think it was a big loss leader last year but as soon as one did it the other cheap ones followed.

Value spaghetti - Lidls is 20p, not sure about Aldi. Try wilkos for the mousse?

Thank you! I was happy with the £38, but we have woodburners downstairs for the heat, so probably spent about £240 a year on logs too. So works out at £20per month, but then that's only £58a my th all together. The heating is on for an hour in the morning and in the evening upstairs and the water is solar heated, which can be overridden if not hot enough. We also try and make use of the solar power for dishwasher and washing machine etc. The woodburner is good as we cook on it too and my tea monster habit is happy as endless boiling kettles. Think that's why we manage to keep it so low. To be honest, if I was better at switching the lights off etc, it would probably be less!!!

Thanks for the info re spaghetti, going to go to aldi or lidl and stock up!

X
  • missymoo81
    Options
    Ok well I'm sorting today, trying to declutter a little before Xmas. I have too many clothes, far far too many, I need to stop buying them! Am almost sorted for Xmas, just a few presents to go! Have most of the food in and drinks, am struggling to stick to any sort of budget at the minute but will just concentrate on trying to keep costs as low as possible without putting an amount to it. Right, need to hang up clothes!
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,288 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Glad to see you back and posting after a bit of a hiccup :)
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport