Cross Stitch and Craft Cafe 2019

Options

Comments

• nmm
    nmm Posts: 2,382 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I bet you can't wait to complete it, sadly they seem like a chore sometimes but the final stitch is totally worth it. Love the pretty maids kit, looks fun.
    I've still not decided on anything, was looking for a nice Sunflower design, then got side tracked by Narrow Boat designs, haha. I may just make a start on some Christmas cards, is August too early? :snow_laug
    Cross Stitch Cafe Member No1WIP: Cross Stitch: Seascape Kit - Crochet:
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,876 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning!
    I'd say it's never too early for anything Christmas related and I'm speaking to myself here as need to make some cards too :)
    Looking forward to the home straight tonight although my bff is ringing me so hopefully I won't be sewing too late. The sheep design is rather disappointing - the original painting has shading on the sheep and the mountains but it appears the cross stitch designer has those as blocks of the same colour. I may try blending the sheep white with a strand of grey and see how that looks. Not starting it just yet. Don't want it looking like a contrived cartoon iyswim?
    Not sure what has happened to this week but it's gone in a flash. 3lbs on at fat club which was totally undeserved and I told the group so - been eating loads of soft fruits, salads and no carbs all week so it just doesn't stack up :mad:
    Not a lot planned for the weekend which is nice - what's everyone else up to?
    Hopefully back on later with a Ta-dah moment!
    Coxy xx
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn 12/24
  • nmm
    Options
    Sorry about the weight gain, hopefully just a blip on their scales and you'll have at least 3lb off next week. I've had lower back pain for over a week and nausea google said it maybe a kidney infection so i'm drinking loads of water, it seems to be helping, I hope it does as I react badly to antibiotics. I've been crocheting some bobble sheep and I've sorted the threads out for my first Christmas card, I look forward to your Ta-dah moment :)
  • Coxy11
    Options
    Morning!
    No ta-dah moment just yet unfortunately. I didn't start stitching until about 8.30pm as dad rang and was also waiting for bff to call but she didn't. Was watching channel 5 - celebrities go barging with John Prescott, Michael Beurk, Barry from eastenders, Anita Harris and Alma from Corrie. It was the last episode of their two week adventure. Quite amusing and looked lovely chugging along towards Stratford upon Avon. Thought of you nmm!
    After that there was a documentary about Cher. Very interesting and I don't mind her/her music so was quite good background noise for my stitching.
    Got all the rogue stitches on the dress/around her foot done. BABS although not loads, was quite bitty around the Shells. Took it off the frame and realised there was one shell still to outline which is in the midst of some shadowing of the girl. Realised more stitches weren't done and just couldn't face it as it was well after midnight by that time! I will finish it off later when I get a chance.
    Nmm - sorry to hear you are poorly. Worth a trip to the docs just in case?? I'm all for self medicating but this sounds painful xx
    Back later, have a good day.
    Coxy xx
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn 12/24
  • Coxy11
    Options
  • Coxy11
    Options
    Coxy11 wrote: »
    So here is the new thread for 2019! Hope to see lots of photos and updates throughout the year (speaking to myself here of course!).

My goals are:
    1. [STRIKE]Finish Collecting Shells that I started 10.1.16 (yes I am sad enough to keep a list)[/STRIKE]
    2. [STRIKE]Finish my crocheted blanket[/STRIKE]
    3. Make some exciting and beautiful cross-stitched Christmas cards for my buddies (so I don't get embarrassed by lack of time/skill/inclination in December 2019)
    4. Frame gingerbread trio for Christmas 2019
    5. Resist temptation to take out yet another 5 for 5 issues subscription as I have far too many projects waiting to be started as it is (nmm I'm looking at you here tut tut!)
    6. Take photos of progress and update the thread regularly - not doing too badly
    [STRIKE]7. Finish RSN stumpwork 'Beehive' design
    [/STRIKE]8. Finish Pretty Little London

Will add to this list as the year goes on but that's enough for now!
    Happy crafting everyone :)
    Coxy

Just returning to my list this morning. Will be looking for Christmas card designs to make a start on I think. Have added Pretty Little London as a piece to finish and will go through my Christmas design stash over the next few days to select something new to start on - yippee!
    Coxy xx
  • nmm
    Options
    Coxy11 wrote: »
    YAY, congrats Coxy she's very pretty :j:T have a drink on me :beer:

I've started a owl Christmas card and I need to get frames for Bauble Wreath, Elvis and Wild Wolf, luckily they are all a regular size and not huge custom ones like my usual projects.
  • Coxy11
    Options
    Thanks nmm! I did treat myself to a small glass of red last night and it went down a treat :beer:
    Today I have been browsing P!nterest for Christmas card designs but also found a book that I forgot I'd bought oooops. Anyway I'm all sorted so just need to dig out some fabric.
    I need to frame my latest finish plus her two friends Miss Daisy and Miss Cosmos. Will probably have to sell a kidney! Can you remind me nmm where you get your frames from please?
    Coxy x
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/98885901@N04/48568379627/in/dateposted-public/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/98885901@N04/48568233281/in/dateposted-public/
  • nmm
    Options
    For my custom frames I used https://www.easyframe.co.uk/ what are the dimensions as sometimes regular size frames can fit.
  • nmm
    Options
    Christmas card number 1 completed although I might add some text to it.

48594464506_ecbbb8ee1d_o.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family