AMAZON age restricted

Options

Comments

• shaun_from_Africa
    Options
    The only problem I have had with the Amazon age restrictions is the fact that their software still has glitches.

Not too long ago, I tried to order a kitchen cutting board for delivery to an Amazon locker and I was unable to do so.
    It turned out that as the listing referred to "cutting" and "knives", the computer assumed it was a knife and would only allow delivery to my house where it could be signed for when delivered.
  • deadite66
    Options
    Its a pretty silly new policy, don't have any photo id when a case of ciders arrived. luckily someone else in the house had some.
    will just go to the supermarket next time.
  • Morglin
    Morglin Posts: 15,919 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I think it must depend on the courier. I’ve bought a lot of age restricted stuff from Amazon recently, and never once been asked for proof of age or ID.

Lin :)
    You can tell a lot about a woman by her hands..........for instance, if they are placed around your throat, she's probably slightly upset. ;)
  • AylesburyDuck
    Options
    How very strange, i got the very same thing this last week with an order of spirts , i got an email explaining i would have to provide ID at the door (i suspect you did too), and yes when it was delivered i was asked for it and gave it and it was no problem at all, i'm female and 54 and frankly it was a bad day i looked like the crypt keeper. It took him some time to scroll back to 1965 and i joked about it.

"So my advice to all Amazon customers over 21 is do not purchase any alcohol beverage from Amazon, or Amazon Pantry it’s supermarket arm. Else, suffer possible embarrassment/ harassment, and Ageism.
    Some may be flattered to be asked for evidence of age - at my age I am beyond such."

Are you serious! Really, the blokes doing a job, you were probably customer 79 out of 150, and frankly he probably forgot about you before he even left your drive. Mountain and molehill spring to mind.
    Fully paid up member of the ignore button club.
    If it walks like a Duck, quacks like a Duck, it's a Duck.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've ordered alcohol and not been asked for ID and if I was it wouldn't be an issue for me, possibly a little annoying but not something I'd jump onto Mae to post about
  • Kentish_Dave
    Options
    You feel disgust?

You poor, poor little snowflake, life must be hard for you.

Amazon asked to see proof of age from me yesterday. Yes, it seems silly as I am clearly over age, but it’s easier than asking the delivery driver to use his best judgement.
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,131 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    The courier is doing what he has been instructed to do. may lose his job if he doesn't do it. Donlt shoot the messenger.

Direct your disgust to Amazon and see what they say
  • deadite66
    Options
    Hopefully the loss of revenue does more to change their rule than complaining does.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 18 August 2019 at 4:56PM
    Options
    Royal Mail are in the process of implementing age/ID verification for certain products.
    So I expect it will be across the board soon.
    Moglex wrote: »
    This, below, is all well and good, but it is NOT the case that drivers always ask for proof of age if the person who answers the door is over 25.

I've had several restricted items delivered and have NEVER been asked for proof of age.

So it does not matter how many emails Amazon send, nor how carefully I read them, I'd still be surprised (though not in any way bothered) if asked for proof or age.

It's the same with the post office. They CLAIM that they always require Id when you collect a parcel, but whenever I did so they were always quite happy with just the card they left.

Of course you likely mean Royal Mail. always good to get details correct when complaining about details....
  • Moglex
    Moglex Posts: 1,581 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    custardy wrote: »
    Of course you likely mean Royal Mail. always good to get details correct when complaining about details....

LOL, don't get yer panties in a bunch. :rotfl:

Even if you assumption was correct (which it wasn't) anyone who knows the difference will know what is meant, and anyone who doesn't won't understand/care.

And, for your information, the same thing applies both to collection from a post office AND from a RM sorting office. In both cases it's stated that you need photo Id, but in neither have I never been asked.

Happy now?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure