Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search

Results: Was this tip useful to you?

Yes

83.33% • 5 votes

No

16.67% • 1 votes

You may not vote on this poll

6 votes in total.

Page 4
  • roaming_rhino
    airport parking
    Hi

we have used http://www.aph.com/offers a few times at different airports around the UK and the service is excellent . You drop off your car , they then take you by mini-bus or coach to the drop off point at your terminal and then pick you up upon return and take you to your car

Highly recommend them

rhino
    Help enough people get what they want and you will automatically get what you want
  • kahunahen
    Manchester Airport Parking
    Get a quote from this company who are located very close to the perimeter of the airport. Only a 5-10 minute shuttle service to the terminal entrance.

http://www.skyparksecure.com/

Very competitive compared to the long stay airport car parking fees.
    • nearlyrich
    • By nearlyrich 9th Feb 05, 12:15 AM
    • 13,335 Posts
    • 16,542 Thanks
    nearlyrich
    We have used skyparksecure but it's a while ago,maybe 2 years, they were fine. It says 26 for a week on their website which is really cheap for Manchester Airport. We now tend to get a lift of a family member and offer the same service for them as a taxi is about 50 from here.
    Free impartial debt advice from: National Debtline or Stepchange[/CENTER]
    • paul2louise
    • By paul2louise 10th Feb 05, 1:46 PM
    • 1,949 Posts
    • 717 Thanks
    paul2louise
    stanstead airport parking
    I have tried broxted park for a quote for parking from friday to sunady anfd it is 19.50. I tried the mobile number listed but it appears not to be working does anyone else have a direct number

I have made enquiries about Mountfichet rail station and it appears it costs about a 1.00-1.50 a day to park and you can park over a weekend.
    Has anyone used this method. Is the carpark secure. Does it get full. It is only 5 mins from stanstead airport.
  • paul45
    Gatwick Parking - CTS Holdings
    Just been quoted 40 by CTS Holdings to have the car taken away from the terminal at Gatwick and delivered back when the flight due in a week later, no hassle with bus transfers/heaving luggage in and out twice and seems reasonably cheap, any other MSE's used these guys before?

Paul45
  • applehead
    Have not got a code, but I always use this place if it helps :-

http://www.a1tourism.com/uk/oldchaffmill.html
  • Shawz
    Airport Parking
    Can anyone recommend any cheap & secure airport parking for Heathrow and Gatwick ?
    Looking to raise some money
    • grumbler
    • By grumbler 23rd Feb 05, 12:01 PM
    • 51,925 Posts
    • 22,027 Thanks
    grumbler
    It is worth looking troughTHIS THREAD
    We are born naked, wet and hungry...Then things get worse.

.withdrawal, NOT withdrawel ..bear with me, NOT bare with me
    .definitely, NOT definately ......separate, NOT seperate
    should have, NOT should of
    .....guaranteed, NOT guarenteed
  • Shawz
    It is worth looking troughTHIS THREAD
    by grumbler
    Thanks grumbler
    Looking to raise some money
  • Baz_Bee
    I used a company called Parking Un-Limited at Gatwick booked via Holiday Extras. They offered collect car at terminal keep in secure compound and return it to me at the terminal upon my return. Used similar service before and saves lot of hassle with shuttle buses etc.

They were there to meet us and examined car for any damage etc before taking it away. On our return they arrived back with car about 10 mins after I had phoned them. Car had dent in it! Pointed it out and driver confirmed no damage there when he picked it up and said the company would pay for repairs.

That was all in early December 2004. Since then have been trying to get them to take responsibility for their actions and pay for the damage. I am still waiting nearly 3 months later. Draw your own conclusions when deciding who to use for parking!
  • donnie_darko
    There is an interesting article in the saturday telegraph by gill charlton. She suggests instead of paying for hotel and parking, hire a car one way. eg collect from the nearest base and drop off at your chosen airport. You obviuosly have to come back too so i am going to price this up and will let MSE know the cost.
    The best work is the cheapest as the quality remains long after the price is forgotten
  • dud52221
    airport parking
    Has anyone used purpleparking.co.uk this site ssems to offer very cheap parking...i have booked 10 days in May for bham airport and its cost me 14.00...admittidely it is about 15 mins away from the airport but they do offer the usual free transfers 24 hrs a day....would be intrested to hear if anyone has used this company before.
    Last edited by dud52221; 02-03-2005 at 7:03 PM.
    ged71
    • P2TKL
    • By P2TKL 4th Mar 05, 10:26 AM
    • 1,679 Posts
    • 10,950 Thanks
    P2TKL
    Anyone know of cheap parking at Southampton docks ? We are off on a cruise.
  • fruitbat
    Parking at Gatwick
    Have just booked with www.tudorrose.co.uk for a fortnight's parking at Gatwick - 60 compared to 78 with aa discount as the next cheapest, and all the main websites were 85-90. Unlike the main websites this price doesn't increase nearer your departure date.
    Will come back and let you know how they were.
    • Fortyfoot
    • By Fortyfoot 9th Mar 05, 12:14 PM
    • 1,872 Posts
    • 916 Thanks
    Fortyfoot
    Nottingham - East Midlands
    Hi there,
    we have just used the Thistle Hotel at Nottingham East Midlands and they were fantastic. Great hotel and breakfast. Only 30 minutes from getting off the plane to driving off in my car. Thanks Thistle.
    Fortyfoot
  • alandelux
    We leave our car at a small car park, run by a bloke from his own home about 7 minutes away from Stansted. He has a secure high-fenced lock-up area and transfers to and from the terminals are included in the price, which is 5 a day.

I have no connections with this man, other than being a customer. Send me a PM if you want his details.

Addy.
    by Addy
    Hello I would like to know more about this man and his car park. It will save me a fortune. Whats his details etc please.

Regards alandeluxe
    • Backbiter
    • By Backbiter 13th Mar 05, 6:48 PM
    • 1,347 Posts
    • 781 Thanks
    Backbiter
    Has anyone used purpleparking.co.uk this site ssems to offer very cheap parking...i have booked 10 days in May for bham airport and its cost me 14.00...admittidely it is about 15 mins away from the airport but they do offer the usual free transfers 24 hrs a day....would be intrested to hear if anyone has used this company before.
    by dud52221
    Have used Purple Parking at Heathrow - excellent service. Highly recommended.
  • swanhse
    ssssssssssssssssss
  • Orea Pink
    If you buy your parking from holidayextra using greasypalm you can get 3.5% cashback.
  • Addy
    We leave our car at a small car park, run by a bloke from his own home about 7 minutes away from Stansted. He has a secure high-fenced lock-up area and transfers to and from the terminals are included in the price, which is 5 a day.

I have no connections with this man, other than being a customer. Send me a PM if you want his details.

Addy.
    by Addy

Hello I would like to know more about this man and his car park. It will save me a fortune. Whats his details etc please.

Regards alandeluxe
    by alandelux
    Just to confirm, I'm still happy to pass details on via PM to anybody interested in using this guy. I don't monitor this thread, so please do PM me.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

132Posts Today

2,234Users online

Martin's Twitter