PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

Options

Comments

• metherer
    metherer Posts: 560 Forumite
    Options
    We had homemade fish fingers with chips and peas this evening. The fish was cod, egged then rolled in breadcrumbs which had oregano, salt, and pepper in. I served it with a lemon pepper mayonnaise.

Making up for last night - we had a takeaway curry and by heck it was lovely.
    Not heavily in debt, but still trying to sort things out.
    Baby due July 2018.
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,097 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Spag bol - quick meal as the ragu was in the freezer
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Hatful hope you have water now x
    MrsLW positive news about an offer so quickly.

Well for lunch I ended up having a cheese sarnie, ate it too quickly and gave myself a tummy ache...serves me right.

So for dinner I had a bowl of the very green soup I made on Sat after yoga. I added some sweet corn to it and a drizzle of olive oil and lemon juice and it was actually ok. Will have a bowl for lunch tomorrow and prob Wed and I think that might be it. It's not too bad and I'm sure it's good for me (although tomorrow's forecast might be a tad windy with all those greens :eek::rotfl::o)

OH had tomato soup for dinner as I deduced when I got in from class, since I left before he got in from work.

Not a drop of snow left here, and the estate gardeners mowed over the last remains of a snowman when they did the grass today....bet that won't be in the JL 2018 Xmas advert :rotfl:
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    How I can even move I don't know lol

Lunch was a macaroni cheese and it was pretty large but I scoffed the lot and enjoyed every mouthful

Then tonight I had beef casserole and dumplings

Im sat on the sofa looking like a dumpling lololol

Still its bitterly cold and damp here so I needed it esp as I work in temps that are so low, I pop into the fridge for a warm up :)
  • JIL
    JIL Posts: 8,697 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I made Yorkshire puddings, husband had one I had three. I had a vege sausage, he had lived and bacon casserole from freezer with mashed potatoes, carrots and swede and green beans. I enjoyed every mouthful, with gravy.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Treat today as we're going to my favourite vegan restaurant at the old mill for lunch and supper this evening will be the very last of the broccoli and stilton soup with chicken for me and toast for He Who Knows. There will be a fat free yoghurt and some fresh fruit somewhere in the day too and of course that oh so important cup of coffee, Yummy!!!
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,713 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Some sort of lightly dusted fish (I have a choice of 2 in the freezer) with new potatoes and peas.
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,919 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    We're having KFC-style chicken with chips and hm coleslaw. Something quick as DH is on a later shift today.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • purpleybat
    purpleybat Posts: 477 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    i found some prawns in the freezer that I am defrosting for tonight's dinner.
    I did think some sort of rice dish but as yesterday's dinner was rice based, as is today's lunch to use up the leftovers, i'm not really fancying it again.
    my re-think is now pasta with said prawns, garlic, chilli and a few cherry tomatoes that are a little past their best.

am clearing space in freezer and using up lurking bits nicely now.
  • hatful-of-hollow
    Options
    Still no water supply here, well barely a dribble coming from the taps. Have managed to fill the kettle (took a while) and have made soup for lunch.

It's over 50 hours since the supply went off but there was an hour yesterday afternoon when we had a decent flow so I filled a few pans and we all managed to grab a quick shower before it went off again. We did get our roast chicken dinner but the washing up was challenging.

We've just been issued with 12 large bottles of water and told that the supply will return this afternoon. Here's hoping as my washing basket is overflowing :rotfl:

Burger in a bun for dinner, with oven chips, just in case the water doesn't come back...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback