Outfox The Market Direct Debit changes

Options

Comments

• techno12
    techno12 Posts: 720 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Just wanted to say I've finally left them, and the £20 they owed me was paid into my bank today.

This was 7 working days after they produced the final bill.

All went pretty smoothly, as I've mentioned before, apart from them taking a DD after I'd left (so contacted the bank to do an indemnity thing).

Hoping Utility Point works out ok, as, like Outfox, they're far far cheaper than any other provider for my usage and area - almost too good to be true.
  • SPOWER
    SPOWER Posts: 283 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi. I just done a search for cheaper electricity. Outfox the Market quoted me £18 for April-October and £42 for the reat of the year. I thought this policy had been reversed?
  • Philycheesesteak
    Options
    I switched a couple of months ago, paid what I owed and they're saying I ran up a bill of £50 for the final week before Octopus transferred.

My complaints have fallen on deaf ears. I've taken up with OFGEM and even if they don't get me any compensation it will cost them that in staff time. If anyone has any doubt check trustpilot they're really poor. Octopus on the other hand excellent customer service and their referral scheme is brilliant!
  • dprice8893
    Options
    Over nine weeks after switching away from OFTM, they have finally paid me and settled the account.

Absolutely the worst company I have ever dealt with.
  • swindiff
    Options
    I completed my switch away from them on the 12th December and cancelled my direct debit knowing I would owe them a small amount rather than them take double what my existing DD was originally putting me over £100 in credit which would have taken an age to get back. Just got my final bill this morning for £21.13 which I have now paid. So it took them 10 weeks to sort out my final bill, well shot of them.
  • Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    (bearing in mind we're now in February 2019 and I switched away in December 2018):
    Them: Your new supplier will send us your readings once you have switched away. On the way, the readings go through the electricity and gas industries to be validated. Your old supplier (Outfox the Market in this case) can take up to 4 - 6 weeks to produce their final bill, if you haven’t received it after this time, please get in touch. Once the final bill has been produced we will then refund any credit on the account 14 days after the final bill has been issued.

Me: Um, pardon me but I switched away two months ago, you should have had them by now.

Them: Can take 4-6 weeks

Me: We're already at eight weeks, not six. You should have had them by now and I shouldn't have to be chasing you eight weeks down the line.

Them: I am sorry in regards to the delay, I will chase up on this

I'll give them to the end of the month and then follow the complaints emailed posted above if no bill has been generated.
  • hubb
    hubb Posts: 2,482 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    They told me on 7/2 that my refund will be sent to my bank. 22/2 and still no refund.

I contacted them and they said this in chat (very long gaps between answers from them)

Refund was accepted already on 14/02/2019. You’ll usually get your refund within fourteen calendar days of your request being accepted following an assessment. We’ll pay it into the bank account you use for your direct debit.

Are they stalling or is this normal ?
  • jk0
    jk0 Posts: 3,479 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    hubb wrote: »
    They told me on 7/2 that my refund will be sent to my bank. 22/2 and still no refund.

I contacted them and they said this in chat (very long gaps between answers from them)

Refund was accepted already on 14/02/2019. You’ll usually get your refund within fourteen calendar days of your request being accepted following an assessment. We’ll pay it into the bank account you use for your direct debit.

Of course, it's stalling.

It's exactly the sort of nonsense Economy Energy came out with before they folded.
  • LittleMax
    LittleMax Posts: 1,406 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    SPOWER wrote: »
    Hi. I just done a search for cheaper electricity. Outfox the Market quoted me £18 for April-October and £42 for the reat of the year. I thought this policy had been reversed?

I think only for existing customers - they did not give sufficient notice of the change in contract. New contracts would be different.
    techno12 wrote: »
    Hoping Utility Point works out ok, as, like Outfox, they're far far cheaper than any other provider for my usage and area - almost too good to be true.

Me too - just filling in my forms with UP now. I have requested a refund of my credit balance from Outfox and cancelled my DDM, so hopefully even if they don't do the credit I will have used up my remaining credit before I leave. Was an interesting web chat yesterday tried lots of ways to convince me I shouldn't request the credit refund!
  • dprice8893
    Options
    hubb wrote: »

They quoted me 10 working days and on the tenth, when they hadn't paid me I phoned them. They agreed to credit my account that day and that's what happened.

It's fairly quick to get them on the phone these days, presumably because most of their customers have left.

I can't imagine OFTM gaining new customers because of the way they've behaved and the resulting bad publicity. I presume customers on fixed tariffs may hang on to the bitter end.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure