PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread Pick'n'Mix 13th October 2019

Options

Comments

• ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,426 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 14 October 2019 at 11:54PM
    Options
    Evening all.

Thank you, Natty - I'm up for the Christmas card swap too. I don't think it matters if there are only a few people taking part. To my mind, there's something very special about receiving handwritten greetings from virtual friends, and I know that my kitchen windowsill would look very bare without any Flylady cards. But if other people prefer not to spend on cards and maybe make a charitable donation instead, please don't worry that you will upset the rest of us - you won't. Each of us has our own good reasons.

I have had two very bad nights with pain in my legs, so ended up getting a GP appointment this morning, as a result of which I then spent a further hour waiting to see one of the vampires at the hospital. Now awaiting the blood test results and dosed up on painkillers. I really hope they find out what's causing it. DH and I are a right pair of old crocks :(

Not much flying achieved, but I did
    - clear one bit of admin
    - S&S bathroom
    - FUPA more of DH's pullovers
    - deadhead the autumn cyclamen that are still waiting to be planted out
    - call at the CS and hand over two bags of bits'n'bobs
    - declutter a couple of hours' zzz on the sofa
    - take Rosie for her walk (we were lucky to get out and back between the heavier showers)
    - put pork in the SC to simmer overnight
    - back up all my computer files
    - run a virus scan - all clear :)
    - start meal planning for DH's 3-day low-residue diet over next weekend.

Now to dose up on parrots again, then off to bed. G'night all x
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning all

Quick post from me, heading to work shortly. Laundry over heated airer, BiL calling in to walk dog whilst I'm out which is a huge help. Need to be at church for two hours tonight for kiddies school thing...

Have fab days all xx
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,426 Forumite
    Options
    Two days ago I swapped my digital alarm clock for one that DH had in his man cave, as it was easier to see the time with an easily operated screen light and also to set/stop the alarm. This morning I woke up after only 5 hours' sleep because of the relentless ticking which has the same effect on me as a dripping shower or the fire doors' beeping in the hospital - like Chinese water torture. Cue cuppa (decaff so that I could get back off to sleep again). And while in the kitchen I remembered to turn off the SC.

Carried tea back up to bed. 2 minutes later Rosie appeared, wanting to be let out into the garden. Trudged downstairs again, let her out. She barked at something and kept trying to get me to investigate. It turned out to be a hedgehog - very welcome in my garden! - which Rosie had probably mistaken for a new football and got her nose scratched on the prickles :rotfl:

Back upstairs as fast as I could (not fast) to pick up my phone, to get a photo as proof. By the time I got back down again (not fast) Mrs Tiggywinkle had disappeared into the undergrowth. Sad but happy, IYSWIM ;)

All that meant that I couldn't get back off to sleep again...

Today's list:
    - Turn up 2 pairs of winter trousers
    - Clean bathroom
    - Clean kitchen
    - Dust and hoover all through, as much as possible.
    - Care home visit
    - Plant up patio pots, if the rain stays away as predicted
    - Rosie's walk
    - Watch GBBO

Hope everyone has a good day - (((hugs))) spoons and sticks to all in need x
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,894 Forumite
    Options
    Good morning all

Thank you for the threads, I’ll do what I can this week. Sorry to have been mia. It’s been a horrible weekend, but we’re all still here, just all mentally fragile.

Natty - I’m with Ionafan on the Christmas card swap, but also I won’t have a tantrum if the majority wish to stop the swap.

(Hugs) and sticks all round as needed. I’m afraid that I’m keeping the spoons to myself for the moment. Hopefully back later in a more positive frame of mind. X
  • BadCat18
    BadCat18 Posts: 1,042 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Morning all

Forgot to post again yesterday, can’t remember what I did but I definitely cleaned the oven!!! Yay!

Feeling washed out this morning, I slept for quite a long time but had some very weird dreams which kept waking me up. Just having a slow cuppa and will then start paid stuff.

Not a clue what’s on my list today, lots of meetings to get through so it may be a late one. I’ve started a load in the WM and put the dishes away. Dailies will be done later on.

Have a lovely day all. Hugs to those in need x
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,081 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    ionafan wrote: »
    Thank you, Natty - I'm up for the Christmas card swap too. I don't think it matters if there are only a few people taking part. To my mind, there's something very special about receiving handwritten greetings from virtual friends, and I know that my kitchen windowsill would look very bare without any Flylady cards. But if other people prefer not to spend on cards and maybe make a charitable donation instead, please don't worry that you will upset the rest of us - you won't. Each of us has our own good reasons.

^^^ Wot she said. Healing vibes for you, Ionafan. Lucky you with the hedgehog.

(((Hugs))) Fayolle.

Today I am going to deal with my ongoing Room of Doom. That is all.
    Better is good enough.
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    I managed to go to sleep by about 9pm. So Himself would have emerged at some point to find I was 'gone'.

Went into work, did my two hours before I could leave for the hospital, now sitting very bored in resolutely uncomfortable seating whilst property profit and dodgy claims investigation programmes are sapping away any will to live that still remained.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,778 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    course attended. I'm now on planning time but I'm having my lunch. And washing up...
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,842 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Volunteering done
    HM soup eaten for lunch
    General stuff to do this afternoon
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • beebuzz168
    Options
    I'm still here, though lurking at the moment as manic week at work means flying is taking a bit of a back seat.

I'm still doing my To Do List Bingo though and have filled it with things that make me happy this week as I think I need a bit of a pick me up - so I'm going for a run this afternoon, will start a book on my work flight tomorrow morning (3.30am alarm call, ugh) and am just generally having a week of taking care of myself.

Love the pick and mix approach though, it suits my style of cleaning as well.

Bx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport