PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

Options

Comments

• purpleybat
    Options
    I've taken some Venison sausages out of the freezer for tea tonight, (one of those random Christmas food purchases lol) any suggestions on what to have with them please? We've got the usual things in the cupboard, potaotes, carrots, onions, etc and I'm popping to Aldi on my way home so could pick up something if needed. Thanks

i found some venison sausages in my freezer last week (a y/s crimble purchase) and as I wasn't overly fond of the first pack I had I decided to casserole these with mushrooms, bacon, carrots and onions, all had with buttery mash. much nicer than plain I thought.
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Defrosted from turkey bolognese, with some LO pasta, whacked in a few chopped cherry toms, some frozen spinach and covered with grated cheese. Was rather nice, and cleared two more tubs from the freezer (though I did add some fish in breadcrumbs into it today - whoops)
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• jaredlt
    Options
    Chicken & Chorizo Jambalaya from BBC Good Food. Absolutely delicious. The icing on the cake is that you just throw everything in one pot and leave it for half and hour, then it's done! I actually just tried a veggie version. Threw a whole bunch of veggies (tomatoes, courgette, mushrooms, peppers) in without the meat and it still tastes fantastic.
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,091 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've taken some Venison sausages out of the freezer for tea tonight, (one of those random Christmas food purchases lol) any suggestions on what to have with them please? We've got the usual things in the cupboard, potaotes, carrots, onions, etc and I'm popping to Aldi on my way home so could pick up something if needed. Thanks
    They are lovely braised with brown or green lentils, onions and root veg:)
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,091 Forumite
    Options
    Cauli cheese, baked spud and peas/runner beans
  • VintageHistorian
    Options
    Gnocchi bake!
    "You won't bloom until you're planted" - Graffiti spotted in Newcastle.

Always try to be nice, but never fail to be kind - Doctor Who

Total overpayments in 2021 - £901.28!
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,511 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Chicken thighs in a white wine and herb sauce, steamed broccoli with mash for the men
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • C_J
    C_J Posts: 3,040 Forumite
    Options
    Tonight I am making Spicy Sausage Pilaf, and will probably add some chopped red and green peppers and sliced chestnut mushrooms to it.
  • hatful-of-hollow
    Options
    Tonight we'll be having boneless chicken thighs in a creamy mushroom and garlic sauce - I made it in the SC the other day using Campbells condensed mushroom soup, onions, garlic and a punnet of chestnut mushrooms (aldi super 6 this week). We'll have this with mini rosemary roast potatoes, carrot batons and mange tout.
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Tonight's fare was beans, beetroot, toast for OH (his choice)

I had beef casserole, petit pois and a yorkie pud - all foraged from the freezer.

We have a big tart thing that we got from Cook! before Xmas that i want to use at the weekend - the box is taking up too much space and doing my head in.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport