Get a grip woman!

Options

Comments

• Suffolk_lass
    Suffolk_lass Posts: 9,345 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I will look at what actually needs shredding/burning - but there are more than 20 crates to go through...

I have just surprised a snake in the garden, basking in the sun on the path to the greenhouse. I am not sure which of us was more surprised but it was much longer than anything I have seen before. I can't imagine it was anything but a native snake but I can't be sure as the colours and markings vary so much
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 31.1% spent or £932.98/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Wow! For seeing a snake in your very own garden, I mean! I wonder if it was desperate for some sunshine after all this rain? Amazing stuff :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Suffolk_lass
    Options
    After a bit more research I am convinced it was a grass snake. Very happy with that!

In less happy news I managed to snap off the growing tip of one of my tomato plants (and gave one to my neighbour, minutes before!) hmm.

Everything growing like mad in the garden.

I realised that I have slightly more in the emergency cash account than we owe on the mortgage now! We will stick to our plan to use DH's TFLS to pay down most of it though.
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    After a bit more research I am convinced it was a grass snake. Very happy with that!
    Very! Grass snakes are Good Things, I'm pretty sure :)

I realised that I have slightly more in the emergency cash account than we owe on the mortgage now! We will stick to our plan to use DH's TFLS to pay down most of it though.
    Then you're mortgage neutral! Woo hoo :j:j:j
    Congratulations! :bdaycake:
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,296 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Great news on the mortgage :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • XSpender
    XSpender Posts: 3,811 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Excellent news on emergency savings offsetting the outstanding mortgage and :eek: to the snake!
    Save £10,500 - £2673.77 - 25.5%
    Pay off £7000 - £1743 - 19.4%
    Make £2021 extra income - £99.75
  • Suffolk_lass
    edited 18 June 2019 at 8:06AM
    Options
    Oh dear. I got on the scales this morning and my weight is creeping up. I sort of knew my tummy has been feeling bloated. Time to have a strict period. I am not going to do a full eight weeks as that is not practical (hols in five and seven weeks) but a month of eating only what we should will help us both (DH won't mind - he will snack on in the background until school breaks up and it will help both of us. I need to nip this in the bud!

I will try and be accountable on here for what I am eating.

Day 1 - black coffee so far -
    • Breakfast will be greek-style yogurt with nuts and seeds (shortly)
    • Lunch will be soup (hm courgette and vegetable)
    • Dinner will be a share of a tomahawk steak - I reckon I can get six portions out of it - with salad and then berries and greek yogurt
    • I will pick up some bowl fruit when I go for my eye test and might snack a piece of fruit (eg apple, pear or stone fruit - nothing tropical or citrus)

I just need to avoid the cakes from the weekend in the tin and the two packets of chocolate buttons I know are in the naughty drawer with a snack-size kit-kat. Hmm, I can see why I have let a few pounds creep back on.
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,594 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Oh dear. I got on the scales this morning and my weight is creeping up. I sort of knew my tummy has been feeling bloated. Time to have a strict period. I am not going to do a full eight weeks as that is not practical (hols in five and seven weeks) but a month of eating only what we should will help us both (DH won't mind - he will snack on in the background until school breaks up and it will help both of us. I need to nip this in the bud!

I will try and be accountable on here for what I am eating.

Day 1 - black coffee so far -
    • Breakfast will be greek-style yogurt with nuts and seeds (shortly)
    • Dinner will be a share of a tomahawk steak - I reckon I can get six portions out of it - with salad and then berries and greek yogurt
    • I will pick up some bowl fruit when I go for my eye test and might snack a piece of fruit (eg apple, pear or stone fruit - nothing tropical or citrus)

I just need to avoid the cakes from the weekend in the tin and the two packets of chocolate buttons I know are in the naughty drawer with a snack-size kit-kat. Hmm, I can see why I have let a few pounds creep back on.
    Haha I know what you mean Suffolk. I have been lax since getting back from holiday and started eating all the wrong stuff again. I have a bad bronchitis type cough too so can't exercise or walk the coastal path as I have been doing over the last month. No more snacking from today. You have given me a kick too. ;)

Well done on your savings being higher than your mortgage too. Not long until your DH retires now.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Suffolk_lass
    Options
    Why not join me enthusiasticsaver? I don't mind if you post yours here too - in fact I don't mind who posts here really if it helps us with the relevant "Kick up the Rs" to take the pressure off our joints and organs.

In addition to the weight, I know my tummy is bloated, my ankles were swollen, my feet itchy and dry and my head is itchy - I am hoping that cutting out sugar ameliorates all of these symptoms of a rubbish sugar-heavy diet. So much coming from the garden and in the freezer I am just buying yogurt and apples/peaches this week
  • Suffolk_lass
    Options
    Been for a walk (just under 2 miles) with some dogs and just having a snack and some cold water. Definitely going to storm later - it is muggy.

Day 1 - so far - black coffee, breakfast of greek-style yogurt with nuts and seeds, berries and a sprinkle of jumbo organic oats. My snack is raspberries and blueberries nuked for a minute (too long) - stewed berries I suppose. Not hungry for soup at the moment so will have that later when I get back from the optician.
    My plan for the rest of today is:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure