PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

Options

Comments

• joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Will be making a leek and potato soup for lunch. Tonight's dinner will be a HM chicken curry with rice.
  • purpleybat
    purpleybat Posts: 477 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Witless wrote: »
    Following the simplistic theme - stuffed liver wrapped in bacon, onions, mushrooms, potatoes & peas with a liberal addition of butter washed down with a glass of milk.

Tomorrow might be a chicken curry - I bought 2 packs of YS spicy cooked chicken thighs (£1.75 for 9 - weighs about the same as a full chicken) though if the munchies strike (it's the sort of evening when they could) there may well be a nibble while watching whatever film grabs my fancy followed by chicken sandwiches for supper.

this may be a silly question but how do you stuff liver? do you fry/bake it after? it sounds really nice and something i'd like to try.
    tonight we're having roast pork and all the bits, I found the pork in the freezer while making space for the leftovers from yesterday. a nice bonus to find stuff you've forgotten :D
  • suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm heading to Mrs Lws as all that sounds delicious:)

Head cook is back on duty today so it's a roast chicken dinner. It's a HUGE chicken, 3 kg, cost just £2 in the factory shop, will do a few days. I've also got some nice posh stuffing in the freezer from Christmas. Will do a cauliflower cheese and Brussels. Bit short on veg this week as there are none in the shops

I'm also going to make some macaroni cheese for my lunch boxes this week, a pot of vegetable soup for Mr Suki's flask and a pot of leek and potato for me and mum

Might even rustle up a cake as I'm coming down in eggs or a pavlova and lemon curd
  • hatful-of-hollow
    Options
    Well, I was planning a roast chicken dinner, but we haven't had a water supply since early this morning and it seems it may be some time before we get it back - multiple leaks in the local water mains apparently...and some of the leaks haven't even been located yet.

We do have some bottled water, but will need that for drinking and don't really want to use it to boil spuds or make gravy with.... Will see what the next couple of hours brings, we may be looking at beans on toast instead :(
  • dangerbadger
    dangerbadger Posts: 384 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Lunch was some HM leek and potato soup, which properly hit the spot.

I've had a rummage in the freezer and found some wraps, so we'll use them for pizzas tonight, and I'll have sweetcorn, tuna, peppers and onion on mine.
  • flubberyzing
    flubberyzing Posts: 1,386 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I wasn't particularly hungry last night, so it was just some lamb grill steaks from the freezer and a few frozen veg.

For tonight I've got some sausages out the freezer. Might cut them up and throw them in with some pesto pasta. For some reason my freezer seems full of sausages! I guess because they are always on a good YS offer in my supermarket!
    Because it's fun to have money!
    £0/£70 August GC
    £68.35/£70 July GC
    January-June 2019 = £356.94/£420
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    hatful I hope your water is restored soon. Do you still have snow? You could use that to boil veg?

Meeting friends at a Toby for dinner tonight, not 100% ideal with OH being a (fussy) veggie...they don't seem to get that not all vegetarians like mushrooms. Still I'm sure there'll be something on the menu for him to eat...or beans on toast when we get in :rotfl:
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Gem-gem
    Gem-gem Posts: 4,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Left over lasagne share with hubby for lunch.

Dinner - hubby has requested chicken curry- feel too lazy to make it from scratch so I will be using one of my two emergency jars. Having it with rice, ys samosa and ys onion bahji ( not sure of the spelling!).
    Save 12K in 2026 no 16
    Fashion on a ration 0/66 coupons
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,091 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Braised then roasted pork belly slices, baby potatoes, savoy cabbage and broccoli
  • hatful-of-hollow
    Options
    kerri_gt wrote: »
    hatful I hope your water is restored soon. Do you still have snow? You could use that to boil veg?

No sign of the water returning - and no snow to be seen either - it all disappeared this morning. Local shop has sold out of water as well ... Never mind, it'll be beans on toast for dinner and hopefully roast chicken tomorrow. :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback