PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread Pick'n'Mix 13th October 2019

Options

Comments

• Natty68
    Natty68 Posts: 3,338 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Dog walked, 40 mins around the neighbourhood and park. That was definately longer than I have done in the past..lol Said hello to four people, including our postman :) I must be Ill...lol

Had a phone assessment regarding referral to my local mental health team. In two minds about that..we'll see.

Now having a cuppa before going up the village for my meds and the drs.

Xx
    Mortgage Free as of 20.9.17
    Declutter challenge 2023, 2024 🏅 🏅⭐️⭐️
    DH declutter challenge award 🏅⭐️
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,854 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Cat been to the vet, it seems he may have a heart murmur, he was very stressed, with his heart racing according to the vet, I'm not really surprised as he hates going in the car, I have to feed him with his food up on a small platform, so plastic dish upside down with his food on top and solved that, and monitor him....................get him home, he promptly started to eat, and then he has gone to sleep, if he was stressed is isn't now.

WM finished, TD pressed into action for the first time this year.

For me, yes to pick and mix

No, to Christmas cards, 1. I won't be here, 2. having a very low key Christmas this year, as it will be a year since my father passed. No presents this year, all monies that would have been spent is off to Air Ambulance in his memory, sorry if this upsets anyone.
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,086 Forumite
    edited 15 October 2019 at 9:31AM
    Options
    I'm in for the Christmas cards, and totally understand why you're supporting Air Ambulance instead, Kazwookie - it doesn't upset me at all, knowing that some good will come of losing your father.

Bathroom swished and swiped, shower room prepped for guest arriving today or tomorrow, and OH has finished putting up a set of shelves in the other letting room that have been knocking around for [STRIKE]weeks[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]months[/STRIKE] years. At last.

Dishwasher unloaded, washing up put away, kitchen tidied, hob and sink cleaned, floor swept and washed, things tidied generally. Airlock vacuummed. Spent about two hours scrubbing and cleaning the front steps, which were minging. I feel quite virtuous, because that job is horrible and very hard work. They look better, but I can't get rid of the stains left by sycamore keys. I'll try bleach eventually because nothing else gets rid of the brown marks.
    Better is good enough.
  • BadCat18
    BadCat18 Posts: 1,042 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hi all

Another vote here for the pick and mix. I so rarely stick to the list anyway as it very much depends on what I have time for so it suits me.

Sorry I’m another no for Xmas cards, for a number of years now I have just been donating to charity instead of sending cards...

Flying update
    Dailies done
    Danced through the house with a bin bag and then sprinted out to the bin with it in between downpours!
    Oven cleaner is on and doing it’s thing, will clean off shortly
    Quick vac of stairs done, fluffy cats fault!

I’m supposed to be going out this evening, weather is awful and I don’t really feel like it. Naughty of me but I am hoping it’s going to be cancelled, should know within the next couple of hours.

Hope you are all ok and staying dry x
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,023 Forumite
    Options
    Bathroom
    Level 1
    Polish mirror, shower screen
    Wipe shower cubicle out
    Level 2
    Clean loo
    Level 3
    vacuum floors
    Clean mats

Kitchen/dining room
    Level 1
    Clear sides and wipe down
    Level 2
    Wipe down all cupboard and drawer fronts, not forgetting handles and tops and bottom as well as fronts!
    Clean hob
    Sort fridge and wipe seals; weave stuff that needs using up into your meal plan
    Level 3
    Pick a cupboard or a drawer; empty it, clean it out and put back its contents tidily
    Sweep/mop/vacuum floor

Master Bedroom
    Level 1
    Level 2
    Vacuum, sweep or mop floor
    Empty bin
    Level 3

Living room
    Level 1
    Empty out any rubbish
    Level 2
    Dust electricals
    Level 3
    vacuum floor

Kids room
    Level one
    Open widows .. Any widow in particular or just a random one? lol
    Level 2
    Clean window
    Level 3

Wipe mirrors
    Vacuum floor
    Daily little tasks that keep the whole house running smoothly
    S&S kitchen
    S&S bathroom
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,023 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you for Fred.

So.. My shower is leaking, the chimney breast in the back room is trashed and needs replastering becuase it is a mess.. The rising damp guy said it is condensation and needed a barrier behind the plaster and the plasterer said it is rising damp.. I made a group chat on FB with the two of them, they've been battling it out for 5 months.. and the rubber washer needs replacing in the inlet pipe to the washer.. my kitchen is flooded.

My cousin died on the 27th September (Funeral on 23rd Oct... can't go.. win!)

Prescription collected, Money put in bank.. I hadn't counted it, thats what the machine is for, machine jammed so the whole machine had to be stripped and cleaned and 'cashed up'.. haha!! .. Took Meems glasses to be repaired.. Did not have a hangover in spite of the half a bottle of vodka I necked last night..

Twinkle has an awful cough so drinking loads so of course wet the bed last night. I have one functional washer and Boog brought the bag of washing from her room.. Joy.

OH loaded the DW 4 times.. it needs doing again now, but he has girls to wash before he does anything kitcheny.

My head still hurts, I'd have thought a trapped nerve would be improving by now.. maybe it is not a fake tumour/aneurysm/haematoma..
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    Ugh. Walked in to find another [strike]noise making[/strike] songwriting session going on.

Bored with this now.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • NannyAnnie
    Options
    Had quite a productive day despite being awake at stupid o`clock as DH has man flu and kept me awake with his coughing.

Vacuumed throughout though still need to pull furniture out.
    S&S both kitchen and bathroom.
    WM put on. Clothes washed, dried, ironed and put away.
    All done before 11am as I had a carer`s assessment. Was difficult trying to describe what I actually
    do to care for DH every day.

Sorted out mum`s hospital appointment for tomorrow.
    Decluttered to storage boxes in the bedroom.
    Did virtually everything in the bathroom.
    Just need to clean the tiles and lift the shower tray on DH`s disabled shower.
    Have to lift it with a claw hammer to get rid of the gunk underneath it and clean round the drain.

If only I was better organised with our meal planning
    Swimming not drowning
  • roundtuit
    roundtuit Posts: 4,042 Forumite
    Options
    Hello :wave:

Today I've:

made my bed
    had a shower, washed my hair, got dressed
    made pack up lunch
    fed the birds
    put out recycling
    full day's paid stuff
    ordered repeat prescription
    paid the rent
    posted a letter
    topped up phone
    had coffee with DS's dad

And, this evening, whilst tea was cooking I:
    WUDUPA pans and frying pan
    soaked, then WUDUPA two baking trays
    put 6 cartons of milk in to the cupboard
    washed the bottom of the washing up bowl :eek:
    removed labels from and and rinsed 8 plastic drinks bottles
    rinsed 2 cans to be recycled
    knotted kitchen bin bag and left by back door
    (not taken anything outside as it's tipping down out there!)

That's me done for the day!

Rxx
    IT ONLY TAKES SMALL DAILY ACTIONS
    FOR MAGIC TO HAPPEN
    Rosemary Ikpeme
    :D
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Evening all, I've had a epic 'out of the house' day with Pickle whilst hubby stripped the living room skirting boards - hmmm I suspect I'd have got more done in the time he had, but never mind! I will see if I have time Wednesday or Thursday to do it.

I have:
    Done the washing
    Hung 1 load up (need to do the second when I'm done here)
    Tidied round, cooked the tea, cleared up the kitchen, reset as best I can.

Tomorrow - paid stuff!

Night all.

Wish.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport