Great Cheap Airport Parking Hunt merged threads

Options

Comments

• kahunahen
    Options
    Get a quote from this company who are located very close to the perimeter of the airport. Only a 5-10 minute shuttle service to the terminal entrance.

http://www.skyparksecure.com/

Very competitive compared to the long stay airport car parking fees.
  • nearlyrich
    nearlyrich Posts: 13,698 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Hung up my suit!
    Options
    We have used skyparksecure but it's a while ago,maybe 2 years, they were fine. It says £26 for a week on their website which is really cheap for Manchester Airport. We now tend to get a lift of a family member and offer the same service for them as a taxi is about £50 from here.
    Free impartial debt advice from: National Debtline or Stepchange[/CENTER]
  • paul2louise
    paul2louise Posts: 2,426 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have tried broxted park for a quote for parking from friday to sunady anfd it is £19.50. I tried the mobile number listed but it appears not to be working does anyone else have a direct number

I have made enquiries about Mountfichet rail station and it appears it costs about a £1.00-£1.50 a day to park and you can park over a weekend.
    Has anyone used this method. Is the carpark secure. Does it get full. It is only 5 mins from stanstead airport.
  • paul45_2
    Options
    Just been quoted £40 by CTS Holdings to have the car taken away from the terminal at Gatwick and delivered back when the flight due in a week later, no hassle with bus transfers/heaving luggage in and out twice and seems reasonably cheap, any other MSE's used these guys before?

Paul45
  • applehead_3
    Options
    Have not got a code, but I always use this place if it helps :-

http://www.a1tourism.com/uk/oldchaffmill.html
  • Shawz
    Shawz Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    Options
    Can anyone recommend any cheap & secure airport parking for Heathrow and Gatwick ?
    Looking to raise some money ;)
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    It is worth looking troughTHIS THREAD
  • Shawz
    Shawz Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    Options
    grumbler wrote:
    It is worth looking troughTHIS THREAD

Thanks grumbler
    Looking to raise some money ;)
  • Baz_Bee_2
    Options
    I used a company called Parking Un-Limited at Gatwick booked via Holiday Extras. They offered collect car at terminal keep in secure compound and return it to me at the terminal upon my return. Used similar service before and saves lot of hassle with shuttle buses etc.

They were there to meet us and examined car for any damage etc before taking it away. On our return they arrived back with car about 10 mins after I had phoned them. Car had dent in it! Pointed it out and driver confirmed no damage there when he picked it up and said the company would pay for repairs.

That was all in early December 2004. Since then have been trying to get them to take responsibility for their actions and pay for the damage. I am still waiting nearly 3 months later. Draw your own conclusions when deciding who to use for parking!
  • donnie_darko_3
    Options
    There is an interesting article in the saturday telegraph by gill charlton. She suggests instead of paying for hotel and parking, hire a car one way. eg collect from the nearest base and drop off at your chosen airport. You obviuosly have to come back too so i am going to price this up and will let MSE know the cost.
    The best work is the cheapest as the quality remains long after the price is forgotten
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure