48610806703_ab9811d1d0_o.jpg
    Cross Stitch Cafe Member No1WIP: Cross Stitch: Seascape Kit - Crochet:
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,883 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi all,
    Happy Bank Holiday for those that have one :D
    Nmm - indeed - fame at last! Lovely to 'see' you. We have the same hair lol!
    The little owl card is lovely. You are doing so well with your one card a month plan.
    I found some Christmas card designs earlier in the week. They are in a book I bought at Ally Pally in Oct 2017 but had forgotten about.... oops. Some of the DMC colours are lower numbers and I don't appear to have them or indeed be able to source them online which is odd as the book was only published in 2017. Will check mums stash next Saturday when I go down there and if needs be I will substitute for a different colour.
    Going to wash, dry and press my little ladies this week. The framers near to my mum is only open Tuesday to Saturday and I couldn't make it on Saturday, so next week it is.
    I've been carrying on with Pretty Little London in the meantime - photo to follow.
    Hope you all have a great day - roasting here in Kent :j
    Coxy x
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Into the Water by Paula Hawkins 14/24
  • Coxy11
    Options
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Into the Water by Paula Hawkins 14/24
  • nmm
    nmm Posts: 2,382 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Coxy, pretty little London is lovely, I like nice simple stitches after completing big projects. Not sure if these are your numbers some dmc thread got renumbered https://cloudsfactory.net/discontinued-colors As for the hair, center parted, straight and flat :rotfl: it never changes unless I add a fringe which I instantly regret doing.

Currently stitching the free gift that came with the mag, its a santa design mounted in a hoop, next month has some wooden tree decorations.
  • Coxy11
    Options
    Morning all,
    Thanks for the thread tips nmm, much appreciated. I still need to wash my little ladies and will do so tonight as need them dry and steamed before Saturday. It's fat club tonight so will do it after that. My hair is side parting, no fringe - I know I would regret it too :rotfl:
    No stitching done yet this week. BH Monday we had a family BBQ, and spent tuesday evening at my friend's house - her H has left after 20 years and she's in bits. Didn't get home until after midnight and have to get up at 6 for work so really struggled yesterday. Nice early night last night so I'm feeling refreshed now!
    Hoping to pick up PLL tomorrow night and finish Big Ben :T
    Have a good day all
    Coxy x
  • nmm
    Options
    No stitching done for me either this week, not sure where the time has gone. Very nice of you to help your friend I bet that was a massive shock for her.

I hope to do some stitching over the weekend but still boat hunting :rotfl:
  • Coxy11
    Options
    Hello!
    Happy weekend everyone. Hope the boat hunting proves useful nmm.
    I put the little ladies into the framers today. Chose 1" wide oak frame and double mounts for each - pink for Miss Cosmos, beige for Miss Shells and blue for Miss Daisy, with an off white wider border. Cost is £66 each which is a little bit :eek: but worth it given the time they took.
    Had lunch at the craft centre with mum, DH and DS2 then went to DSis house for a cuppa.
    Off to our friends tonight. They are having a garden party so I hope the rain holds off.
    Managed to finish Big Ben last night, so some progress on PLL.
    Have a good evening all.
    Coxy x
  • nmm
    Options
    :eek: at the £66 each maybe I should go into framing cross stitch, my frames cost no more than £30 for the big ones 50-60cm wide and I lace the back myself. Done a small bit of stitching on the santa he has hair and his beard :rotfl:
  • Coxy11
    Options
    Hiya,
    Yes nmm, I know it's a lot of money but I have neither the time or skill to frame them myself. I've done smaller pieces in the past but these are sizeable so will need to bite the bullet :(
    No stitching done yet this week despite DH being away with work. I'm off to my neighbour again tonight but only popping in to look at helping her to dismantle some furniture. I'm off next week and have a free day on Monday so will hopefully take it to the tip as her car is a coupe.
    Latest PLL update:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/98885901@N04/48672636606/in/dateposted-public/
    Coxy x
  • Coxy11
    Options
    Morning all,
    Hope your weekend was good. I have been non-stop eating and drinking since Friday lunchtime!! I may just be celebrating a big birthday tomorrow which ends in a '0' and starts with a '5' eeek! I bought cakes for the office on Friday and then went to a Turkish restaurant with pals on Friday night. Lots of food and dancing and even a belly dancer! Went to a posh pub for lunch on Saturday with in-laws as MIL was 70 last week. Then went to First Dates restaurant yesterday with my family for more food.
    I'm off work this week as we are off to Venice on Wednesday for a few days (just me and DH). Feel like the size of a house and must be good today and eat my normal food and portions :)
    Finished stitching the Gherkin building on PLL last week whilst DH was away with work. Only the Millennium wheel and another building to do, plus a sentry guard and it will be finished. Will do some more this evening.
    Off round my neighbours' house this morning to dismantle some bedroom furniture and take to the tip. It's all go!
    Coxy xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure