Frump to Fab 2019 - Here We Go Again

Options

Comments

• savingfortomorrow
    Options
    sugar- i used to look a lot in the items misspelt items. I have used a few search engine for it. it allows a lot of interesting spelling to be overlooked.
    I used to set the limits on the price to under 50p and some items are great. I used to do a lot of ebay but the postage charges are too expensive.

I scratched under the chin and looks like it is skined. If someone else did it I would wonder how they did it. Im convienced that the neck had less pain receptors and took me longer to realize I damaged skin.

I think we all need to be careful as beauty can cause issues- shoes and waxing.

lessons- Its a question of experience. Safety is so important when planning a job in the house. Just taking a moment to plan and take a second to look for pitfalls. It is better to take your time to plan than spend your time in accident and emergency if you fall. I don't like heights as I don't think you will find me on a ladder much.
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    I really enjoyed my night out in Camden the other night. The only thing is that it was raining and I wore my waterfall cardigan in the end and it wasn't warm enough. I don't think the denim jacket would have been any warmer either.

I just ordered a black trench coat and a black faux leather biker jacket from M&S and George for the in between weather.

I also got some black satin pyjamas and some black dotty pyjama bottoms.

I've got three days out planned for November. My husband has two weeks of annual leave.

I'm going out in London with my brother one night. I'm going to Leigh-on-sea for the day to look in the charity shops as I heard that they are meant to be good. I have Liam Gallagher tickets for the end of November as well.:A
  • sugarbaby125
    sugarbaby125 Posts: 3,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

Yesterday I got an email about the Elle Beauty Box I had ordered on Tuesday, informing me that they would not be able to fulfill my order as they had run out of stock. :p Ah well I cannot grab every bargain I see on the MSE newsletter. ;)

I am looking on eBay for alternative high end make up and make up brushes for my 18 year old granddaughter's Christmas presents now. :D
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,592 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    That's a shame about the beauty box sugarbaby . Fortunately you've got plenty of time to find an alternative.:)

Glad you enjoyed your night out Wednesday . You're right to plan for different seasons. I need something for the rain too. All I have that I like is my parka but that's too casual for some occasions. I have a mac but it's boring and old fashioned although it's waterproof. My problem is that my hair really reacts badly to rain which is why my parka with a big hood really works. Maybe I need one of those plastic rain hats! :D:rotfl:

It's been a lovely day here. DH and I went into the old town today and had coffee with friends so it was good to get out. I'm getting a bit obsessed with leggings lately, they're just so comfortable. I wore them with my black biker type jacket and this time I wore a stripey Joules scarf for a bit of colour. Underneath I had a JW black top and grey cashmere cardigan so I looked decent in the coffee shop.

Have made a hair appointment for highlights but not until next month. :)
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Plastic rain hats......:rotfl::rotfl: can you still get them.

Good morning lovely ladies.

Not much news here.

Did go for a nice posh afternoon tea yesterday. Wore one of my new dresses - a black and white houndstooth check - a sort of tunic type, so teamed it with a black top underneath and black leggings, and ankle boots. It looked quite retro - with a passing nod to The Mary Quant designs of the 60s.

I got loads of compliments ........even my eldest son who is completely disinterested in clothes commented that I was wearing dresses more often these days.

It's true.....for years I just felt uncomfortable wearing skirts and dresses. I wore trousers as camoflage.:rotfl: it was my default mode, trying to look slimmer than I was. Not any more.........now that I have lost weight it's lovely to have so much choice.

For those of you struggling......keep going.

The road to fabdom may not always be easy but it's worth it in the end. Remember the mantra.

'Persistence Pays Off".

Keep smiling, be happy and keep your eyes on the prize.

Got a busy week planned. A nice mix of work and pleasure. Well now that the ceiling is finished the work is also pleasure. :rotfl:

Time to start the day.....nice to see the sunshine again this morning.

Have a great week y'all.

Keeeeep fabbing.
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    My trench coat and pyjamas are arriving early this afternoon.

I will stay in for the delivery and then go out for a walk as it is sunny again. I wore my sandals when I went out yesterday but I don't think it is sandal weather anymore!

I'm wearing one of my navy short dresses with a short navy cardigan and black tights and my black and white skechers today.

I stepped on the scales today and I have gained a couple pounds back. I have had two takeaways and eaten out in a restaurant this week so it isn't exactly a surprise!:rotfl:

Back on the straight and narrow today. I'm having some Linda McC sausages with grilled tomatoes and baked beans for breakfast.

I'm making veggie tortilla wraps for lunch and will make a big batch of carrot and red lentil soup for dinner.:T

Yesterday I got an email about the Elle Beauty Box I had ordered on Tuesday, informing me that they would not be able to fulfill my order as they had run out of stock. :p Ah well I cannot grab every bargain I see on the MSE newsletter. ;)

Aw, that is a shame.
    maman wrote: »

Glad you enjoyed your night out Wednesday . You're right to plan for different seasons. I need something for the rain too. All I have that I like is my parka but that's too casual for some occasions. I have a mac but it's boring and old fashioned although it's waterproof. My problem is that my hair really reacts badly to rain which is why my parka with a big hood really works. Maybe I need one of those plastic rain hats! :D:rotfl:

:D Yeah, I'm the same as my hair is wavy anyway, but the rain makes it puff up more.
    Not much news here.

Did go for a nice posh afternoon tea yesterday. Wore one of my new dresses - a black and white houndstooth check - a sort of tunic type, so teamed it with a black top underneath and black leggings, and ankle boots. It looked quite retro - with a passing nod to The Mary Quant designs of the 60s.

I got loads of compliments ........even my eldest son who is completely disinterested in clothes commented that I was wearing dresses more often these days.

It's true.....for years I just felt uncomfortable wearing skirts and dresses. I wore trousers as camoflage.:rotfl: it was my default mode, trying to look slimmer than I was. Not any more.........now that I have lost weight it's lovely to have so much choice.

Sounds like a nice outfit.
  • maman
    Options
    Plastic rain hats......:rotfl::rotfl: can you still get them.

Oh yes you can!:rotfl:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LARGE-PATTERNED-RAIN-HAT-Ladies-Polkadot-Hair-Protector-Hood-Bonnet-Neck-Tie/192740519996?hash=item2ce03af03c:g:DW0AAOSwH-daPPfu

It's bright and sunny here too. DH decided to do some painting (just a window sill that was looking a bit untidy) and he wants to do a second coat later so it's unlikely I'll be able to drag him out in his DIY clothes. My exercise might be a walk to the little Co-op for some milk!:D

Hope you're happy with the delivery when it arrives Wednesday. I think that Mary Quant look is coming back LL. That's one of the things about leggings and opaque tights, they look good with shorter skirts. I've noticed a number of cord pinafores and skirts around that would look good that way including in Sainsbury's.

I'm having a day out in London later in the week with a friend so that's something nice to look forward to. I hope the weather is OK or I might need my rain hood!:D
  • sugarbaby125
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

I had a really great evening out last night of dancing in the pub. :D

One of the regular women from the Karaoke circuit was celebrating her birthday and had paid for lots of lovely Caribbean food for us all. :T I had 2 small pieces of fried fish with sliced fried onions and peppers, curry goat (it's actually mutton), a jerk chicken drumstick with rice & peas (red kidney beans) with gravy. :D As she had mentioned there would be food provided for everyone, I did not bother to eat dinner at home before I went out for the evening. The food was absolutely delicious. :D

I wore my navy blue Kaleidoscope velvet and silk sleeveless top, with my navy blue Joanna Hope chiffon skirt with godets, and my Kaleidoscope chiffon cardigan with lots of beading and embellishment with my navy blue and white with navy buttons raincoat. I wore my navy blue Van Dal matt and patent leather sling backs and I was carrying a navy blue with silver handles evening bag. I wore an 18ct gold chain and a 9ct gold pear shaped diamonique pendant, a 18ct gold bracelet and and an iolite and 9ct gold ring and a a 9ct gold marquise cut diamonique ring with my gold plated Tissot watch. :D

I layered my Elizabeth Arden Red Door perfume with the matching shower gel, body lotion and body powder. I painted my fingernails with a clear nail polish. I did not bother to wear any make up. :D

I did a lot of my dancing sitting on a chair, because despite painkillers my Arthritis was giving me pain in various parts of my body. I did not let the pain stop me from having a great night though and I got up and danced when I could. :D

I also got a container of jerk pork, curry goat and steamed vegetables to bring home at the end of the night, as the woman celebrating her birthday was happy to give anyone who wanted some of the leftover food a container full of food. I enjoyed the food with some pilau rice and extra gravy today for my lunch. :D

I am going to the same pub again tonight for Karaoke. :D
  • maman
    Options
    That sounds like one fabulous evening at the Caribbean themed party sugarbaby. Your outfit sounds so glamorous too, even coordinated with your raincoat!:T

I decided to take some time with pampering this morning as my shower was less rushed than some other days. One job was to take the nail polish off my toes ready for my podiatrist appointment on Wednesday. It's proving very difficult. It's just normal polish (from the nail bar) not shellac but it's really difficult to get off. I'm so pleased I didn't leave it until Wednesday. I've got most off but will return to it later.:(

I've sorted out my train ticket for Thursday so looking forward to meeting up with my friend. At the moment, we're planning the pre-Raphaelite women exhibition at the National Portrait Gallery followed by a matinee somewhere. Whatever we do we'll have a good time. :)

I did manage a short walk yesterday. I had a letter to post so walked a bit further round the block to a more distant post box.:D

I have a meeting later so will get fabbed up. It's dull here but dry at the moment so I need to think of what suits. It's too easy to just wear leggings and something.:o

Sorry this post has been a bit me, me, me. Hope everyone is OK.:A
  • sugarbaby125
    Options
    Thank you Maman,

I went to Karaoke last night and I had a really fun evening. :D

There were plenty of singers, so I sang Hurt So Good, Make You Feel My Love, Lean On Me and I also sang Never Ever by All Saints for the 1st time in public. I was fine until the last few lines of Never, Ever, when I realised I had no idea of how those last few lines were meant to be sung. :D I had fun though even if it was not perfect. I shall continue to try new songs. ;)

so I have had a really good weekend and I only spent £3.60 for 2 bottles of water on Saturday, £1.50 for bus fares on Saturday, £1.80 for a bottle of water on Sunday and £1.50 for bus fares on Sunday, so my social life for the whole weekend was also very MSE :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure