Cross Stitch and Craft Cafe 2019

Comments

• nmm
    nmm Posts: 2,382 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 26 July 2019 at 9:50PM
    Coxy, I hope you are enjoying your hike and the camping isn't too bad for you the weather has been very mixed over the last couple of days here.

My latest updates for you almost finished wild wolf, i'm so close now :) The second photo is the crochet card I made for my mum's birthday, I put safety pins on the flowers so she can wear them if she wants to.

48382727567_803d6f6e42_o.jpg

48382588626_acd975a59b_o.jpg

EDIT: Oh I forgot to tell you guys, my comment is appearing in Cross Stitch Crazy issue 260 on the stitch & chat page, sadly you will see my ugly mug too, but anything for a freebie :rotfl:
    Cross Stitch Cafe Member No1WIP: Cross Stitch: Seascape Kit - Crochet:
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,864 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Hi gang!
    I'm back from my epic adventure - just shy of 60 miles trekked over 3 days along Hadrian's Wall. Hips, back and feet held up suprisingly well. DSis has a sore ankle - possibly achilles heel injury(?) so she will need to get that checked out before we walk JoGLE next year - it's all go!
    Lovely updates nmm - your're so close to finishing Mr Wolf and the card is lovely. Wish I'd have thought about the brooch idea.... I had a quick look in MrTs yesterday and they had CSC issue 258 on the shelf so I guess I need to wait a while longer as I'm resisting taking out a subscription. I have a wad of mags from years back and could do with Ebay!ng or charity shopping them. There's only a handful of designs I'd really like to stitch.
    I managed some stitching on Monday last week but was away Weds-Sun. Got it out again last night and will do the same tonight. Just ploughing on with great swathes of the same colour now then there's a little BABS and it will be done. We are away next week in the Yorkshire Dales - that's if the rain hasn't washed it away. Might take it with me but worried that I will be anti-social and tbh holidays are the only times we get to play scrabble/rummikub/cards etc. with the teens.
    My next project will be a Christmas design - so looking forward to starting that as I have everything I need for it.
    JCS1 - how's the SAL coming along and have you found homes for the framed pieces yet?
    Take care,
    Coxy x
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading The Various Haunts of Men by Susan Hill 1/24
  • nmm
    Coxy, the trek sounds great shame about your sisters sore ankle, hope shes better soon. JoGLE?

Mum loved the card and said she was going to wear the pink flower out on her birthday :) I got the 5 issues for £5 email again today, thinking it might be worth signing up as that is cheaper than buying the single issue, but like you there is not a lot of designs I like in them. Wolf will be finished by the weekend, I got gifted some light blue aida so might look for some Christmas designs to use that on, I also have loads of white floss.
  • Coxy11
    JoGLE - Johno'Groats to Lands End 😊 for charity in memory of my nephew/her son :A

My life is so bizarre. Went to the American Embassy this afternoon for drinks and nibbles. Invite through work so thought I might not get the chance again. Amazing building. Going to a spa day tomorrow then off to Yorkshire on Saturday. Lost 1lb at fat club despite ALL THAT WALKING! Now for stitching time :j
    Coxy x
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading The Various Haunts of Men by Susan Hill 1/24
  • nmm
    Coxy, good luck on your JoGLE, my life may be changing soon too we're thinking about living on a narrow boat :rotfl:

Well the big news of the day Wild Wolf is complete, ta~da :j

48456379946_9ccc0e4f08_o.jpg
  • Coxy11
    Yippee nmm - love the finished wolf, he's gorgeous! Are you keeping him or is he a gift, can't remember.
    We are in the depths of North Yorkshire this week. No phone signal at the cottage but wifi thank goodness otherwise the teens would've had a sulk! Been out and about to Ripon, Harrogate and Thirsk (home of the Yorkshire Vet and also James Herriot museum). I've been in Duttons for Buttons in Harrogate plus a wool shop in Thirsk and have been very good and just looked. I'm not a speculative stash shopper, I need to know I'll use stash for a particular project. Off to York tomorrow where there's another's Duttons plus Ramshambles wool shop. Will see what they've got to tempt me!
    Didn't bring a project with me so will be getting stuck in when I get home at the weekend.
    Ooh nmm to living on a narrow boat. Where will you hang all your projects?! My aunt used to have one and lived on it for three years. She's an artist and used to moor up and paint and sell her pictures by the waterside. She now has a house but also a small converted tug that she goes away on every few months. Best of both worlds.
    Coxy x
  • nmm
    Yorkshire sounds lovely Coxy, window shopping is best especially as we have huge stashes to use up, well done on restraining yourself. The first thing I've been looking at in boats is the wall space, haha beautiful dreamer will definitely be with me. We are putting the boat move on hold for a little while not really practical atm but it will happen at some point.

I've finished a card for my sisters birthday, I was testing my new scallop pinking shears, now to decide on a new project.

48487115727_5cc9ac727c_o.jpg
  • Coxy11
    Lovely card nmm - sure your DSis will love it x
    York today. Ramshambles wasn't there! Just googled it now I'm home and it closed in Feb 2017! Did visit Duttons for Buttons with DD for a looksie tho. York was extremely busy with tourists and the Shambles seems to have been turned into Harry Potter world for some reason. All very odd being as the films aren't anything to do with York??!
    Thunder and lightening due tomorrow all day so will go on a brewery tour and might leave for home tomorrow after dinner instead of Saturday. We need to wash the bedding and towels for the next hirers so could get some done during the day whilst we are out.
    Coxy x
  • Coxy11
    We are home! Decided to leave yesterday as woke up to non-stop rain so stripped and washed the beds. Went to local brewery for a tour, but only had space on the 3.30pm tour so ended up having lunch and a leisurely walk around the village. The day got hotter and sunnier so the weatherman got that totally wrong! Managed to buy a cross stitch kit at the brewery which I will do for my sisters cottage as it's very similar to her place:
    https://www.tomjoe.com/products/cross-stitch-kits/thomas-joseph-cross-stitch-pretty-maids.html
    Left Yorkshire at 7.30pm and got home at half past midnight. Was very glad of my bed!
    Will be tidying and washing today but will be picking up Collecting Shells this evening after dinner.
    Coxy x
  • Coxy11
    Morning all,
    I'm 99.5% there with Collecting Shells. Finished the sea/sky on Monday evening then finished off the hair stitches on Tuesday. I started the (very little) BABS around her face, hands etc. and realised there were more stitches I'd missed as obviously I had got bored/put my stitching down/forgot where I'd stitched to etc, So frustrated I cannot tell you. DH helpfully told me to 'burn it' as he'd been out for a drink and obviously thought he was being funny!
    My Dad was here last night and tonight is fat club so no chance of picking it up again until tomorrow night. It will be finished before the weekend is out :)
    Nmm - what are you stitching now?
    Coxy x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure